Sanaa Fans: what second dish with butter chicken?

what second dish do you love with the Potjie Inspired entree?

• Spicy Durban Shrimp

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Chickpea Wat

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Paneer Tikka

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Cilantro-Coconut Milk Seasonal Vegetables

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goan Seafood Curry

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Braised Beef

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
ok confession time....

wanting to go to Sanaa has driven my resort choice for that night. We are flying in that day and won't land until 5:10pm. I have a 6:45 ADR for Sanaa... I know about all of the things that can go wrong but it is just the kid and me, if I lose $20 for missing the ADR it is worth the risk. I am going to hope for the best and hope we can have a nice dinner and if we show up later hope we can get a walk up at that time.

I added a day to the beginning of my stay for travel and I was holding a reservation at both Kidani and BLT for just the one night before kicking off the main part of our vacation. I gave up fireworks from the top of the world lounge for Sanaa. Sick! Well I also decided that since we are going to AK the next morning that some quiet downtime in the room after a day of travel was better than having to keep the kid awake for fireworks if he is exhausted.

I would have made the same decision in your place! Late night after travel day = bad idea, at least for my family!

Hands down chickpeas for me. The shrimp is good too, as is the paneer but I'd pick a double dose of chickpeas over any of the others!!!!

oh no. I have a weakness for chick peas. Now I am more confused than ever!

I CRAVE the Spicy Durban Shrimp. But, like 3 others on there are calling to Me, too.. Love Sanaa.

how spicy is spicy? I do like to put sriracha on my eggs (cooked). About like that? lol

I would have made the same decision in your place! Late night after travel day = bad idea, at least for my family!
it was a tough decision but I think the rest of the trip will be better by getting a good night's sleep and early start rather than trying to squeeze in one more fireworks.

I had the butter chicken and braised beef. It was delicious!! The beef wasn't actually on the menu at the time but I asked about it since I had heard so much on here and the waiter went back and asked and they made it for me!

Heard so much about Sanaa that I'm going to try this November.
I gather bread service is a must and butter chicken is also good?
What would you recommend to someone who only had Indian food once in her life and that was over 25 years ago?

Heard so much about Sanaa that I'm going to try this November.
I gather bread service is a must and butter chicken is also good?
What would you recommend to someone who only had Indian food once in her life and that was over 25 years ago?
well the first time I ever had indian food I had butter chicken. It is a nice mild, creamy, rich and flavorful dish and a great introduction to indian food. No doubt that is why it is so popular here. It is similar to chicken tikka masala but a little more mild and creamy... tomato and cream and butter based sauce, how can you go wrong? lol . It looks like the paneer tikka (similar kind of tomato cream sauce but a bit less rich) is also a winner among indian beginners.

and yes it is also very very hard to go wrong with the bread service, although you may want to skip some of the more exotic ones and double up on the naan unless you feel like being adventurous. If you are worried about stuff being too exotic i think the paneer paratha is probably the "weirdest" followed by the onion kucha... but I want to try those so will probably swap out the spiced naan for another plain so my kiddo has plenty to eat. Of the sauces, I think the hummus is the most safe. Not sure about the rest of them, I want to try them all but tamarind is one of my favorite indian flavors so I'd add that to my list of 3 if I were only getting 3... maybe mango chutney. If you are adventurous and you like spicy food get them all, it's a great time to try stuff! cilantro chutney along with tamarind chutney and pickled onions (not on the list) are the 3 things served to the table in most regular indian restuarants that I have been to.

I have not been there, this is just generally based on my knowledge of indian food and other reviews I've read though.

I love spicy food. I think I ate Indian curry when I had it over 25 years ago. I remember it was different than Japanese curry and quite spicy and liked it. Remembered being greenish color? I read one of the food site they had shrimp/green curry? Do you know what kind of curry would that be? Would they have that at Sanaa?

I will be definately ordering all 9 dips for the bread and share one main course with my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter