Royal Wedding - thoughts?

I'm going out for the day with my niece & nephew. I'm only off work due to the line i'm on the rota as i'm working Mon-Wed this week otherwise I would have worked it. We don't get bank holidays off.

And yet every day we are being force fed all this drivel from the news channels, adverts and newspapers that this is the biggest event for years and everyone, aparently, is looking forward to it. :confused3

Where are all these people??

He, he. We live in the nearest town to Charlie, about 2 miles away. Every time there is a royal event of some sort they send the TV cameras to cover it. The reporter usually makes some comment about excitement reaching fever pitch as an old lady shuffles past in the background and tumbleweed blows down the High Street. :rotfl2:

I couldn't give two hoots about the monarchy, but I'm all for anything that gives day off work!

Kev

I'm not really too fussed about the wedding! But my mum is havin a party at her house to celebrate and for us to watch it so i think that will be fun.

I do actually love the fact that its turned in to an event for friends / family / neighbours to get together and celebrate. More so than the actual wedding itself if that makes sense (a bit like i don't really celebrate easter for its true meaning, but i sure do love chocolate eggs).

I'm going over to dbf's sister for bucks fizz, triangle sandwiches, scones and strawberries to watch the wedding. :goodvibes

Of course it is a little bit aggrivating that its in the media EVERYWHERE just now - but i'd rather see that than the bad-news stories we've seen recently with Egypt / Libya etc etc.

I am looking forward to it, all the Pre school Children at work are quite excited by it and its rubbing off. lots of streets here are having parties etc but more than anything im chuffed to have an extra day off.

I love weddings so i'm quite excited.

Given where I work though it has given me a lot of extra work though.

I'm another one who is looking forward to the wedding. I'll be watching with my DD's, who also seem quite excited.

I could really care less and can't wait for it to be over!

I really do think it's a Scotland/England thing as the majority of people up here really don't seem to give two hoots about it!

And don't get me started on the fact our taxes pay for it! :rolleyes1

I had mentally composed pretty much the same post content on reading the OP - but you said it for me. :) I'm glad they are getting married as it's nice for me to have a day off work that I get paid for. Of course I still get taxed on that day for being at home :rolleyes1

I'm looking forward to it. We'll be watching at home in the morning then going to a friends for a Royal BBQ in the afternoon. x

Cant wait till friday for the wedding

Have the flags up , ready and waiting :-)

004-5.jpg

The school I work at is having a garden party for the children tomorrow afternoon as we're closed on Friday and everyone is going to wear red, white and blue. I have my hat at the ready!

I'm really looking forward to it and it's definitely not an England Scotland thing as most people I know are going to be watching and are looking forward to the occasion.

I'm also haven't been that bothered by the media coverage, I've quite enjoyed it actually. This is a lovely occasion that should be celebrated! There is so many horrible things going on in the world we should stop and appreciate the good/happy things. It makes me feel proud to be British!

Today Royal wedding is going on , 1900 guests invited, Obama also invited. 5500 street parties has arranged . 5000 armed police officers. Thats amazing event the wedding cermony of Prince William and Kate.

To me it was like they wanted to keep simple in the dressing and everything .
A bit long but nice .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter