• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor: MSEP closing?!

DWDan

Earning My Ears
Saw on Twitter this afternoon that someone said she was told that MSEP is closing and the WDW Entertainment Cast has been informed the last parade will be 9/10/16. Clearly this is unconfirmed and just a rumor, but wondering if anyone else has heard anything? I know MSEP had its critics, but I really enjoyed it.

There are *rumors* that MSEP may be leaving for the Paint the Night Parade to come from Disneyland after that ends on 9/5, but I haven't heard any dates or official word.

There are *rumors* that MSEP may be leaving for the Paint the Night Parade to come from Disneyland after that ends on 9/5, but I haven't heard any dates or official word.
I've heard that MSEP is indeed closing however DL is not giving WDW paint the night.

:headache: Ok, I'm getting irritated with our fall trip losing things. No Big Thunder, Dinosaur Refurb extended, no advertised super late AK or possible Jungle Book/ROL, now maybe no nighttime MK parade? What the heck is going on?!?
Take take take!! >:(

This is exactly my concern! :mad: My next trip is in November and I'm getting more and more bummed about all of this. It's also my boyfriends first trip, so I'm upset he'll miss out on seeing/experiencing some of these things (some maybe forever! :sad1:).

@prettypatchesmsu and @Mel730 - I'm going in November and I'm especially disappointed not to be able to ride BTMR, but I'm trying to focus on the new/expanded experiences since our last trip...FEA, Star Wars Launch Bay and Galactic Spectacular, reduced wait times at TSMM, new Soarin', and I'm sure a few other things that I'm forgetting. We haven't even seen FoF parade. I wish more projects were complete and/or less things were closed, but either we suck it up and focus on the positives or decide to change our plans and go at a different time. But being frustrated/mad at Disney only ruins your enjoyment - because they are plowing forward no matter what we think or feel.;)

I'm also getting irritated by them deciding things so last minute. They make us plan out everything 60+ days ahead and then throw out huge bombs like this at people with less than 50 days. We like the MSEP, had made plans for watching it. If PTN isn't up and running in its place, why Disney, why. Why pull it with nothing in its place. I don't get it.

@prettypatchesmsu and @Mel730 - I'm going in November and I'm especially disappointed not to be able to ride BTMR, but I'm trying to focus on the new/expanded experiences since our last trip...FEA, Star Wars Launch Bay and Galactic Spectacular, reduced wait times at TSMM, new Soarin', and I'm sure a few other things that I'm forgetting. We haven't even seen FoF parade. I wish more projects were complete and/or less things were closed, but either we suck it up and focus on the positives or decide to change our plans and go at a different time. But being frustrated/mad at Disney only ruins your enjoyment - because they are plowing forward no matter what we think or feel.;)
I did that with BTMR, then Dinosaur got extended into our days and I moved on. Then the late night AK has been cut back, and possibly no night show there. I've been making the best of it but it just seems too much on too little notice. At a certain point we do start to wonder if we shouldn't delay our trip. If we weren't under 50 days and it's our 20th Anniversary trip, I would truly consider it. But I just have to keep rolling with the punches. But I'm really wondering what is going on at WDW. It's getting kind of crazy.

I did that with BTMR, then Dinosaur got extended into our days and I moved on. Then the late night AK has been cut back, and possibly no night show there. I've been making the best of it but it just seems too much on too little notice. At a certain point we do start to wonder if we shouldn't delay our trip. If we weren't under 50 days and it's our 20th Anniversary trip, I would truly consider it. But I just have to keep rolling with the punches. But I'm really wondering what is going on at WDW. It's getting kind of crazy.

With the way WDW has been slow to update their hours and activities, let's hope that they at least extend AK hours. And whatever may happen, I hope you have an amazing time celebrating 20 years!!!

With the way WDW has been slow to update their hours and activities, let's hope that they at least extend AK hours. And whatever may happen, I hope you have an amazing time celebrating 20 years!!!
Thank you! :goodvibes Whatever happens, we'll be at Disney World right! That's what I'm trying to focus on :earsboy::earsgirl:

@MommaBerd I know and agree but it's my boyfriends first trip (and me being Disney obsessed and wanting him to love it too!) want this trip to be extra special for him, so all of the ride closures, no MSEP, and Animal Kingdom times/shows being completely up in the air is stressing me out more than it normally would. :scared: And I'm stressing out over the park closing hours potentially being changed and trying to make my make dinner dining reservations around it. :sad2:

@prettypatchesmsu Happy 20th Anniversary, regardless of all the disappointments, I hope you have a wonderful trip and Anniversary celebration!! :love:

@MommaBerd I know and agree but it's my boyfriends first trip (and me being Disney obsessed and wanting him to love it too!) want this trip to be extra special for him, so all of the ride closures, no MSEP, and Animal Kingdom times/shows being completely up in the air is stressing me out more than it normally would. :scared: And I'm stressing out over the park closing hours potentially being changed and trying to make my make dinner dining reservations around it. :sad2:

I get it; I really do. :hug: But remember, he'll never miss those things because he has never done them (and he may not even know about them?)! But I will agree that planning ADRs has been tough! And who knows, WDW *could* get something new to replace MSEP!

@prettypatchesmsu Happy 20th Anniversary, regardless of all the disappointments, I hope you have a wonderful trip and Anniversary celebration!! :love:
Just keep reminding yourself, there's no such thing as the perfect trip! You are putting way too much pressure on yourself. Sit back and enjoy the vacation!

What the heck? :( My family LOVES MSEP, and we were so looking forward to the chance to see it again on our trip in Nov. (haven't been to Disney in 10 years). It will be my 2.75yo (in Nov) DD's first trip and she would LOVE the MSEP. We were definitely planning on taking her to see it (even keeping her up late one night for it). We even showed her YouTube videos of it. We already planned what night we would go since the times were listed on the calendar. I admit I'll be a bit devastated if there is no MSEP, especially if there's no nighttime parade at all :(

How can they end MSEP but still offer the MSEP Dining Package at Tony's Town Square? I have this booked for lunch on Nov 2nd. If MSEP ends, I assume they will have something else new ready to start or they wouldn't be able to offer the dining package. At least I hope so.

After selling (well, sorta)... a whole new event at Tony's to watch the night time parade, which I know is still planned for late Sept (our reservation has not been cancelled) I can't imagine them NOT having something... Maybe PTN... Maybe not..... I doubt that it is something new as there is no way they wouldn't have made a big deal about it, but we will see... I just hope they don't make it a "cavalcade"... That is really my only concern... If they do, oh well... more time to ride rides I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter