Scooter Rental and Transportation to Universal parks

Bren's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

I volunteer for a non-profit that gives the 'gift of moments' to families with a parent suffering from a life-threatening illness. We are sending a family to Disney in April. And I need a little help, please!

Mom needs a scooter, so we are renting one for the week. In looking through threads, it seems there's a preferred vendor list. And that these vendors are allowed to deliver the scooter to the bell man so they're available upon the guest's arrival? Would someone mind pointing me in the direction of that list?

Also, they are staying at All Star Music. And have asked to spend two days at Universal parks. Can you tell me the best way to transport them, economically, WITH the scooter?

Thank you in advance for any help!

This page: Services for Guests with Disabilities is a great reference page for you and your organization.

This page: ECV Rentals has the info on the "Featured Providers" that is most current.

Tip: You can easily search this forum for information by using the Search.... box with the magnifying glass up there in the upper right corner area! :) You'll find a ton of info to pass on to your family that way - for example, just searching for "first time ECV" will return some previous threads with great advice for new ECV users! :)

Many of the ECVs you can rent can be easily broken down to fit in the trunk of a car/back of a minivan. That is how we plan to get to Universal with my family of 6, including my dad, who will be in an ECV. We will rent an ECV that can be broken down for the duration of our trip, and Mears (taxi service) has said they can provide a vehicle that will transport all 6 of us and the broken-down ECV to and from Universal. Hope that helps!

Post #2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread includes information about both featured/non-featured vendors as well as accessible taxi. As PP pointed out, some ECVs can be broken down to fit into a car trunk so if the family rents such a model most taxi cars will work fine. I'm not sure an "accessible" taxi van would be of much if any benefit because an ECV cannot be "ridden" onto and remain on the ECV during transport -- the person simply sits too high. I suggest you explain the travel needs when you call to arrange a rental.

Thank you for your volunteer work! I hope the family enjoys their vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter