Sake's Alive! AKL Lite V!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so anyone familiar with jet lag? How long does it take to get over it? I feel like I need a nap all the time....:confused3

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I know how you feel , we get 6 or 7 hours jet lag when we come to US mainland , 12 hours :scared1: jet lag when we visit Hawaii !!!

Do NOT take any nap !! Try to adjust at once to the "new" time/hour of the place ; drink LOTS of juice / water and try to sleep at the "right" time of the place.
DGH and I found out that we sleep better when we take one pill of Melatonin (it's somehing your body "produces" when it's time for you to go to bed ) just before hitting the bed for the night . WE bought it at Walgreens ... it is natural and IT HELPS A LOT !!
It will take about 3 or 4 days to get over it !!!

Good luck !!
:confused3 Where have you been ??

laura :hug:

PS My good friend from UK this August told me another way : drink at least 3 HUGE cocktails before hitting the bed !!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I know how you feel , we get 6 or 7 hours jet lag when we come to US mainland , 12 hours :scared1: jet lag when we visit Hawaii !!!

Do NOT take any nap !! Try to adjust at once to the "new" time/hour of the place ; drink LOTS of juice / water and try to sleep at the "right" time of the place.
DGH and I found out that we sleep better when we take one pill of Melatonin (it's somehing your body "produces" when it's time for you to go to bed ) just before hitting the bed for the night . WE bought it at Walgreens ... it is natural and IT HELPS A LOT !!
It will take about 3 or 4 days to get over it !!!

Good luck !!
:confused3 Where have you been ??

laura :hug:

PS My good friend from UK this August told me another way : drink at least 3 HUGE cocktails before hitting the bed !!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for all the tips. :hug: We were in Amsterdam and St. Petersburg and all in between.

I took some benadryl but I might have to try the cocktails. :yay:

Congrats Wendy!

Welcome back Brandi!

Happy birthday/anniversary Kim!

Good luck to Tori/GG DGS!

Happy Saturday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

I wanted to let you all know that I have kicked Mr Boot to the curb....

but now I have to have surgery.:sad1:

Morning Jamborini's and Kidanites!!!!

Happy Anniversary Kim - hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sweetie!!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO
When do you have to have surgery? Will it affect the trip?

I am trying to put it off until December.... I have to be out of work for 6 weeks after the surgery.

I am trying to put it off until December.... I have to be out of work for 6 weeks after the surgery.

WOW - that stinks!!! I hope it doesn't give you too many problems - I'm guessing mr. boot will be back for the trip!! :(

:sad1: sorry to hear Brandi that you have to have surgery. I was all happy you kicked Mr Boot to the curb, until I read the rest of it. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sorry, I have not been on much. Been so busy with family and I am so ready for AKL;) It just dawned on me 9 more days:banana:. I will post pics and a mini trip report.

:banana::thumbsup2:banana:

Oh no! I was so happy to read about the boot and now this. Hopefully you will heal quicker than what they are saying. :hug:

The Dr. has to remove part of the bone and place two screws in, he said no weight at all for 3 weeks and limited weight for 2 more and then I can put shoes on the last week. but he said he sees me out for 6 weeks, because we ride the train and subway and it is lots of walking.... but I am hoping that my job will be ok with me being out in December to January, it is our slowest time of the year.

WOW - that stinks!!! I hope it doesn't give you too many problems - I'm guessing mr. boot will be back for the trip!! :(
No, hopefully not, the Dr. says if I wear tennis shoes and tape my toe, I don't have to have the boot.

Oh no !!!
I hope you'll be fine before the 6 weeks !!! :hug: Sending lots of PD !!! :tinker:
and special hugs from Italy !!! laura :love:

Those Italian hugs are the best.... Thanks Laura:hug:
:sad1: sorry to hear Brandi that you have to have surgery. I was all happy you kicked Mr Boot to the curb, until I read the rest of it. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sorry, I have not been on much. Been so busy with family and I am so ready for AKL;) It just dawned on me 9 more days:banana:. I will post pics and a mini trip report.

9 days that is wonderful!

Let's do the single-digit dance!
:woohoo::banana: :dancer:party::dancer::banana::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter