SDFP... Here now. Works! *Read Post #48 and Post #671*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will the MagicBands battery last? I can get extra ones from family members but it will be 2 years before they are used. Will they work for SDFP? Is there a way to test them before going to the parks?

How long will the MagicBands battery last? I can get extra ones from family members but it will be 2 years before they are used. Will they work for SDFP? Is there a way to test them before going to the parks?
They will work. It's the FP tapstile and the kiosks that are self-powered and "read" the RFID info.

Good day at MK! Just curious...what time did you go to the kiosk, which one, and how many in your party? And how long did it take? I'm concerned that with the inability to edit on the phones it will take me a while at the kiosks to get stuff that works for our party of 5 that follows a somewhat strict touring plan. Looking forward to hearing how it works out at Epcot!
We had a ppo adr at BOG, so rode that at open, got on Peter Pan with about a 10 min wait after that and then went right to the kiosk by Philharmagic, so it was maybe 9:15 or right after. There were a few with no lines, so we walked right up. We snagged the BTMRR for a 9:20 am slot, HM for 11:00 am, and scheduled JCfor the evening because there were not many available times in the day. We have four in our family and it took about 5 mins, mostly because of the JC snag. It was super easy.
Today we went on Soarin at rope drop and went right to the kiosks in Innovations west right after and all Soarin' and Test Track were already gone. That was fine because we had a regular fp for TT. We ended up with the Land at 10:25, and Journey at 11:40. The Land fp probably saved us about a 15 to 20 min wait, so worked out great as a sdfp.

I've read through and you guys are great at being patient with new people figuring this out! Trying to understand this craziness:

I have MDE account with a new ticket linked to me.

I also have my son on my MDE account from a prior trip. Active but no tickets linked to him.

A- I can buy ticket and link it to him, book 6 FP+ 30 days ahead(3 on mine, 3 on his), enter park using MY band but take his along in my possession and have 6 fast passes usable that day plus a day ticket left over on his band?

OR

B- I can not purchase a ticket and link to his band, only book 3 fast passes ahead on MY band, but take his along and make same day fast passes on his unlinked, no ticketed band.

Just confirming before I do anything stupid. Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of booking 3 on my band and 3 on his in another park. hmmmm.

I've read through and you guys are great at being patient with new people figuring this out! Trying to understand this craziness:

I have MDE account with a new ticket linked to me.

I also have my son on my MDE account from a prior trip. Active but no tickets linked to him.

A- I can buy ticket and link it to him, book 6 FP+ 30 days ahead(3 on mine, 3 on his), enter park using MY band but take his along in my possession and have 6 fast passes usable that day plus a day ticket left over on his band?

OR

B- I can not purchase a ticket and link to his band, only book 3 fast passes ahead on MY band, but take his along and make same day fast passes on his unlinked, no ticketed band.

Just confirming before I do anything stupid. Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of booking 3 on my band and 3 on his in another park. hmmmm.

By George, I think you've got it! :)

Again, thank you. It is convoluted, if you ask me, but this is the system we're stuck using. My trip is in under 30 days so you can imagine that the fps are going quickly and some are already gone. I'm trying to maximize what I have left! I feel badly for folks who come and haven't booked anything and are trying same day only. Just my opinion. I know we all have different ones on this subject!

I feel badly for folks who come and haven't booked anything and are trying same day only.

I feel badly for them with or without the existence of SDFP. These days especially, Disney is *not* a place for the unprepared.

We had a ppo adr at BOG, so rode that at open, got on Peter Pan with about a 10 min wait after that and then went right to the kiosk by Philharmagic, so it was maybe 9:15 or right after. There were a few with no lines, so we walked right up. We snagged the BTMRR for a 9:20 am slot, HM for 11:00 am, and scheduled JCfor the evening because there were not many available times in the day. We have four in our family and it took about 5 mins, mostly because of the JC snag. It was super easy.
Today we went on Soarin at rope drop and went right to the kiosks in Innovations west right after and all Soarin' and Test Track were already gone. That was fine because we had a regular fp for TT. We ended up with the Land at 10:25, and Journey at 11:40. The Land fp probably saved us about a 15 to 20 min wait, so worked out great as a sdfp.

That's exactly what I'm planning for MK... hope to get 10/11/12 for Splash, Pirates and JC. Seems I may need to create another plan for JC...

Did you consider getting your SDFP on the way to breakfast?
It's a bit depressing that Pan is already 10 minutes at 9am, but I guess that's a lot better than 60. But when we last went, pre-FP, Pan could still be a walk-on till 9:30.

First, thanks to the contributors to this thread. It's been helpful our first two days.

Second, what is the procedure if a SDFP ride goes down? For example, had a SDFP for KRR tonight on my parents' bands, but the ride was down. On MDX, my parents now have an anytime pass that needs to be used 6/5. Can I just walk up to any ride with their bands? And, should I do that before reserving SDFP tomorrow?

Can I just walk up to any ride with their bands? And, should I do that before reserving SDFP tomorrow?
There will be a list of rides where the anytime FP can be used. Check the FP area of the account.

An anytime FP doesn't count towards the total of the initial 3 FPs.

There will be a list of rides where the anytime FP can be used. Check the FP area of the account.

An anytime FP doesn't count towards the total of the initial 3 FPs.
Hiro - can you clarify that since I've had issues with the anytime FPP's lately? If I have/used my first 2 FPP's and then the third ride is down when I get there and I have an anytime FPP - can I then book the 4th immediately? Or do I have to wait until I use the third, even if I'm determined to wait for something like 7D to come back up rather than using an alternative immediately? I always thought it was the latter but was noticing in my manipulations last week that it didn't seem to work that way but also was still requiring the 2 Tier 2's, while ignoring the anytime FPP, which was frustrating. So if at Epcot I had Soarin' and Figment and Nemo and rode 2 but Figment was down, it would give me an anytime FPP for most of the (useless) Tier 2's but still require me to make and use ANOTHER one before making my next Tier 1.

Also, to the previous poster, when I have a SDFP and can't see the alternatives (even when I use my son's AP's I don't usually have their passwords to log into their accounts nor do I get the emails and it seems like only some of the time will "their" FPP change show up within "my" MDE) I just ask a CM. If they tells me I can view it on my phone/MDE I tell them something like "Yeah, but my battery is almost dead" (which is almost always true anyway). :)

Also, one more question someone brought up to me that I haven't tested (and don't know if/when I will be able to). If you book just a Tier 1 at say Epcot, as soon as you use it you can book a Tier 1 for HS (as we know). But could you at that point book TWO Tier 1's at HS? They didn't try but were wondering after if they could have - they used a Tier 1 at Epcot, immediately booked a Tier 1 at HS and then booked another Tier 1 at HS as soon as they scanned the first one. I'm assuming the system is designed to not allow you to hold two Tier 1's in the same park either way? I'm usually not at the parks early in the day so would have a hard time testing this (where the second park would still have 2 different Tier 1's available) but would be interested if anyone else does.

If I have/used my first 2 FPP's and then the third ride is down when I get there and I have an anytime FPP - can I then book the 4th immediately?
Last year when we received an anytime FP for a downed 7DMT, we were able to book a 4th FP before using the Anytime FP for 7D when we returned later in the evening - maybe it worked because Tiering wasn't in effect?

@ArielSRL has daily anytime FPs for her upcoming trip which I believe she received before she pre-booked her FPs - it didn't hamper her ability to pre-book her initial 3. She hasn't begun her trip so perhaps she can test the 4th FP availability?

Hi all,

I've binge-read this entire thread as well as the other Fast Pass thread , and yes my eyes are now crossed at this point!! o_O I really appreciate all the helpful info. from everyone!

Here's a few things that I'm unclear on;

I am interested in buying magic bands online - any recommendations where to buy them would be appreciated. I'm guessing the best place is Disney store.com (I checked last night an they were about $25. each so for our party of 4 it will run me $100.). I have another MDE account under my husbands name (but we have never booked a trip with this account). So all I have to do is buy magic bands, how do I make sure whoever I buy them from online doesn't link them. to my main MDE account. -How do I let whoever I am buying them from not to link them?

And then when I get them I can link them to hubby's MDE account myself, correct?
Is it ok that we have never booked a trip and have no park tickets associated with the other MDE account that I will be linking the purchased Magic Bands to?

And then once in the park I can go at any kiosk with the purchased Magic Bands for SDFP, correct?

Do I have to do anything special at the kiosk the first time I use the purchased Magic Bands for the SDFP?

I appreciate any help with this,
Thanks!
Marina:cutie:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've binge-read this entire thread as well as the other Fast Pass thread , and yes my eyes are now crossed at this point!! o_O I really appreciate all the helpful info. from everyone!

Here's a few things that I'm unclear on;

I am interested in buying magic bands online - any recommendations where to buy them would be appreciated. I'm guessing the best place is Disney store.com (I checked last night an they were about $25. each so for our party of 4 it will run me $100.). I have another MDE account under my husbands name (but we have never booked a trip with this account). So all I have to do is buy magic bands, how do I make sure whoever I buy them from online doesn't link them. to my main MDE account. -How do I let whoever I am buying them from not to link them?

And then when I get them I can link them to hubby's MDE account myself, correct?
Is it ok that we have never booked a trip and have no park tickets associated with the other MDE account that I will be linking the purchased Magic Bands to?

And then once in the park I can go at any kiosk with the purchased Magic Bands for SDFP, correct?

Do I have to do anything special at the kiosk the first time I use the purchased Magic Bands for the SDFP?

I appreciate any help with this,
Thanks!
Marina:cutie:

FYI - regular MBs are 12.99 on the Disney Store. See my message to you re free bands.

And you can frequently find the character bands on sale on the Disney site. I bought my family four different character bands for $11 each.

Was chilling at Epcot with no FPP’s at all yesterday afternoon (just there for our free AP prints and lunch at Electric Umbrella. Yes, I’m the only one who likes that restaurant) and decided to grab some SDFP’s just to do a quick tutorial for folks who want to know what the process will look like. Sorry about the photo quality as all the kiosks were in the shade and I did the best I could with my phone. All of this assumes you’re using MB’s or cards without valid ticket media attached. Hope this helps someone. :)

1. Here’s what the kiosk will look like when you walk up. You hold your card (or MB) up to the circle with the Mickey head in it on the right:

2. After you tap the card/band, just their first name will appear:

3. Repeat this for as many people as you have and it will continue to add all names to your party.

4. Once you’ve added all names, select “Next”. It will then show you FPP choices. Note that at Epcot here (or at HS), you can only select one Tier 1 as shown. Also note that for some selections (ie Illuminations) there will only be one choice. For a popular ride someone may have just released that FPP and it’s the only one available. For less popular choices, note how it shows the option “Details & More Times” to see additional options:

5. Select the time you want from this (or an additional) screen. It will confirm your selection. Note that it then tells you how many remaining FPP’s you have remaining and allows you to exit or continue on:

6. Select “New FastPass+” and it will again show you your party. You can deselect someone here if you want to only make a FPP for some members of your party or add another card/MB to add more people to the party at this point. Assuming you want your party to remain the same, select “Next” (sorry it’s cut off on the bottom):

7. I repeated the process here to add and select times for Figment for the same party and here is my confirmation for both FPP’s. Note how it all doesn’t fit on the screen. You may have to use the arrow keys on the right to scroll up and down to see selections:

8. At this point I scrolled down and chose “I’m done for now” (you could of course add the third FPP):

9. As I walked away, I pulled up my MDE and these FPP’s were already visible there, where I could modify the times or selections (I then cancelled these since I didn’t plan to use them). Just don’t cancel one instead of modifying unless you are certain you won’t use it because otherwise you’ll need to go back to a kiosk to add one more in. You can modify within the same park but if you plan to go to a different park, you’ll need to go to the kiosk there as well. If you have already used SDFP’s in one park, you will NOT be able to get 3 more in the next park, but simply one at a time at the kiosk. If you do not have your SDFP’s linked to your MDE (you just borrowed a friend’s old MB’s but didn’t link to them, etc.), then just be sure to take a screenshot of the kiosk before leaving and realize you’ll need to go back to a kiosk to make changes.

Please let me know if anything isn’t clear or if anyone has any questions!
Thanks so much for sharing this info! Will be going in July and planning to make use of SDFP as much as possible!!!

@marciemi can advise re: 4th from app which I believe is yes, it can be done.
Using my kids' AP's (which I would think would be comparable to GLFP/NBFP from what I understand?) I can make it from my phone in the app or browser. Not sure if that answers the question.
Hoping to clarify this: I've set-up a secondary MDE account, and added tickets that I *won't* be using to enter the park. After I use the initial 3 GLFPs, how do I go about getting a fourth, etc? Is it kiosk only or can I use the app? I know I can make the fourth for my primary account/tickets from the app....

Hoping to clarify this: I've set-up a secondary MDE account, and added tickets that I *won't* be using to enter the park. After I use the initial 3 GLFPs, how do I go about getting a fourth, etc? Is it kiosk only or can I use the app? I know I can make the fourth for my primary account/tickets from the app....
Able to book from the app. Rationale: because there is a ticket entitlement and the system knows you have used 3; eligible for 4th from app/browser-website based on the linked ticket entitlement.

I have read thru this a couple of times. But am still somewhat confused in my particular situation.

Orginally we had 8 real people with tickets and magic bands (pending not shipped yet) but, all are on my MDE and linked.
3 of the people can now no longer go. So that leaves me with 5 real people with tickets and magic bands.
I have already made the FP+ at the 60 day mark for all 8.

Now here is where I get confused.
Can I use the 3 that can no longer go? They have tickets linked to them and are on my MDE.

Can I buy 5 new MB's once there and use those for SDFP. If I read correctly I buy them but do not activate them?
I am not sure if I am making a new MDE for them or just adding a fake person's name to my already created MDE, and then linking them to the new bought MB.
Again if I read correctly, I do not activate at time I purchase, but must go to a Kiosk and swipe it there? Does that activate them?

Sorry for not understanding it all. But thank you to anyone that can help.

Oh one last situation: If I were to borrow another family's old MB's to use, I am confused about this because they are linked already to a person (in their MDE, but not mine). Do I add their name to my MDE? Do I create a fake name and add to my MDE? Do I just swipe them at the kiosk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter