Sailing with the Gang...DCL magic, Feb. 2016

It’s hard to remember who all went, but if I remember right, I think Cass went somewhere else.

I thought you were just going for a :smokin:

I went and explored all of the clubs, empty areas and did a spa tour :thumbsup2

I rolled my beautiful bag to my room and I believe Cass was already in there and Brook was not too far behind me

I was there as soon as they opened the rooms! I took some quick pics, knowing that you both would want room pics too, better to get pics without peeps in them so I hurried and then Brook arrived just as I was leaving.:-)

You can see my beautiful luggage in the next shot.

You got a lot of comments on those bags the entire trip :goodvibes

I was little worried about getting in each other’s way with a small room but we seemed to flow together fairly well

Same here! I was thinking that sometimes I don't have space with my own family so I was worried too but it worked out great ::yes::

I loved our room location. Cass had actually told me which room to pick, knowing that she may be rooming with us when I booked the original reservation.

Hahaha, I am a little controlling when it comes to room location :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Brook was on her phone because she was behind us. I was on mine a bit, but then got in trouble. LOL.

You both got in trouble :rotfl2: That blonde CM was yelling at everyone :lmao: And yeah, I'm pretty sure I am the shortest and yet they put you both in front of me :rolleyes2 And the whole time, this teenager, who was supposed to be in the line next to me was pushed up against me :scared: Man, that was the longest and worst life boat drill ever :crazy2:

We knew that meant the sail away party was at least half way through or more. And then we started moving.

I was wondering where you were! After I got back home, I watched the sail away video and saw that you were just a little further down from us when we passed the Fishlips camera :p

Cass went off and shopped a bit and Brook and I browsed around some more. So I chatted away about both purses and how much I loved them. Brook asked me which one I was going to get….my answer…BOTH!

That was so funny! You showed me the one that you had wanted so I was like okay, gonna go check out what is for sale, I grab a few things and then come back and BAM, you have two purses :lmao: You go girl!!! :woohoo:

Cass and I found seats and really enjoyed it. This one is really magical to me.

I always love the shows...well maybe not Villains Tonight :rolleyes:

We were to be in Cariocas tonight. This is my least favorite restaurant on the Magic. The food is ok, but I only like a few of the choices really. I was glad it was our first night and I had better places to look forward to after this.

So funny because Parrot Cay was always my least fave and then seeing the menu online for Carioca's I was like...meh! Turned out to be my favourite meal of the whole cruise :P

I think it was banana bread and she was devouring it. It was good, but I was almost afraid to touch any because she might bite my hand off. LOL!!

HAHA!! That bread was sooooo good! Oh my! :love: I wouldn't have bitten you, we did have three things of bread for our table after all :rolleyes2

I only needed one bowl for myself :laughing:

I got the Empanda for an appetizer

That was sooooo good!!!

Cass obviously got some sort of steak, which looks darn good to me.

I am predictable, I always get the beef dish! It was soooo delicious!!! ::yes::

I also got some skewers but I only asked for the kind with the meats I like.

I did that too, with one more meat than you and I thought they were fabulous!! Man, I ate like a pig that night :rotfl:

After dinner, many of the girls were going to Fathoms to play a game. Cass was not interested and I went up top for a bit.

I was totally interested but sadly since they now closed the pool/hot tubs at 11pm instead of midnight, I couldn't do both the show and swim so I had to choose and well, pool/hot tub will always win out :laughing:

But I felt the music lift me tonight and I went out and boogied my rear off with Kelly and Charlotte…

Oh man, I am sad I missed that :sad:

Cass had to get a picture of me all tucked in the bed.

Oh my dog! That was soooo funny! Kudos to you, I didn't think you would do it :worship: I had visions of you sneaking into bed with me that night :rotfl2:

That was a funny moment, one I will never forget :laughing:

Cass handed me some post it notes and I cleverly applied them around the switch so it would block out the glow.

Those post-it-notes came in handy twice that day...so glad I packed them :cool1:

Great update! I felt the excitement of the sail away and the fun of the evening. Dinner looked more delicious than my one time in Carioca's. That is my least favorite restaurant of all the ships. Too cool you were able to get both Dooney's, glad you love them!

Nice update! I love all the sailaway pics, it is pretty with the sun shining over the water.

It is neat to see those few pics from the show, I assume that was the curtain call at the end, that works out because you probably got most of the cast in that one pic, beautiful costumes!

So I attempt to climb the ladder. This ladder is made for someone with strong feet. Teeny Tiny rails to climb up and I could not put pressure on with my bare feet without major pain. It didn’t help that I had a huge blister the size of the Empire State Building (and I should know, I visited it in Nov.) on the ball of my left foot. How the heck am I going to get up there?

I decided I would put my shoes on and climb….mind you we were both laughing about the whole ordeal, which didn’t make things any easier……The shoes worked. I got up and was perfectly fine. But my shoes stink. Yes, I have sweaty feet and had been wearing them off and on for about 5 or 6 days now, and I was not about to keep those babies up in the bed with me. So I tossed them down and to the side.

I have to say I did that too, with the shoes, when I have had to sleep up in that bunk. Those ladders do hurt your feet! And I have spent my share of time in that bunk, LOL- Of course I always ended up there when I cruised with my parents and then I have been on 2 cruises with my 2 girlfriends, those 2 we took turns sleeping up there.

What a shame that time got away from you at sail away. I absolutely adore your photos. Do you know that Royal Caribbean ship was in a couple of your photos? I wonder if this was the Anthem of the Seas.

Congratulations on your two Dooney and Bourke purses. I love both of those patterns, too.

I am kind of torn about Carioca's. In terms of the decor, I absolutely love the restaurant, but I agree with you about the menu. I was less than inspired by this.

You are braver than I am. I don't think I could cope with the top bunk between having really sensitive feet and being scared of heights.

Corinna

Too bad Claire did not get that text right away and get to watch you sail away.

I really liked the top bunk when I used it. Nice and cozy. I had a harder time climbing out than in though.

I thought you were just going for a :smokin:

I went and explored all of the clubs, empty areas and did a spa tour :thumbsup2

That's where I was headed but I think it was Deb that detoured into the Cove. And I followed. But then they were fueling the ship......for hours and at first had that section closed off but after a while people started going in there anyways.
I do remember you saying you did the spa tour. Did you ever look into BBB? I tried once a few days later but the door was closed so I never got in to check it out.

I was there as soon as they opened the rooms! I took some quick pics, knowing that you both would want room pics too, better to get pics without peeps in them so I hurried and then Brook arrived just as I was leaving.:-)

I don't think I was too far behind you.

You got a lot of comments on those bags the entire trip :goodvibes

I must say they are beautiful bags! hahaha. But at Sports later in the trip, the bell guy knew my luggage. He didn't even need to see my little claim ticket.

Same here! I was thinking that sometimes I don't have space with my own family so I was worried too but it worked out great ::yes::

I think it worked even better than when with family. Probably because we each had our area and with family we spread out...and then forget where we put what.

ahaha, I am a little controlling when it comes to room location :rolleyes1 :laughing:

That's perfectly fine. That was the exact location I go for for my family too. I have a similar location, just up a few decks and port side booked for the Fantasy in Oct. But I still can't officially say we are going because some members are still having issues with dates, etc. So we might have to move it.

You both got in trouble :rotfl2: That blonde CM was yelling at everyone :lmao: And yeah, I'm pretty sure I am the shortest and yet they put you both in front of me :rolleyes2 And the whole time, this teenager, who was supposed to be in the line next to me was pushed up against me :scared: Man, that was the longest and worst life boat drill ever :crazy2:

I was thinking Brook did eventually get in trouble too...and I think she even made a comment like "I just need to finish this email" or something like that...and I remember thinking she of all people should know the CM's could care less during the drill. hahaha.
We were VERY cozy during that drill. I think they would've liked us to sit on each others laps if possible.

I was wondering where you were! After I got back home, I watched the sail away video and saw that you were just a little further down from us when we passed the Fishlips camera :p

I need to go and watch that video still.

That was so funny! You showed me the one that you had wanted so I was like okay, gonna go check out what is for sale, I grab a few things and then come back and BAM, you have two purses :lmao: You go girl!!! :woohoo:

I just love my purses. I can dress like a bum, but my purse is still beautiful.

I always love the shows...well maybe not Villains Tonight :rolleyes:

Villians is one of Claire's favorites and I just don't get it. I really love Golden Mickeys...but all are pretty good. But I have no need to see Villians again. I have seen it 3 times now ....and that is more than anyone ever needs to see that one.

So funny because Parrot Cay was always my least fave and then seeing the menu online for Carioca's I was like...meh! Turned out to be my favourite meal of the whole cruise :P

Glad you liked it. Your food did look really good. I do try to try new things on the cruise since it's free, but some things are hit or miss. Were your skewers better? I can't remember. I was just disappointed that mine were so dry.

HAHA!! That bread was sooooo good! Oh my! :love: I wouldn't have bitten you, we did have three things of bread for our table after all :rolleyes2

I only needed one bowl for myself :laughing:

I think Amp tried to remove the one basket and you about broke her arm to keep her from taking it...hahahaha...Ok that might be an exaggeration but you did not want her to take it!

That was sooooo good!!!

I love those empanadas. I wonder if I could ask for like 10 of them?

I am predictable, I always get the beef dish! It was soooo delicious!!! ::yes::

I do like the beef dishes too, but I do try to try out different things. My fish was good but I think your beef was probably way better.

I did that too, with one more meat than you and I thought they were fabulous!! Man, I ate like a pig that night :rotfl:

So your beef wasn't dry at all? Maybe they just were punishing me for not getting the sausages. hahaha.

I was totally interested but sadly since they now closed the pool/hot tubs at 11pm instead of midnight, I couldn't do both the show and swim so I had to choose and well, pool/hot tub will always win out :laughing:

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. And if I remember right, the hot tub wasn't very hot that night either.

Oh man, I am sad I missed that :sad:

You would be amazed at my wonderful dance moves!!!

Oh my dog! That was soooo funny! Kudos to you, I didn't think you would do it :worship: I had visions of you sneaking into bed with me that night :rotfl2:

That was a funny moment, one I will never forget :laughing:

Well I was committed to doing it. I really wasn't so worried about the bed itself, but more about the climb. Especially after I tried in barefeet and couldn't do it. And then my worries were about getting back down. It wasn't a pretty graceful site either.

Those post-it-notes came in handy twice that day...so glad I packed them :cool1:

Me too! I couldn't remember who did pack them, but they were wonderful and helped a lot.

Great update! I felt the excitement of the sail away and the fun of the evening. Dinner looked more delicious than my one time in Carioca's. That is my least favorite restaurant of all the ships. Too cool you were able to get both Dooney's, glad you love them!

I think they keep changing items on the menu because it seems to be most peoples least favorite. I think I will just go with my tried and true offerings here from now on.
I love the Dooney's. I am using the white porthole one now and the other will be my travel purse.

Nice update! I love all the sailaway pics, it is pretty with the sun shining over the water.

It is neat to see those few pics from the show, I assume that was the curtain call at the end, that works out because you probably got most of the cast in that one pic, beautiful costumes!

I always seem to get great sun pictures during sail away.
Yes that was the very end. I didn't dare try during the show. I saw someone else take out a camera at one show and the CM was right there to tell them to put it away.

I have to say I did that too, with the shoes, when I have had to sleep up in that bunk. Those ladders do hurt your feet! And I have spent my share of time in that bunk, LOL- Of course I always ended up there when I cruised with my parents and then I have been on 2 cruises with my 2 girlfriends, those 2 we took turns sleeping up there.

hahaha. Yeah the shoes just make it easier to climb. I have to say this was my first cruise bunk. Not where I want to be normally but it wasn't bad. Brook and I ended up switching off and on each night.

What a shame that time got away from you at sail away. I absolutely adore your photos. Do you know that Royal Caribbean ship was in a couple of your photos? I wonder if this was the Anthem of the Seas.

I don't. Cass probably remembers but I don't even know if I ever looked at it closely to see.

Congratulations on your two Dooney and Bourke purses. I love both of those patterns, too.

They are so wonderful. I know you are a Dooney lover too!!!

am kind of torn about Carioca's. In terms of the decor, I absolutely love the restaurant, but I agree with you about the menu. I was less than inspired by this.

Yes the decor is great. The menu has some great items and some not so great items. I think they are still tweaking it.

You are braver than I am. I don't think I could cope with the top bunk between having really sensitive feet and being scared of heights.

hahaha. Brook and I switched on and off each night and i really didn't mind staying up there...and then after she gets up there she tells me she is afraid of heights. I told her I was go up and she said no...so I told her I would stay up there the rest of the cruise then, but the last night she was up there again when I got back to the room.

Too bad Claire did not get that text right away and get to watch you sail away.

I really liked the top bunk when I used it. Nice and cozy. I had a harder time climbing out than in though.

You know, she acted like she didn't care when I asked her about it. lol.
Yes climbing out wasn't so easy either. There was no grace when I came down.

Cant wait to read more. I always enjoy your trip reports! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for joining in. I am going a little slowly, but I hope to get a chance to update tomorrow.

Saturday, Feb. 8, 2016

Our first full day on the ship!

Cass woke up at the crack of dawn as she wanted to take pictures of the sun coming up. I wasn’t too far behind her actually. I heard her get up and creep out and after I got brave enough to tackle the ladder down from the top bunk without having to jump and wake up Brook, I followed and got dressed quickly and went out as well. It wasn’t going to be one of those cruises where you got great sun rise shots as it was cloudy every morning.

The Crew was busy cleaning up the ship.

bah3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bah4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

bah5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At least it felt a bit warmer today.

bah1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sun was trying to make its appearance.

A crew member hard at work.

nas90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The new Edge, which I never got to see inside. Typically on the first day is when I would go and look at the new stuff, but I did not this time. This and the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique were 2 things I wanted to look at and I failed and never did.

nas92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I always am trying for the perfect lighthouse shot.

nas93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went to find some food and who should I find there a well…..Cass! So we ate together and chatted.

nas1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

1bah1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then back down to the room to get ready for the day. This was Michelle’s room and we loved her magnets.

nas94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went back up and watched the finishing touches on docking. It was neat to watch the crew.

nas95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A zoom in back at the lighthouse.

nas101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

1bah2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They are ready for us!

nas107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time to get a drink before I have to get off the ship and take a few more ship pictures.

nas110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nas112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Up next…Walking around the ship before my Atlantis Adventure with friends

Your photos are making me itch for a Disney Cruise! My Friends and I keep talking about it but never pull the trigger. Sorry your cabobs were dry, but at least you didn't have to pay for them, always the nice thing about cruises. Also great you got your least favorite restaurant out of the way on the first night! Glad you made it into the top bunk safely! And managed to make it down the next day!

I have to commit on the MC, Matt. In the past 2 Magic cruises we have had Andy. We LOVE Andy. I think Skip has a man crush on Andy. I had heard Andy left and went to the Wonder last summer…not sure if he is still there or not….so I was sad not to have my buddy Andy with us this cruise. Matt was the MC this time. (I really have no clue what the title is but he takes care of a lot of the games and adult activities). Matt was pretty darn nice on the eyes and he was great fun. I approved!

We loved loved loved Matt!! The 6 year old loves to dance so she kept practicing the dance he taught everyone at the sail away party and then in Tortola we were in front of him in the taxi on the way back to the ship from the beach and she did the dance for him and also decided she had a huge crush on him...cuz duh, dude's a cutie! On the last night they had a short dance party after the family talent show in D Lounge and he danced with just her for 3 songs....she was floating!

Do you know that Royal Caribbean ship was in a couple of your photos? I wonder if this was the Anthem of the Seas.

It was the Freedom of the Seas :thumbsup2

Did you ever look into BBB?

That was the one place I didn't go in :(

Were your skewers better?

So your beef wasn't dry at all?

I had one extra meat than you I think and while one was a tiny bit dry, the other was delicious! I just remember eating the skewers thinking to myself...self...you really should stop eating :rotfl2:

And if I remember right, the hot tub wasn't very hot that night either.

Good memory! It was the warm tub! BUT the pool was warm and fabulous!!! :love:

25435521652_a9676bbbdc_z.jpg

Neat photo! You can see the D and the W...I am assuming that was meant for Dream/Wonder...I wonder??? :scratchin :rotfl:

The sunrise photo does look pretty. I had forgotten that they had relocated Edge. Any idea what the space that it used to be in is used for now? Nassau looks so quaint in the photos.

Corinna

Great update! I felt a little homesick since we have not been to Nassau in a long time. LOVE the lighthouse picture - that is what I am always aiming for - the perfect lighthouse pic.

It was the Freedom of the Seas :thumbsup2

Glad you were paying attention.

That was the one place I didn't go in :(

Dang. i wonder if anyone else checked it out.

I had one extra meat than you I think and while one was a tiny bit dry, the other was delicious! I just remember eating the skewers thinking to myself...self...you really should stop eating

They must've just decided I needed dry meat that night.
Good memory! It was the warm tub! BUT the pool was warm and fabulous!!! :love:

I know it was pretty darn hot the day i went in so someone must've told them to amp it up.

25435521652_a9676bbbdc_z.jpg

Neat photo! You can see the D and the W...I am assuming that was meant for Dream/Wonder...I wonder??? :scratchin :rotfl:

Oh I best so. I Knew it had to be for Disney, but didn't really catch the W part.

Thanks. I was wondering if it was the Anthem of the Seas as she does come down that way occasionally.

Corinna

That ship looks great too. Someday when i am rich. hhaha

The sunrise photo does look pretty. I had forgotten that they had relocated Edge. Any idea what the space that it used to be in is used for now? Nassau looks so quaint in the photos.

Corinna

I believe it is the concierge lounge now.

Great update! I felt a little homesick since we have not been to Nassau in a long time. LOVE the lighthouse picture - that is what I am always aiming for - the perfect lighthouse pic.

Homesick for Nassau? LOL. I understand. Not the greatest port but it kind of becomes like a 2nd home because we go there quite a bit.

Homesick for Nassau? LOL. I understand. Not the greatest port but it kind of becomes like a 2nd home because we go there quite a bit.

Well, not so much missing Nassau the town, but they do have some great rum and rumcakes there. :rotfl2:

Great pictures of the ship, I could look at those over and over! Takes me right back :cloud9: you're making me think when I can get back on the Magic. I loved the new slide they made. Not that Auadunk though, that was terrifying!

Well, not so much missing Nassau the town, but they do have some great rum and rumcakes there. :rotfl2:

hahaha!

Great pictures of the ship, I could look at those over and over! Takes me right back :cloud9: you're making me think when I can get back on the Magic. I loved the new slide they made. Not that Auadunk though, that was terrifying!

Me no like the Aquadunk either! I think some of the girls did it at one time, but I can't swear to it. I stayed clear of that thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter