Rumor: MSEP closing?!

Have to say I agree with most of you about the nighttime schedules being painfully slow as the DHS and AK hours update are the last piece in the puzzle for my trip.

I'm going in Nov and desperate to sort out SW fireworks Dessert Party and AK ROL bookings (but if it's still not on, think I might give the Jungle book thing a miss).

AS for MSEP I'm staying positive it is in my plans to attend so I have decided that until Disney tell me it's not on, it is on, (Although you'll probably still find me milling about by the parade route even it they do tell me it finished)

Also I couldn't see them closing it and not replacing it with anything else, as they need it to sell all their flashing tat (sorry bit harsh as normally do buy something, (yes I am a sucker) lol) they have on those carts -as from a distance they look like a very small Rave is going on. :hippie:

I agree. For December I have booked Minnie's Seasonal Dine in DHS for the latest ADR they have, so far 6:10 for a 7 PM park close. I have not seen DHS close at 7 ever. DAK as well. If Disney is going to extend hours, I wish that would do just that. It is hard to plan.

People already are.

In the last earnings call WDW attendance was noticeably down.

But it also said revenue was up. They interpreted that as they have it "priced right."
(Plus, DLR attendance made up the difference).

LOL! I know! Revenue may be up, but if attendance continues to fall I wonder if that upward revenue stream will continue.

as I scream "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at my computer as I selfishly want it to run while I'm there October 1-8. I realize it must close sometime, and while I know that Paint The Night can't make it here and be ready to go by October 1 it does not stop me from wishing with all might might.

Star Light, Star Bright
First Star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
have a parade called
Paint The Night

Ready to go, on October first
as no parade would be the worst.

hmmmm, i doubt it until we hear an official word. I cant see there being no parade for a period of time at MK

FYI, there's another thread on this topic already. And no, PTN is not likely to come to WDW.

So we're back to the question I've been asking for a while now.

Is it even logistically possible to move PTN all the way across the country and be in tip top show shape in 3 weeks?

Now I am confused I thought Tony's was offering a meal and a place to view this parade. Maybe I read it wrong and it is the afternoon parade.

Now I am confused I thought Tony's was offering a meal and a place to view this parade. Maybe I read it wrong and it is the afternoon parade.

That's a piece of this that makes me think they are planning for PTN to come to the MK (That maybe that was a test).

They apparently have a plan. But apparently people investing money in their trips don't deserve to have this bit of information when making their plans.

That's a piece of this that makes me think they are planning for PTN to come to the MK (That maybe that was a test).

They apparently have a plan. But apparently people investing money in their trips don't deserve to have this bit of information when making their plans.

Exactly my friend has this booked I need to check her dates she will be very disappointed. Thank you.

I absolutely understand the terms and the conditions... I understand that they CAN do that... Maybe I am giving Disney too much credit, but whatever the plan is was probably something they thought about before they even mentioned the nighttime parade seating at Tony's. It isn't like they have been having Tony's do that for months on end... To me... It sounds like they were subtly testing the idea out first with MSEP... Maybe I am giving them too much credit... But a parade change to anything other than a small cavalcade takes some prep time. Even if it was FoF running at night, they would still need time...

Of course, maybe they are going the DL way and not doing parades every night... It is on the schedule right now (I know before you say it "they can change the schedule").... If they changed it though, I think that would cause even more kickback when people got there and didn't get to a see a parade.... I can't even imagine the kind of lines that would create... People expect their trip to be perfect... most people don't keep checking the schedule to make sure nothing has changed... and then a section of those people will go and complain about how they didn't get what they were "promised".
I completely understand but at the same time MSEP isn't a draw like MSEP. MK could survive just fine without MSEP even though you'll have fans that will be upset.

As for Tony's I think part of the reason they started doing that package is because the restaurant isn't the most popular and has some pretty terrible reviews so the package will draw people into that restuarant.

If MSEP indeed goes away Disney will sell it as something else happening to make it not look so bad.

Everything I've heard says PTN is not coming unless something has changed in the last 24 hours.

Everything I've heard says PTN is not coming unless something has changed in the last 24 hours.

I hear you and I hope you're right. But I also think closing MSEP (with no replacement) is a pretty crazy move in the face of poor attendance recently, and right before the 45th anniversary.

How can they end MSEP but still offer the MSEP Dining Package at Tony's Town Square? I have this booked for lunch on Nov 2nd. If MSEP ends, I assume they will have something else new ready to start or they wouldn't be able to offer the dining package. At least I hope so.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what does having lunch have to do with an 8 pm or 9 pm parade?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what does having lunch have to do with an 8 pm or 9 pm parade?

If you purchase the parade package, it comes with access to the MSEP viewing area later that night.

I hear you and I hope you're right. But I also think closing MSEP (with no replacement) is a pretty crazy move in the face of poor attendance recently, and right before the 45th anniversary.
The 45th won't be anything more than merchandise and maybe a cupcake. I agree with you but Disney doesn't really care if they a night parade or not

The 45th won't be anything more than merchandise and maybe a cupcake. I agree with you but Disney doesn't really care if they a night parade or not

Probably. That's all they did with their 40th anniversary. But that all seems out of step with the over the top celebration of DL's 60th. (Which we enjoyed immensely). It's not like a 60th is really that much more notable than a 45th (IMO).

Probably. That's all they did with their 40th anniversary. But that all seems out of step with the over the top celebration of DL's 60th. (Which we enjoyed immensely). It's not like a 60th is really that much more notable than a 45th (IMO).
Well I'd say 60 years of the original park is more important than 45 of the second park but that's just me. I've heard Disney won't do anything for WDW until the 50th.

If you purchase the parade package, it comes with access to the MSEP viewing area later that night.
okay thanks, i thought maybe it was something where you had to book a reservation around the time of the parade to get the viewing.

I'm super excited for the closing of the electrical parade. It stinks in comparison to Paint the Night in DL. Paint the Night has awesome modern floats that are spectacular! Disney World deserves a parade like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter