• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running costumes

IMG_0932.JPG
This was my buddy the elf costume for yesterday. I took a standard costume ripped the velcro out of the back and sewed it closed with elastic so that I could more easily slip it off and on without having to deal with being rubbed by elastic. I also split the fur collar in the front and then sewed the fur down so it didn't flop. The buddy hat was a nasty foam typ material so I pinned it to a headsweats visor. My buddy's wife made the santa costume with the stickable vinyl. It didn't hold up to the sweat so they'd probably use heat transfer vinyl in the future.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. I have searched everywhere and I haven't been able to find pics of anyone else that has done it before.

I'm trying to decide if I need to do a white frilly underskirt too. :-)
I did Vintage Minnie for the half in 2013. I used tulle under my skirt... it was the first and last time I did. It annoyed me and I was messing with non stop. For my hat, I used a cheap disposable tupperware type bowl that I spray painted, cut a hole on the top to add the flower through (on a pipe cleaner so it stood up) made two slits on the sides to slide painted card board circles in as the ears and put it on a black elastic headband. Stayed fine the entire race. I will find a pic to post..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 33
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long...:o I love dressing up to run. I will add some of my pics this afternoon from past races. I'm still working on my shirt for wine and dine. :crazy2:

I did Vintage Minnie for the half in 2013. I used tulle under my skirt... it was the first and last time I did. It annoyed me and I was messing with non stop. For my hat, I used a cheap disposable tupperware type bowl that I spray painted, cut a hole on the top to add the flower through (on a pipe cleaner so it stood up) made two slits on the sides to slide painted card board circles in as the ears and put it on a black elastic headband. Stayed fine the entire race. I will find a pic to post..

Looks great! Thanks for the feedback on the tulle. I'm thinking of going without.

I thought I had posted an updated pic here, but I must have just put it in the Princess weekend thread. Here's my Minnie so far.

Love the 'Buddy the Elf' and both vintage Minnie costumes! I agree about using tulle though. I've never personally run in it, but I can imagine it being super annoying (unless it's in tutu form and completely away from your skin).

I live the buddy the elf one! How much fun! Did you smile a lot? Smiling is my favorite!
And Minnie is turning out so cute!

Anyone have any updates on their Avengers' costumes? :)

I have one that's nearing completion enough to almost be identifiable I think. Anyone want to guess what is is?
image.jpeg

Female Ironman? Its beautiful!!!
Close! I'm calling it Iron Elsa- I still haven't made the sleeves or added the snowflake arc reactor. Hopefully those will help telegraph what it is. It seems like I've spent forever planning and training and now I have 10 days to get three costumes done! :eek:

Wig and everything! You are ... wait for it ... BRAVE!

I'm sorry, I do apologize for the cheesy joke ... it's been a long day. But seriously, I don't even like running in my hat; I can't imagine a wig. Your costumes are great! I just keep looking for something to buy. I don't have a creative bone in my body. LOL

Olaf from W&D '14 (aka the last dry pic of the evening) and my small fries as Buzz and Jessie for kids races that same weekend
IMG_3468.JPG
IMG_3528.JPG

Ok I'm struggling a bit. I'm signed up for the full in Jan and was thinking about dressing like Sorcerer Mickey, but I'm leery about the sleeves. I have an idea that involves a short, swing skirt, gold rope belt, etc. but I'm not sure weather-wise what to do for sleeve length/style. Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts?
Like above said do a tank and arm sleeves. I'm running the full with arm sleeves for my 'costume', I figure if I get hot I can remove them. Arm sleeves and a tank seem to be less hot than a long sleeve shirt in my opinion.

Close! I'm calling it Iron Elsa- I still haven't made the sleeves or added the snowflake arc reactor. Hopefully those will help telegraph what it is. It seems like I've spent forever planning and training and now I have 10 days to get three costumes done! :eek:

I am not a Marvel/Avengers fan *at all*, but I did pick the Elsa :thumbsup2 Nice work!

I felt like I needed to swing by and finally just say "these are awesome" after quite a bit of lurking in this thread. :) A lot of talent and creativity here, and it's so cool to look through.

I've been tossing around ideas for the Star Wars Dark Side 1/2 Marathon in April at WDW. But I'm wondering where do some of you who are sewing/creating these things find your fabric options? I checked out my local JoAnns to see what sort of performance fabric we had, but options/colors are limited. Any suggestions would be helpful. :) Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter