Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Thanks to whoever gave the suggestion of Hot Topic for Disney tanks (well I thank you but my wallet doesn't...lol). Got my 4 tanks in the mail today and I'm ordering 2 to 4 more!View attachment 159814 View attachment 159815 View attachment 159816
Those are really cute.
My sister has a huge HT/Disney collection. I am far from Pooh sized, but for some reason HT doesn't look good on me. They don't fit right.
I did find some cute ones at JCP that worked, though.
Sharing in case anyone else finds themselves in my situation.
http://www.jcpenney.com/hybrid-shor...et=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0201201617025304M.TIF

http://www.jcpenney.com/mighty-fine...et=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0315201617062602M.TIF

http://www.jcpenney.com/hybrid-shor...ept20023450025&Nao=144&pN=7&_dyncharset=UTF-8

these and others. :)

As promised...I gave it until Friday (and even until today), and we're officially off to Universal instead of DAK on 4/28.

Dis wants us to plan EVERYTHING in advance, yet can't give us park hours 2-3 weeks in advance. I'm done. Love WDW, but if we don't take a stand they'll keep giving us this garbage.

Love the upgrades to all the parks, but maybe we should just plan our next family trip for 2020 and beyond.

I completely hear this and agree with you. When we were planning this trip we thought 6 days was too short to fit in Disney and Universal, so we decided to focus just on Disney (we usually take longer trips and do a split stay, Disney hotel then Universal hotel). A couple weeks out, we're locked into our hotel plans, but we'll definitely be using at least one full day to head over to Universal. We're down to one Epcot/HS day--neither park has enough to sustain our interests for longer than that right now. And I love AK, so we won't be cutting it, but I'm not sure we'll get to visit after dark this time around.

I sent an email to George's office a little while ago. Stressed how I was very excited but frustrated and how I was really looking forward to taking my parents to AK since the last time they went to Disney World was over 20 years ago and AK didn't exist yet.

I will, of course, let all my fellow Loungers know if I hear back.

That would be too funny!

Great idea! I think I'll do the same. Now I need to see what the turnaround time is for delivery. Off to read up.
I'll be in and out, but checking the blog now and then. :flower2:

I think I'm doing a t-shirt and buttons for the same reason - one for the bag and some for DH and kids, unless I get DD a shirt... hope I can get a rush order!

I am really sorry everyone. I feel like I raised your hopes and then they got dashed. But the guy who call me, searched my name and reservation information and call me on a totally different number then I had given in my message. He's the one that told us to April 2 date. I feel like I let everyone down and I'm really sorry

I am really sorry everyone. I feel like I raised your hopes and then they got dashed. But the guy who call me, searched my name and reservation information and call me on a totally different number then I had given in my message. He's the one that told us to April 2 date. I feel like I let everyone down and I'm really sorry

I don't think you have anything to be sorry for! It was kind of you to share the info you had--it isn't your fault the info has turned out to be false.

There were also a few people who were told to watch the blog today when they talked to phone CMs.

Oh no!!! YOU didn't let us down...,,DISNEY did!!! We appreciate any and all information! It's frustrating for everyone, including you I'm sure, when they keep changing their minds. If they call again, please share whatever they say!!

I think the part I find most confusing out of all of it, why are they calling? Calling to give wrong information is worse than not calling. Are these underlings calling out of their own incentive or is someone higher up directing them to call? My first instinct is they are calling with the best of intentions but honestly, if they don't have concrete info to give out I think they are doing more harm than good.

I believe if they are giving false information just to appease people it's way worse than not calling at all.

I wish I could figure out the motivation behind their phone calls. Because they sure didn't have to do them. People getting them weren't expecting phone calls.

The whole thing is just odd
I think it's damage control. My overall suspicion it that some executive in an ivory tower made the decision that this was going to open on Earth Day, and everyone in the trenches is scrambling to try to achieve that.

Like I said, I came away with the feeling that they are doing what they can to give out good info, but if there isn't any to be given out, they are doing what they can. (especially after pressing her by asking why it was delayed and she answered that she didn't honestly know, and that she would tell me if she did.

They don't have to call at all...they could just sit back and wait to announce it when they do know something. But those calls are generating goodwill, at least for me.

Was it ever on track to open on time? Maybe, but not likely, from the sounds of things.

Is it still do-able? Who knows....but in my heart I think that the people who are calling are sincere when they apologize and say they will follow-up when they know something.

Am I a gullible, Midwestern, Minnesota-nice kind of person? Maybe. But I truly appreciate the calls.

I definitely don't think anyone here blames you! We know you were trying to help your fellow loungers with what seemed like reliable information, and we appreciate it!

No need to apologize ... you just shared the most recent info you had and considering the source of that info, there was no reason to think it would be wrong.

Well, there are several of us in the same boat...maybe the rest of you can just push us out on the River.... just please don't set fire to our boat!

I definitely don't think anyone here blames you! We know you were trying to help your fellow loungers with what seemed like reliable information, and we appreciate it!

If they blame you, they should blame me also. I got the same phone call with the same information and posted it here too. It's baffling to think of the reason behind those phone calls, if they actually knew there would be no blog post about RoL today.

No reason at all for you to feel bad !!! Disney is lost on this one !!

If they blame you, they should blame me also. I got the same phone call with the same information and posted it here too. It's baffling to think of the reason behind those phone calls, if they actually knew there would be no blog post about RoL today.

No phone call here, but I'm thinking it was probably a pacification tactic. An announcement is probably coming next week and they were getting sick of all the blog comments and decided something needed to be done. Just a guess. I think I'm going to get a button for our trip lol.

I think it's damage control. My overall suspicion it that some executive in an ivory tower made the decision that this was going to open on Earth Day, and everyone in the trenches is scrambling to try to achieve that.

Like I said, I came away with the feeling that they are doing what they can to give out good info, but if there isn't any to be given out, they are doing what they can. (especially after pressing her by asking why it was delayed and she answered that she didn't honestly know, and that she would tell me if she did.

They don't have to call at all...they could just sit back and wait to announce it when they do know something. But those calls are generating goodwill, at least for me.

Was it ever on track to open on time? Maybe, but not likely, from the sounds of things.

Is it still do-able? Who knows....but in my heart I think that the people who are calling are sincere when they apologize and say they will follow-up when they know something.

Am I a gullible, Midwestern, Minnesota-nice kind of person? Maybe. But I truly appreciate the calls.
I think the phone calls were a good idea but only if they provide accurate info. Providing dates that don't pan out are not accomplishing any good will. Heck if it was all about good will a phone call to say they sympathize and are sorry that they don't know when it will open or when further info would be available would do much more than saying an update will come on Saturday knowing one won't. Or saying one will come next week, knowing it likely won't. Honestly is better at accomplishing good will than saying what the person on the other end of the phone wants to hear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter