Royal Caribbean- Oasis of the Seas

Weedy

DIS Veteran
IMG_4416.PNG The Oasis is sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time today. Hopefully will give Disney a little competition.

I'm surprised that monstrosity can fit in that port. That ship is HUGE!

Can't wait to try an Oasis class ship...we are sailing on the Allure for President's Week 2018! The bigger the ship, the better! :sail:

We're sailing on the Oasis May 7th!!! Out of Port Canaveral too! Cant wait.

I'd like that ship to be our next cruise ...... as soon as I get my kids weddings paid off that is.

View attachment 205272 The Oasis is sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time today. Hopefully will give Disney a little competition.

Count us in. We are sailing on the Oasis in January. This will be our first RCCL cruise after 8 Disney Cruises. Disney is pricing us out and same menus/shows trip after trip. took away carry on liquor and raising prices. We are looking forward to trying RCCL.

Trying Oasis for the first time in January. Was on a RC Voyager class ship a few yrs ago for my first cruise & thought it was great. Oasis will be a whole other world!

Leaving dock in St. Thomas as I write. :duck: DW received a phone call a couple of weeks ago to see if she would like to upgrade. Balcony room to Jr. Suite. Very nice and a walk in closet that has enough room for a pool table. NOT REALLY but it IS huge.

We are on the Oasis, on the Podcast cruise. It's been a wonderful experience and is a beautiful ship. We will stick with smaller ships in the future, but are glad we tried it. We are Diamond on RCCL, so it's not the line's experience, we just prefer fewer people on board. Our next cruise is in January on the Navigator.

DU has given us very nice on board gift, their gift bag, red velvet cupcakes, beach towel, sparkling wine and a $50 on board credit. We are very happy we booked this cruise with them!

Bobbi:)

Coming to this thread a bit late as @bobbiwoz has said mostly everything I would have said. However, why let that stop me?

Val & I were also on the Podcast Cruise and enjoyed the ship. This was our second cruise on the Oasis (we are RCL Diamond) and thus weren't quite as overwhelmed as many of the first-timers. I think one of the confusing aspects to this ship is there are 3 separate open areas. Between Central Park on deck 8 (mostly restaurants, with a couple of shops), Boardwalk on deck 6 aft, and all the shops on Deck 5 its easy to forget just which venue is where.

Some folks will be afraid that the ship will be crowded because of how many passengers it holds. However, we didn't think that. RCL has made the public spaces larger to accommodate all those extra passengers.

We were in a Grand Suite (deck 10) on this sailing and took advantage of the perk of dining in Coastal Kitchen from most of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Good food in a relaxed atmosphere. We also enjoyed some of the specialty restaurants for dinner. Oh, and the roast beef sandwich in Central Park is very good.

We are sailing on RC Oasis from Port Canaveral in less than 2 months! After having only done Disney cruises I'm excited to try something new. I think the best advice I've received is to treat it as a different experience all together. Like a Universal trip vs. a Disney trip. They are both fun but different. The exciting part is that we got a very, very nice room for the same price as a much smaller room on Disney. I could have gone cheaper but we wanted to try a suite since its our 20 year anniversary trip. Happy sailing everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter