• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci-Fi Diner (HS)...is it worth the experience?

Just booked Sci-Fi .....I have read many mixed reviews, but I mainly want to go there for the experience and to be able to say I at least tried it once.
What are your thoughts??
50's Diner was a thought as well, but after seeing on you tube some of the funny antics they do, I'm thinking I would die of embarrassment as I am way to shy to go along with them...would love to see it, but like I said to shy to take part

:yay:

I would say it's definitely a must-try. I *love* the atmosphere. But I have a soft spot for both the old drive-ins and the genre movies they play previews of. That being said, the food is so-so.

50's Prime Time on the other hand is a must-do for our family on every trip. Love the food AND the experience.

My family loves the place and we're all adults. Such a fun place and I don't think the food is bad at all - gourmet it's not but you can always get burgers and fries.

DH and i love sci-fi - it's a "must do" on every trip! - we can get out of the hot sun, sit in a dark, cold restaurant, staring mindlessly at the movie screen - always burgers, fries and shakes to go with the "drive-in" theming - we always go right when the place opens for lunch - even quieter then before it fills up with people!

Sci-Fi is something we do every time we come to Disney! The food isn't the best I have had at Disney, but it is still pretty good! The milkshakes are awesome though! I do think it is more for the atmosphere than the food, but it is worth trying in my opinion!

We love both Sci-Fi & Primetime 50's. I love the antics ;) The burger & shake @ sci-fi is pretty good & it is a fun experience. Go for it!

Sci Fi is worth doing once for the experience. The food was not good when we went and the cars were absolutely filthy. That being said it could be very fun for kids. For two adults we didn't think it was worth going back. The food at 50's PT was way better. We didn't have a crazy server, he played with us a bit and it was really funny. I have my nose pierced and he kept saying billy shot me with the nail gun lol.

Eta: we got burgers and fries too. The burgers tasted like frozen patties, like what you would get at a CS or a an applebees or something. Just not good at all :-/

A visit to HS is not complete for our family unless we experience Sci-Fi Dine-In. We are totally into the Hollywood vibe and it is our favorite park, so that plays into it being a must-do for us. Husband absolutely must get his Space Monkey (spiked milkshake) fix.

Couldn't agree with this more :thumbsup2. We love Sci-Fi and it wouldn't be a day at DHS without having lunch there. I have to ask, I have never heard of the Space Monkey before, what is it exactly....I am really intrigued by this :goodvibes.

How long is the average dining experience? We have an ADR for 5:35 and now have FP+ for F!, which wants us there between 6:55 and 7:15. Do you think we will be good on time?

The food is hit or miss but we still go back because the kids love it. My last visit there was a good one where everyone's food was great. The cookies and cream milkshake is my favourite and I would say stick to a burger and fries. It is a must do just for the atmosphere!

Gorillamac said:
How long is the average dining experience? We have an ADR for 5:35 and now have FP+ for F!, which wants us there between 6:55 and 7:15. Do you think we will be good on time?

Average dining time is 45 min or so.

We love both Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time! :goodvibes

When eating at Sci-Fi, we keep is simple...burgers and shakes, and it's yummy. The atmosphere is neat and prices reasonable.

At 50's Prime Time, the fried chicken is delicious!!! I mean finger-licking good :thumbsup2 When we went, we had a very friendly server who did not do all the antics stuff. Except for making DH set the table. :goodvibes

I would add that if you're bothered by AC chill you must bring a sweater! DDs and I found it almost unbearably cold.

This is one of my favorite restaurants! I highly recommend for the experience! It's like sitting at a real drive in! The food is good too. The hamburgers are great :)

Yes please go! :thumbsup2

Forget the food! The adult beverages are to die for! Marcia's Martian is a personal favorite!

Sci Fi is great! If you are paying oop, is it a good value as the best food is the less expensive items, burgers,sandwiches. Go for it, fun place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter