Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

February 12, huh? If I hold my breath, will I turn blue? :rolleyes1

HAHAHA

I had to buy a car yesterday. That may have taken care of any Disney trip this year. We'll have to see

Yay for new car but boo, hiss for no Disney trip this year. We will be taking 2018 off. We usually use our tax refund for our vacation and we really need to put the money into some home repairs. Planning to be back for 2019 though.

HAHAHA

Yay for new car but boo, hiss for no Disney trip this year. We will be taking 2018 off. We usually use our tax refund for our vacation and we really need to put the money into some home repairs. Planning to be back for 2019 though.

That's us too, but I may try to squeeze in 2018 anyway. It will be the last year my oldest is a Dis kid.

So we are a LOUNGE right?
A few drinks here and there ... so while this is slightly off topic .... we are a "community" board with leeway.
I don't want to get in some discussion elsewhere, just fun food for thought among ROL lounger friends.
So MK adds drinks to TS restaurants.
Lots of opinions about it but what's done is done.
Drinks with dinner, finish before you leave.
Seems most folks think we'll never see outside sale.
Okay.
Well ...... heard of at least a few issues so far ....
Security has been added on call because it has become a reoccurring issue of ...
... folks trying to order drinks then pour them into their sipper cup, mug etc and leave with it.
It's been noted that parties are using separate MDE's to book ...
... spread out ADRs at multiple locations in one day and just go in to each to order alcohol aka "bar hopping"....

Have to wonder which way this will go ... :confused3 more rules, more options .... ?

A few drinks here and there ... so while this is slightly off topic .... we are a "community" board with leeway.
I don't want to get in some discussion elsewhere, just fun food for thought among ROL lounger friends.
Okay.
Security has been added on call because it has become a reoccurring issue of ...
... folks trying to order drinks then pour them into their sipper cup, mug etc and leave with it.
... spread out ADRs at multiple locations in one day and just go in to each to order alcohol aka "bar hopping"....

Have to wonder which way this will go ... :confused3 more rules, more options .... ?

Once again, this is why we can't have nice things.....

Okay.

Once again, this is why we can't have nice things.....

Seriously. I am a devoted lounger - I love to have a nice glass of wine with dinner or a cocktail around the monorail loop but give me a break. Making multiple reservations just to drink? Do people not realize there are awesome bars a short stroll away at the Contemporary Resort? Absolutely agree this is why we can't have nice things. Come on. Don't mess this up for the rest of us that wanted a beer with our dumplings and arepas at Skipper Canteen. I am in disbelief.

Seriously. I am a devoted lounger - I love to have a nice glass of wine with dinner or a cocktail around the monorail loop but give me a break. Making multiple reservations just to drink? Do people not realize there are awesome bars a short stroll away at the Contemporary Resort? Absolutely agree this is why we can't have nice things. Come on. Don't mess this up for the rest of us that wanted a beer with our dumplings and arepas at Skipper Canteen. I am in disbelief.

Am sure there will be more stories to come but guests do all kinds of shocking things in the park, so this is really no surprise at all.

I'm not surprised at people trying to get a roadie, but making multiple ADRs seems like a lot of work....I've been following along with the Alcohol at MK debate and have been mostly on the fence, and I also enjoy my lounge beverages, but messy people at MK would be a real bummer.

Although isn't this along the lines of people doing <insert your thought here> on Peoplemover, COP, in a cabana, etc? Sure people are going to do whatever but how many people are possibly making a bar crawl out of the MK restaurants and is it really causing a problem? I mean, it's got to be a relatively small # out of total guests, right?

I'm sure folks have brought in far worse at the MK for decades, no?

Am sure there will be more stories to come but guests do all kinds of shocking things in the park, so this is really no surprise at all.

I have always thought that people complaining about "The Drunks" (yes, with capital letters) at food and wine festival were exaggerating until we were in line with this... errrr... family? At the Art Festival last weekend that had on matching t shirts saying "I am sorry you have to wait in line behind us" or something to that effect and one member of the family ran up to another member of the family and yelled "Are we getting wasted here or what?" in line for the $15 margaritas at the Artista Hambriento booth. If you want to get super drunk there are many other less expensive and more appropriate places than festival booths.

Also, GET OFF MY LAWN :rolleyes2

I have always thought that people complaining about "The Drunks" (yes, with capital letters) at food and wine festival were exaggerating until we were in line with this... errrr... family? At the Art Festival last weekend that had on matching t shirts saying "I am sorry you have to wait in line behind us" or something to that effect and one member of the family ran up to another member of the family and yelled "Are we getting wasted here or what?" in line for the $15 margaritas at the Artista Hambriento booth. If you want to get super drunk there are many other less expensive and more appropriate places than festival booths.

And that is the stuff you see. Some of the stories ....... can't wrap my head around.

Talking to my DH about our upcoming date night at DS (thanks to my sister watching our kids one night), and he jokingly said, "I'm not hauling your drunk butt back to the room."
I scoffed and said, "Yeah, like we can afford for me to get drunk at Disney."

Your 15 margaritas comment reminded me of that.

PEOPLE SMUGGLE ADULT BEVERAGES INTO COP AND PEOPLE MOVER? :drinking1

What is going on in Tomorrowland?

I think I must be very naive...that has never occurred to me! pooh:

PEOPLE SMUGGLE ADULT BEVERAGES INTO COP AND PEOPLE MOVER? :drinking1

What is going on in Tomorrowland?

I think I must be very naive...that has never occurred to me! pooh:

... I think it may be possible that @GADisneyDad14 was insinuating too many folks were taking literally the TTA's request to contact "Mr. Johnson" to "confirm a flight to the moon"?

Although isn't this along the lines of people doing <insert your thought here> on Peoplemover, COP, in a cabana, etc? Sure people are going to do whatever but how many people are possibly making a bar crawl out of the MK restaurants and is it really causing a problem? I mean, it's got to be a relatively small # out of total guests, right?

I'm sure folks have brought in far worse at the MK for decades, no?

I imagine at this point small but enough that Disney has picked up on what is happening.

... I think it may be possible that @GADisneyDad14 was insinuating too many folks were taking literally the TTA's request to contact "Mr. Johnson" to "confirm a flight to the moon"?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And there is a big reason Night of Joy moved to WWoS .... teen guest behavior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter