• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I heard they're holding off opening anything until this thread hits 1000 pages. Better get busy! ;)

The threadiversary is coming up in a couple of weeks - what will come first?

^ :lmao::lmao::lmao:

But if they open a show that is not the show that was promised a year ago,
does it really count against us? I mean we've been doing our part.

If they are being told to put out what they have and they'll fix it later :confused3
do we really have what we all started this thread for?

Aren't we still waiting ............ or are we giving up the hope?

I mean shouldn't we be able to discuss if it's just an abbreviated version?

And we are still waiting for them to "do it right" as the sign says.

So you know there are 1.0 and then they make something better
there is 2.0 but this is not even 1.0 so what does that make this?

I guess maybe this is Rivers of Light Lite .............. ROLL.

Last edited:
I find it astounding that here we are a year later and.. well here we are a year later.
We went in May last year and were so excited.. and then summarily disappointed when ROL didn't materialize. I never would have predicted back then that I would be planning another trip a year later and there would still be no ROL. Wow.

"threadiversary"........ :rotfl::laughing::lmao:

We're going to have lanterns! And Shamans!

I agree, @HopperFan! And I'm sure we will still be talking about it if it's .5 or ROLL! I still have a night for AK planned for my April Sister Trip, whether ROL is there or not - just hoping it's open a little later to enjoy all the other nighttime fun, since I've never been there after dark!

We're going to have lanterns! And Shamans!

I agree, @HopperFan! And I'm sure we will still be talking about it if it's .5 or ROLL! I still have a night for AK planned for my April Sister Trip, whether ROL is there or not - just hoping it's open a little later to enjoy all the other nighttime fun, since I've never been there after dark!

We only did one day at AK this week and had dinner at Epcot so missed the evening, but even without ROL it's beautiful, the Tree Awakening is amazing, the music and dancing ... and Everest is awesome at night. You'll enjoy either way.

We noted the Nemo side appeared to be a hangout at least up top but saw no one allowed in the theater. The Everest side with it's walls was totally absorbed in the scenery, didn't even notice something other than walls are there. Looking back over across the river just looked like an ancient abandoned arena .......

I have been a tad out of touch recently and have just really started to dial into planning for Aug -- ADRs to be made in a week or so. AK is currently listed as closing at 7PM. Last year, this was the case until mid-July when they extended to 11pm.

What is the current thinking on AK hours this coming summer?? I'm assuming closer to what they did last summer?? If I've read correctly, the most current rumor for Pandora is May, so between that and any nighttime stuff sticking around, later than 7pm seems like a safe bet, but trying to guess how much later...?? An extra 4hrs in planning makes quite a difference!!

I have been a tad out of touch recently and have just really started to dial into planning for Aug -- ADRs to be made in a week or so. AK is currently listed as closing at 7PM. Last year, this was the case until mid-July when they extended to 11pm.

What is the current thinking on AK hours this coming summer?? I'm assuming closer to what they did last summer?? If I've read correctly, the most current rumor for Pandora is May, so between that and any nighttime stuff sticking around, later than 7pm seems like a safe bet, but trying to guess how much later...?? An extra 4hrs in planning makes quite a difference!!
Actually it was open until 11 in June, as well. They extended once they announced the nighttime stuff in May last year.

For this June, I made two Sanaa ADRs depending upon if they do go later than 7 and if they don't....but honestly, I seriously doubt they close at 7 in the summer. But yeh, how much later? Your guess is as good as mine.

For anyone looking for Pandora info, my friend just got done riding one of the rides (I know nothing about them, but I was told the one kind of like Soarin'? Is that right?) I assume it was some sort of CM preview, but I'm not sure exactly for who. He said it was pretty good, and it looks like the area will be beautiful. He hasn't seen the movie, but he said he could still appreciate it.

For anyone looking for Pandora info, my friend just got done riding one of the rides (I know nothing about them, but I was told the one kind of like Soarin'? Is that right?) I assume it was some sort of CM preview, but I'm not sure exactly for who. He said it was pretty good, and it looks like the area will be beautiful. He hasn't seen the movie, but he said he could still appreciate it.

That's encouraging. I have no desire to watch the movie but I've been thinking I might have to do it to appreciate the ride. Maybe some day I will be really bored and watch it, but it's nice to know I probably won't need to in order to enjoy the rides.

Was in the MK the other day and saw these two signs.

I busted out laughing .... with thoughts of ROL dancing in my head.

Looks like some folks didn't get the memo.

0222D97A-3616-40E0-952C-9D22C44DFCC8.jpg

6F94C4EF-FF3A-47D9-B682-A7608A0F1550.jpg
They have obviously believed in this project all the way. If they didn't it would've been cancelled long ago.

I am sure they did study it. The new technology of course was not as reliable as they thought which caused issues.

If you talk to him again can you ask if you are seated right side by side like Soarin' or if each person has their "own space". The photo of it not done yet, but on the right it almost looks like some kind of seats that are more individual ... although hard to say if the left or right side is more done. Been wondering because that would certainly make it do or not do for DS. I mean it may not be do at all depending on it's motions. But good to hear that it's at that point.

31497918960_a0df4b20f4_o.png

That's encouraging. I have no desire to watch the movie but I've been thinking I might have to do it to appreciate the ride. Maybe some day I will be really bored and watch it, but it's nice to know I probably won't need to in order to enjoy the rides.

From the last promo and video they showed it pretty much looks like you are simulating flying on the back of a critter ... don't think you'd have to know anything about the movie ... like riding Star Tours.

From the last promo and video they showed it pretty much looks like you are simulating flying on the back of a critter ... don't think you'd have to know anything about the movie ... like riding Star Tours.

Yeah....I don't ride Star Tours because I don't do well with motion simulators. Body Wars ruined that for me. :D If this ride is going to be like Star Tours I'll probably never ride it. If it's closer to Soarin', I'll be ok.

Yeah....I don't ride Star Tours because I don't do well with motion simulators. Body Wars ruined that for me. :D If this ride is going to be like Star Tours I'll probably never ride it. If it's closer to Soarin', I'll be ok.

The photo certainly looks like a "wall" of seating unlike Star Tours, but if you are dipping and moving more like a simulator then I think the motion will be more Star Tours than Soarin'. At this point I'm not holding out hope I can ride it, and wondering about height requirement.

Cameron is calling it a "thrill" .... And "“You’re gonna plunge, you’re gonna dive, you’re gonna see the world (while) flying through it,” he said."

I know the film does that on Soarin' but I would never say "we" the guests are truly doing that or that it is a thrill.

They called the river ride "family friendly" but not the flying ride. "the Avatar Flight of Passage excursion will offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora."

And why would they replicate Soarin' in a land that is supposed to be new and fresh?

So Loungers I was in WDW last week, Sunday through Friday. As always we experienced new things and one was quite fun. I can't go in to detail because just like the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer went away because folks knew I don't want to ruin fun for others. Our CM friend called it Magical Moments and says every location has the ability to do something. This was one she had not seen before. Let's just say my curious self saw something, inspected closer and ended up taking it to the front counter .... where DS and I was awarded the treasure of two frozen lemonade drinks with flashing ice cubes and Mickey Straws. They took our photo with our clue too. They were excited, we were excited ... it was FUN!

So always keep your eyes open to treasure no matter where you are!

So Loungers I was in WDW last week, Sunday through Friday. As always we experienced new things and one was quite fun. I can't go in to detail because just like the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer went away because folks knew I don't want to ruin fun for others. Our CM friend called it Magical Moments and says every location has the ability to do something. This was one she had not seen before. Let's just say my curious self saw something, inspected closer and ended up taking it to the front counter .... where DS and I was awarded the treasure of two frozen lemonade drinks with flashing ice cubes and Mickey Straws. They took our photo with our clue too. They were excited, we were excited ... it was FUN!

So always keep your eyes open to treasure no matter where you are!

cool, that sounds like fun! Hope it stays there until our trip in the fall! We'll be on the lookout!!

The photo certainly looks like a "wall" of seating unlike Star Tours, but if you are dipping and moving more like a simulator then I think the motion will be more Star Tours than Soarin'. At this point I'm not holding out hope I can ride it, and wondering about height requirement.

Cameron is calling it a "thrill" .... And "“You’re gonna plunge, you’re gonna dive, you’re gonna see the world (while) flying through it,” he said."

I know the film does that on Soarin' but I would never say "we" the guests are truly doing that or that it is a thrill.

They called the river ride "family friendly" but not the flying ride. "the Avatar Flight of Passage excursion will offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora."

And why would they replicate Soarin' in a land that is supposed to be new and fresh?
Yeh, I can't do Star Tours or similar intense simulator rides so I doubt I'll be able to do the Avatar one. My hubs, who doesn't do coasters, can do simulator rides, so I'm sure he'll give it a try.

Disney has gone back and made changes to the previously released soundtrack. The soundtrack has been pulled from UK stores and a new one will be put together when the show debuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter