room for a crib in our stateroom?

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
I know space in the staterooms is at a premium. Is there ample room for a crib or will that make the room way too crowded? Our 2 1/2 year old normally sleeps in one when we're in a hotel, but I thought he could sleep on a bed if a crib won't fit comfortably. We're in a category 6 if that makes a difference.

Hi Leah!

We put the crib (aka Pack n Play) in front of the couch and close the curtains between that and the bed area. Unfortunately, the tv is also on the couch side and doesn't swing over to the bed area. So if you want to watch tv, you may be out of luck. Bring a dvd player or computer and watch movies.

Bring a couple clothes pins in case the curtains don't close well.

Also, don't forget to ask your room attendant for a diaper genie.

I need to just start PM'ing you since you're the one who answers all my "cruising with kids" questions! :)
Does the crib make the room really crowded? He could sleep on the bed, he just kind of likes his crib. But maybe with bed rails, he would still feel "enclosed."

Just as a suggestion, order the pack n play anyway and you can decide whether to use it or not once you're there. When I went with my baby nephew a few years ago, the baby slept in the bed with his mom and her friend, which she liked better than the crib.

I need to just start PM'ing you since you're the one who answers all my "cruising with kids" questions! :)
Does the crib make the room really crowded? He could sleep on the bed, he just kind of likes his crib. But maybe with bed rails, he would still feel "enclosed."

No problem, I know I had a million questions last year when we went with the kids. Plus our boys are the same age.:goodvibes

It's not too crowded, but your attendant can take it down daily and put it back up at night. I just left ours up all day for naps and in case I needed him to stay in one place and couldn't watch him.

If you need a pack n' play do you have to request it or will they automatically put one in your room if you have an infant in the room?

If you need a pack n' play do you have to request it or will they automatically put one in your room if you have an infant in the room?

Your agent can add the request to your reservation, but if you forget you just need to ask your stateroom attendant. They will set it up, sheet and all.

One more thing. We tried to create the same sleeping environment on the ship as we have at home. If you use a mobile, bring something similar (just smaller, we use a stuffed toy that makes music). We also use a humidifier at home, so we are bringing a small fan for the same "white noise".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter