Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I think the phone calls were a good idea but only if they provide accurate info. Providing dates that don't pan out are not accomplishing any good will. Heck if it was all about good will a phone call to say they sympathize and are sorry that they don't know when it will open or when further info would be available would do much more than saying an update will come on Saturday knowing one won't. Or saying one will come next week, knowing it likely won't. Honestly is better at accomplishing good will than saying what the person on the other end of the phone wants to hear
Well, maybe I'm just a Pollyanna, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they really did believe (at least the guy who called me on Thursday) there would be news today...but, like I said...maybe I'm just gullible....

I am really sorry everyone. I feel like I raised your hopes and then they got dashed. But the guy who call me, searched my name and reservation information and call me on a totally different number then I had given in my message. He's the one that told us to April 2 date. I feel like I let everyone down and I'm really sorry
Heavens no, no one blames you one bit. I'm sure of that.

I am really sorry everyone. I feel like I raised your hopes and then they got dashed. But the guy who call me, searched my name and reservation information and call me on a totally different number then I had given in my message. He's the one that told us to April 2 date. I feel like I let everyone down and I'm really sorry

No need to apologize!!!
I, for one, appreciate you sharing your info.

I echo what everyone else has said - no worries! We'd all do the same thing in your position, and there were multiple people with similar calls - so what can you do? It's not called Rumors of Light for nothing!

Thanks y'all. I guess I was naive in believing them.
I sure believed them. Had no reason not to. I figure if they are going to the trouble to call people when they don't have to it must be for a good reason. I am not ready to really believe it was just to pacify folks but I also don't have any other logical explanation. As I've said, it's just odd

You should be sorry!

Kidding!

Don't worry about it. We appreciate you sharing any info you receive. :)

Thanks y'all. I guess I was naive in believing them.

I sure believed them. Had no reason not to. I figure if they are going to the trouble to call people when they don't have to it must be for a good reason. I am not ready to really believe it was just to pacify folks but I also don't have any other logical explanation. As I've said, it's just odd

We all believed....we had no reason not to. There's obviously something going on behind the scenes with this whole show. This delay with no news is very odd...even for Disney!!

Those are really cute.
My sister has a huge HT/Disney collection. I am far from Pooh sized, but for some reason HT doesn't look good on me. They don't fit right.
I did find some cute ones at JCP that worked, though.
Sharing in case anyone else finds themselves in my situation.
http://www.jcpenney.com/hybrid-shor...et=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0201201617025304M.TIF

http://www.jcpenney.com/mighty-fine...et=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0315201617062602M.TIF

http://www.jcpenney.com/hybrid-shor...ept20023450025&Nao=144&pN=7&_dyncharset=UTF-8

these and others. :)
My mom didn't like the HT ones so I'm gonna share these with her. Thanks!

Well, maybe I'm just a Pollyanna, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they really did believe (at least the guy who called me on Thursday) there would be news today...but, like I said...maybe I'm just gullible....
I am no Pollyanna (!!) but I also like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they thought the info was good when they gave it out... at least I give that benefit to MOST people... ;)

I do think some phone CMs just say something -- anything -- rumor, something they heard 5th hand, etc. to try to pacify people. That's not helpful IMO. That doesn't sound like what was happening in your phone call.

Frustrating... I still appreciate hearing whatever anyone in this thread is hearing from any source. I always take with a MOUNTAIN of salt until official. :)

Last edited:
We will be sporting the family Rumors of Light t-shirts - except DH - he opted for the pin! So anyway, we'll be tough to miss on Earth Day! Thanks, @HopperFan !

Don't forget to post pictures, it will be so fun to see everyone ..... the best part in all this will be all the people looking at you, wondering why rumors instead of rivers ........ why there are random people wearing them. :rotfl2:

The question is will any CMs ask about them?

Don't forget to post pictures, it will be so fun to see everyone ..... the best part in all this will be all the people looking at you, wondering why rumors instead of rivers ........ why there are random people wearing them. :rotfl2: The question is will any CMs ask about them.

Oh I will definitely post pictures! I was wondering about the CM thing too - well, we'll definitely be noticeable in our matching shirts - maybe I will hold a sign that says "Yes, I WILL follow you!" My kids both loved them! DD loves elephants generally speaking anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter