RSR is down...maybe for awhile

TBH this ride really, really needs a major refurb. A ton of the effects don't work at all, rarely work, or are in B mode. (About 2 weeks ago I rode it and none of the car animatronics moved around, they just stayed stationary and moved their mouths! All 3 effects in luigis shop didn't work, and the animatronics at the end were in B mode) It's just not in as good of shape as it's been in the past. There hasn't been a true major refurb since the ride opened - 10 years of no major refurb is a long time for a ride like this! It's just been hard because ever since this ride opend it kind of carries DCA - closing it leaves a big hole in the lineup. It won't be great for the park during the weeks the ride goes down, but it's about time that it gets some love.

We went twice earlier this month and I was surprised at how much squeaking/rubbing noise there was as we were pulling out of the boarding area. Not sure if that contributed to this incident but it certainly did not sound normal or okay.

How are the crowds leading up to Memorial Day?
Sorry, I’m just seeing this now. The 2 days we were there that it was down it definitely felt busier in the rest of the park. One day we started in DCA and the other in DL. The start in DCA was worse because we rope dropped, not realizing it was down, and it was really hard to fill 5 hours with the other rides. We had genie + so that helped a bit as I started choosing DL rides earlier than I would have.

TBH this ride really, really needs a major refurb. A ton of the effects don't work at all, rarely work, or are in B mode. (About 2 weeks ago I rode it and none of the car animatronics moved around, they just stayed stationary and moved their mouths! All 3 effects in luigis shop didn't work, and the animatronics at the end were in B mode) It's just not in as good of shape as it's been in the past. There hasn't been a true major refurb since the ride opened - 10 years of no major refurb is a long time for a ride like this! It's just been hard because ever since this ride opend it kind of carries DCA - closing it leaves a big hole in the lineup. It won't be great for the park during the weeks the ride goes down, but it's about time that it gets some love.
I agree. I feel the same way about Indiana Jones. I love that ride and is one of my favorite things about Disneyland (I am not a local and have only been to DL twice) but that ride's current condition makes me a little sad. They both need a real refurb.

They could have done all this during rhe Covid times but no…..

Now they have ANOTHER major ride out of commission along with Pirates….and with Indy frequently down, thwy are going to have MAJOR backups in both parks…

Time to start asking questions of those that hold the purse strings if they intend all Disney parks to be 3/4 operational this summer?

They could have done all this during rhe Covid times but no…..

Now they have ANOTHER major ride out of commission along with Pirates….and with Indy frequently down, thwy are going to have MAJOR backups in both parks…

Time to start asking questions of those that hold the purse strings if they intend all Disney parks to be 3/4 operational this summer?

To give Disney some grace, I doubt the state would have let them work on the rides, beyond basic upkeep, for a good part of the pandemic closure.

I did really well fishing for multi-experience passes on Wednesday because so many rides were down at various times. I would rather they were working, though.

To give Disney some grace, I doubt the state would have let them work on the rides, beyond basic upkeep, for a good part of the pandemic closure.

I did really well fishing for multi-experience passes on Wednesday because so many rides were down at various times. I would rather they were working, though.
Point taken…..except , they can fix things now, with over time and more staffing it could probably be done very quickly….
unless we are now gonna call it supply issues….

Are you going to apply to work at Disney and help them? Just curious since you seem to have the answer to this issue.
Yes I would, But I am sure I would be fired because my answer to the problem requires spend money to fix things that affect guest satisfaction. That is obviously not the way management is working right now. So if they hired me, yes I would...and I would be making damn sure the poor state of the parks lately would be addressed to satisfy guests before shareholders to ensure Disney is a premier destination for the long term.

That answer your question?

I agree it’s hard to close it when DCA depends on it so much… If only they closed the parks for a year, I bet then they could refurb it.

So yea. That was a much different rope drop then we've experienced at DCA. Far more people than we've ever seen go to incredicoaster and midway mania. By 9:30 everything had a line.

The wait times have definitely been exaggerated without Racers.

Lightning Lane has not been bueno on the DCA either. Last night the LL line went all the way into avengers campus for Guardians and down in front of sky jumpers grill for Soarin.

We gave up at DCA tonight because everything was just chaos. The LL lane for Goofys was stretching past Jumpin Jellyfish... Little Mermaid was constantly over 30 minutes and using that big ole back queue... it was just rough.

Man, this is such a bummer to hear. We leave in a week for a trip that’s been delayed 26 months. RSR was high on my list but not my family’s, and I’ll live. But the extra crowding and lines is not going impress anyone. I guess if it’s bad, we will just return to the hotel to swim. Can someone point me to the source where you can see how long things will be closed for?

Man, this is such a bummer to hear. We leave in a week for a trip that’s been delayed 26 months. RSR was high on my list but not my family’s, and I’ll live. But the extra crowding and lines is not going impress anyone. I guess if it’s bad, we will just return to the hotel to swim. Can someone point me to the source where you can see how long things will be closed for?
I don't think anyone has said how long to expect RSR to be down.

I don't think anyone has said how long to expect RSR to be down.
Okay, thanks. I thought at one point there was a source that said 5/30 but now says indefinitely or something. RSR was on our “list” for 6/9, but it sounds probably unlikely at this point.

Last edited:
At DCA this morning. Plenty of people don’t seem to know RSR is down. The CMs are making announcements, but I don’t know how many people in the crowd can hear them.

This is such a bummer. RSR's line soaked up a lot of people that will have to go somewhere else for now - I'm guessing once word gets out more and more people know it is down, even DL will feel some increase in crowds as people change reservation to DL when possible.

Anyone think there is any chance they figure it out this week? It sounded pretty significant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter