Sanaa Fans: what second dish with butter chicken?

what second dish do you love with the Potjie Inspired entree?

• Spicy Durban Shrimp

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Chickpea Wat

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Paneer Tikka

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Cilantro-Coconut Milk Seasonal Vegetables

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goan Seafood Curry

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Braised Beef

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
So I know a lot of people love Sanaa. The bread service is a must. The butter chicken is a must.

But what second dish do people love in the Potjie inspired? I am only listing the ones I have already narrowed it to. I am not a fan of lentils, nor okra and the tomato spiced eggs do not appeal either.

But I love paneer and chick peas and shrimp and mild curried veggies and beef and oh my! help! I do like things a little hot and will add sriracha to eggs for example.

So I know a lot of people love Sanaa. The bread service is a must. The butter chicken is a must.

But what second dish do people love in the Potjie inspired? I am only listing the ones I have already narrowed it to. I am not a fan of lentils, nor okra and the tomato spiced eggs do not appeal either.

But I love paneer and chick peas and shrimp and mild curried veggies and beef and oh my! help! I do like things a little hot and will add sriracha to eggs for example.

You really make me want to include Sanaa in my plans too! Lol!

If butter chicken is your "must," then paneer tikka is mine! I love it! First visit, I took the waiter's suggestion to heart, dumping my bowl of rice into the middle of the long plate, then the two sauced dishes, one on each side. All that lovely, flavorful tikka sauce running into the rice - YUM! and the texture of the paneer was very enjoyable. I also did the lentils - but I've never met a lentil I didn't like, either, so they were really good. Actually, come to think of it, I've never had anything there I didn't like. But the paneer tikka is a must, every visit!

If butter chicken is your "must," then paneer tikka is mine! I love it! First visit, I took the waiter's suggestion to heart, dumping my bowl of rice into the middle of the long plate, then the two sauced dishes, one on each side. All that lovely, flavorful tikka sauce running into the rice - YUM! and the texture of the paneer was very enjoyable. I also did the lentils - but I've never met a lentil I didn't like, either, so they were really good. Actually, come to think of it, I've never had anything there I didn't like. But the paneer tikka is a must, every visit!
I LOVE Paneer (I love all Indian food but I love paneer especially, it is so different than anything in any other cuisine) so this is what I'd be drawn to. In fact, I just decided I am going to make Chicken Tikka Masala at home this week. I don't know if butter chicken is MY must but it sure seems to be THE must. I would be eating it all mushed together and probably will save some naan from the bread service too, lol. my happy place is an indian buffet and I live in an area with NO INDIAN FOOD!

my happy place is an indian buffet and I live in an area with NO INDIAN FOOD!

Very close to the same situation for me! And it's funny, but I've never tried the butter chicken. I could be totally wrong (wouldn't be the first time!), but it sounds too Americanized to me. I'd rather choose the items that I know I have very little or no chance of getting anything remotely similar at home! And with so many choices that sound appealing to me, I never really consider the chicken.

I've had them all and like them all. But my fave is butter chicken. They used to have a spicy durban lamb which I was obsessed with. I hope it makes a comeback one day. Honestly, my first few times I just told the waiter what my go to flavors were and followed her recommendations. You really can't go wrong at Sanaa.

I've had them all and like them all. But my fave is butter chicken. They used to have a spicy durban lamb which I was obsessed with. I hope it makes a comeback one day. Honestly, my first few times I just told the waiter what my go to flavors were and followed her recommendations. You really can't go wrong at Sanaa.
I am kind of excited about finding a way to shoehorn this into my trip. The food looks good, but it was never really on my list because meh indian food really disappoints me... but the reviews are really good here. I don't care if the butter chicken is americanized... all indian food we eat here is really indian-british food anyway. chicken tikka masala is my favorite and butter chicken is pretty similar so I'd get that. It looks like the paneer tikka is in second place in my poll and i do LOVE paneer. Of course I have like 6 months to decide but I need to know RIGHT NOW. assuming regardless bread service and butter chicken will stay on the menu :)

Just to completely throw you off.....We ate at Sanaa the other day. I got an entree called lamb sasotie. It was honestly one of the BEST things I have ever eaten! Grilled chunks of extremely tender lamb on top of barely wilted greens with grilled onions, grilled dried apricots, butternut squash, bacon, goat cheese and chopped cashews. I was a little apprehensive to try it because it seemed like it would maybe be a little too busy but it just worked! I cant recommend it enough!

Do they ever offer sauces that are NOT listed on the main menus? One time we went they had chicken vindaloo - omg it was soooooooo good. But it wasn't listed as one of the choices, I don't think. The server just told us it was available. Has that happened to anybody else? Another option being offered just that day - for the sauces?

Just to completely throw you off.....We ate at Sanaa the other day. I got an entree called lamb sasotie. It was honestly one of the BEST things I have ever eaten! Grilled chunks of extremely tender lamb on top of barely wilted greens with grilled onions, grilled dried apricots, butternut squash, bacon, goat cheese and chopped cashews. I was a little apprehensive to try it because it seemed like it would maybe be a little too busy but it just worked! I cant recommend it enough!
noooooooooo

that does sound good, I love all of those things so much, lol. Would never think of putting them together but yum. I will have to see what I feel like having day of. I am also kind of half tempted to order the kid's portion of the butter chicken and an additional appetizer. I am planning to get the bread service and might end up taking some home for a snack in the morning, I don't think the kid and I could (er I mean SHOULD) eat 5 pieces of bread between us!

ok confession time....

wanting to go to Sanaa has driven my resort choice for that night. We are flying in that day and won't land until 5:10pm. I have a 6:45 ADR for Sanaa... I know about all of the things that can go wrong but it is just the kid and me, if I lose $20 for missing the ADR it is worth the risk. I am going to hope for the best and hope we can have a nice dinner and if we show up later hope we can get a walk up at that time.

I added a day to the beginning of my stay for travel and I was holding a reservation at both Kidani and BLT for just the one night before kicking off the main part of our vacation. I gave up fireworks from the top of the world lounge for Sanaa. Sick! Well I also decided that since we are going to AK the next morning that some quiet downtime in the room after a day of travel was better than having to keep the kid awake for fireworks if he is exhausted.

Hands down chickpeas for me. The shrimp is good too, as is the paneer but I'd pick a double dose of chickpeas over any of the others!!!!

I CRAVE the Spicy Durban Shrimp. But, like 3 others on there are calling to Me, too.. Love Sanaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter