Room requests Beach Club?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
Hi! Super excited to stay at Beach Club this spring for the first time. Any tips on good room requests? We plan to spend a lot of time at the pool. I know requests aren't guaranteed but I always put something in.. ;) Also we tend to like high floor.. do all the studios have balconies at BC? We definitely want a balcony. Thanks!

We prefer ground level over looking the pool. Then you can walk right out your slider to the pool. There really aren't any fantastic views at BCV. We have also had views overlooking the courtyard which we liked.

How far of a walk is it to quick service? If you want to be closest to Epcot what would you request?

How far of a walk is it to quick service? If you want to be closest to Epcot what would you request?
If you prefer to be close to the Marketplace, the quick service, you should request a "courtyard view". This would make it a 2 minute walk. No matter where you stay in the BCV you are close to Epcot. Courtyard view would also put you slightly closer to Epcot.

Michelleiada thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it!!! Is pool view far?

Michelleiada thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it!!! Is pool view far?
No. Not if you are on the wing that is closest to Beach Club entrance. Beach Club Villas is not very large. It may be the smallest of all DVC. So you really aren't very far from anything. It is our home resort and we love it there!

Upper level, pool view for quiet location.

I always wondered if it was quiet. I've gotten it a few times when I've been solo, and always liked the views. I don't have any idea how quiet it is because I'm a VERY sound sleeper. However, DH is a light sleeper and I assumed there'd be pool noise at night. But does the quiet pool stay quiet? If so, I'd love to request that view.

We prefer ground level over looking the pool. Then you can walk right out your slider to the pool. There really aren't any fantastic views at BCV. We have also had views overlooking the courtyard which we liked.

I would not recommend this. There is landscaping between your patio and pool deck and there can be snakes in those shrubs.

I always wondered if it was quiet. I've gotten it a few times when I've been solo, and always liked the views. I don't have any idea how quiet it is because I'm a VERY sound sleeper. However, DH is a light sleeper and I assumed there'd be pool noise at night. But does the quiet pool stay quiet? If so, I'd love to request that view.

I consider it to be a noisy location and the pool lights are really bright.

I consider it to be a noisy location and the pool lights are really bright.
We have never found it to be noisy or bright, and have never seen a snake. We have seen bunnies and an occasional lizard but havent' seen a snake...not to say they aren't there though. It is definitely a personal preference but we have loved ground floor by the quiet pool. We've done it many times. And we have had villas that did not have any shrubbery between the villa and the pool decking. Only a small strip of grass.

All BCV units, studio - 2 BR have a patio or balcony(ground floor). Check the link for a resort map, and scroll down for layout of each floor.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/beach-club-villas/maps-a-photos-2808
Looking at those floor layouts, it looks like 528 and 516 share a balcony, 428 and 416 share a balcony, and 328 and 316 share a balcony. Has anyone stayed in one of those rooms and can explain how that is divided? I stayed in 228, but it does not share, and has that big, beautiful balcony all to itself.
What are 414 and 412, 314 and 312 balconies like? Again, looking at the above referenced floor layouts, it looks like Juliet balconies or none.

I haven't stayed in the rooms, but I was in a room right above them. If I remember right, there was one big balcony, but it was divided by a fence-type thing in between. So you were physically separated, that is, no one was going to run and jump into your lap, but it wasn't exactly private-looking. Anyone stay in one of those rooms and tell me if I remember right or wrong?

I haven't stayed in the rooms, but I was in a room right above them. If I remember right, there was one big balcony, but it was divided by a fence-type thing in between. So you were physically separated, that is, no one was going to run and jump into your lap, but it wasn't exactly private-looking. Anyone stay in one of those rooms and tell me if I remember right or wrong?

Yes there a a couple of rooms like that. The balconies are somewhat odd shaped with a short fence dividing them.
disney-s-beach-club-villas.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!