Sci-Fi Diner (HS)...is it worth the experience?

kiwi2013

Mouseketeer
Just booked Sci-Fi .....I have read many mixed reviews, but I mainly want to go there for the experience and to be able to say I at least tried it once.
What are your thoughts??
50's Diner was a thought as well, but after seeing on you tube some of the funny antics they do, I'm thinking I would die of embarrassment as I am way to shy to go along with them...would love to see it, but like I said to shy to take part

:yay:

A visit to HS is not complete for our family unless we experience Sci-Fi Dine-In. We are totally into the Hollywood vibe and it is our favorite park, so that plays into it being a must-do for us. Husband absolutely must get his Space Monkey (spiked milkshake) fix.

I loved Sci Fi! In fact, after eating at 50's, I almost wished we had gone with Sci Fi again instead. I really enjoyed it. The milkshakes and All-American Picnic Burger were amazing. I have a full review on my blog with pictures. But you made the right decision with going to Sci Fi! I can't wait to go back :goodvibes

We don't really enjoy the antics at Prime Time. If you haven't done Sci-Fi before, you should give it a try. We don't consider it a must-do for every trip, but we like going back every few trips or so. Hope you enjoy it!

We also LOVE Sci-Fi! Totally into the Drive in theme, the old clips and trailers, and we have always enjoyed the food! (5 star dining, no, but Hello! It's a DRIVE IN) Boys loved it from the time they were small til now when we take their kids. Big plus, go during the afternoon when it is very hot, love the DARK night interior!!

I agree with the other posters, it's definitely worth trying at least once. We have went there on every visit we've been on and always look forward to the next. We always enjoyed the food in the past, not gourmet but delicious none the less. We also went to 50s prime time twice and both time weren't too impressed, an won't be returning in November. I say go for sci fi, it's such a neat experience I'm sure your party will enjoy it :)

My boys love a good burger once in awhile. On our past vaca we ate alot of seafood & steak... So they really enjoyed sci-fi for the environment as well as the great burgers.

I booked Sci-Fi for our last trip at the very last minute. I was hesitant after not having been there since 1992 and was worried my fiance would not like it. Turned out that it was his favorite place and we cancelled our reservation at 50's later in the week to go back to Sci-Fi again. Along with good food and shakes, the atmosphere is great. Not just for the drive-in, but the fact it is cold, dark, and QUIET - it is the perfect break from a day in the parks. We are doing it again twice on our next trip.

We have always enjoyed the Sci Fi, my dd loves it. Food has always been good.

50s was not impressed, they brought me burnt pot roast. But it was okay, the table next to us got a sundae with green beans in it!

We have always enjoyed the Sci Fi, my dd loves it. Food has always been good.

50s was not impressed, they brought me burnt pot roast. But it was okay, the table next to us got a sundae with green beans in it!

I'm betting someone didn't eat their green beans. :lmao:

I have Sci-Fi booked for my January trip! It seems like a fun experience plus it's a bit cheaper than a lot of the other ADRs I have, which is always a plus when paying OOP! :thumbsup2

We are all adults, and we love Sci-Fi. We ate there for lunch in July, and we will definitely go back on our next trip.

We love scifi!! We always had great meals there. We absolutely love the atmosphere. So much fun. A unique dining experience forsure.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I wasn't too impressed with Sci Fi. The food was your standard fare burger n fries, but I thought the milkshake was so so at best. I seriously get better shakes at my local baskin robbin. Atmosphere is also a bit blah. The car theme gets old quick and the stuff on screen is just unwatchable.

But if 50's style drive in is what you want, then I guess Sci Fi sort of delivers.

We enjoyed it, being the science fiction nuts that we are. The kids were quiet, the fried pickles were good, the milkshakes were great (though not spectacular, above average deliciousness), the burgers were pretty decent (again, above average but not spectacular), the spinach artichoke dip was just okay.

That being said, DH thought it was too expensive so we won't be going again. There are so many other dining experiences at Disney World that were awesome that we'd rather spend our $$ elsewhere. From now on we'll just be grabbing a quick CS in DHS when we're there, then going to have a more memorable meal over at Kouzzina or another eatery in the DHS/Epcot area later in the day. (I've heard great things about a lobster burger over at the Swolphin?)

If you want a good burger and/or are in DHS that day and want a sit down that's not signature, its your best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter