Selfie Sticks

jaye614

Mouseketeer
Really?!! I was watching a show at the Castle and right in front of my view is someone with a selfie stick...let's just say that I wasn't able to take many good pictures unless I wanted that stick in the picture.

Really?!! I was watching a show at the Castle and right in front of my view is someone with a selfie stick...let's just say that I wasn't able to take many good pictures unless I wanted that stick in the picture.

We were in Universal the first week of January. We kept laughing that the go-to Christmas present was the Selfie Stick as there were so many of them. Everywhere you turned somebody had one. I could not understand why anybody would want to walk around all day carrying that silly stick.

Some of the sticks did not look like they retracted, so I don't know how they got them in the lockers for rides.

It seemed such a pain to carry all day just for a few pictures.

They were EVERYWHERE when we went to DL in December. I was just thankful not to find anyone using them during fireworks or the parade. I could see that getting really ugly.

We did get one for our daughter for Christmas, and she has had a ton of fun with it. But she would never take it into the parks.

We were in Universal the first week of January. We kept laughing that the go-to Christmas present was the Selfie Stick as there were so many of them. Everywhere you turned somebody had one. I could not understand why anybody would want to walk around all day carrying that silly stick.

Some of the sticks did not look like they retracted, so I don't know how they got them in the lockers for rides.

It seemed such a pain to carry all day just for a few pictures.

Most of the ones we saw retracted down to about 6".

What is a selfie stick?? I've never heard of it/one.

It's an extension pole for your cell phone, used for taking photos. Most have a Bluetooth shutter release button down where you hold it.

I actually bought one last spring or summer when they were featured on GMA's Deals and Steals (way before it was the "it" gift lol). I paid under $20. I like it. It retracts very small so it fits into a purse. I have only used it at indoor parties so far. I would hope people who use them in an outside place where many people are would be courteous with it. I bought it as we have a large family and it does help get everyone in a picture.

Mine is the Looq brand. The phone clips into the cushioned brace at the end. It has a plug you insert into your phone's jack, you open up the Looq app and press the button on the handle.

SELFISTICK_zpsae13c582.jpg

MJ

Most of the ones we saw retracted down to about 6".

A ton of the ones we saw being carried around looked like they were fully retracted and still the size of a baton.

And a good number of people were carrying around a 3' stick. Perhaps they just didn't retract it, but why would you want to walk around carrying a long stick?

Everybody must have had their news toys out because there were so many it was noticeable to the point of being funny.

Edited to add: Thinking that I might be crazy that I saw so many long sticks being carried, I went on Amazon and some of their most popular sticks were 21" long at their smallest. So, almost 2 feet long, definitely too long to put in a purse. I have to believe Amazon that these are their most popular sellers, because that is what we saw, people carrying long sticks around all day.

A ton of the ones we saw being carried around looked like they were fully retracted and still the size of a baton.

And a good number of people were carrying around a 3' stick. Perhaps they just didn't retract it, but why would you want to walk around carrying a long stick?

Everybody must have had their news toys out because there were so many it was noticeable to the point of being funny.

We laughed at them all the way around DL. We spent all that time making fun of how obnoxious they were. Then we went home and bought one for our daughter. :lmao: I know.... I know...... I'm now part of the problem instead of part of the solution. :cool2:

These things came out several years ago as the Xshot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5OmAFcI3vY

However they are popular now because it works with the iPhone.

I was at a parade and saw these extenders everywhere. They are great for shooting over crowds... until a guy ahead of you has one too.

One problem people don't think about.... shaky videos.

I guess they are better than those loud drones.

They were EVERYWHERE at Universal this weekend. Crazy. My 12 year old thinks they're awesome and declared she must have one. Even when I reminded her that her phone is a $15 old tracphone she still wanted one. :confused3

It's an extension pole for your cell phone, used for taking photos. Most have a Bluetooth shutter release button down where you hold it.

Thanks for the explanation! :goodvibes

And,....what a totally stupid piece of equipment. LOL I can't believe such a thing even exists!

We laughed at them all the way around DL. We spent all that time making fun of how obnoxious they were. Then we went home and bought one for our daughter. :lmao: I know.... I know...... I'm now part of the problem instead of part of the solution. :cool2:
We saw them EVERYWHERE at WDW in December/January and I admit I thought about getting one myself ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter