ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the point charts. The extensions at OKW really puts them into a strange spot as it's very likely they can't to a hybrid chart as I don't see even the best legal minds figuring out that magic. That is a point that would push them to want to let them go away for sure....

See that's where I think the logic actually goes the other way. It might be Disney's love of money and profit that makes them keep the value in the contracts. As I was looking into DVC as a prospective buyer the value in the brand was in the plus column. I don't plan on selling, but it's nice to know it's an option if I need to break that glass.

What happens to the brand if I can look for used BRV contracts for 60 bucks a point in 2035? Don't you think that will impact their ability to sell points direct at Reflections 2, the Cabins at Camp Wilderness, or the the Villas at All Star Resort at 350 a point when other resorts are worth way less at WDW?

Note - these are just crazy thoughts/questions by a hungry person who really wants to go get some spicy Thai food.... please don't take them too seriously :)
I hope I am here on this earth to see what happens in 2042. 😂

OK, quick question. I am looking at 150 point contract but I will very likely need 152 points. Can I buy 2 points to the resort direct so that I can get around booking the whole trip at the 11 month window? I have a mix of direct and resale points already but all at one resort…not a split of direct and resale at one resort.
Can you just call to make the reservation and buy one-time use points?

Thats what I thought. I am going to end up passing on the contract. Its a 2042 and I can’t make the CPP work in my favor at what the seller is negotiating at.

Thank you all for helping me to figure out the extra point situation though. Its very useful for thinking contracts through

There is a picture floating around, that was awhile back of a test room. It was beautiful but who knows now if that is the room? Is it allowed to mention an instagram name?
If I book a room at BRV for late May 2023 do you think there is a high chance the remodel will be done by then? I have to wait for the 7 month booking window to add on a room at either CCV or BRV for our split stay for some additional family who decided to join our trip. I'd say that I'd rather book BRV if there is a high chance the remodel will be done by then :)

If I book a room at BRV for late May 2023 do you think there is a high chance the remodel will be done by then? I have to wait for the 7 month booking window to add on a room at either CCV or BRV for our split stay for some additional family who decided to join our trip. I'd say that I'd rather book BRV if there is a high chance the remodel will be done by then :)
If you look up “boulder ridge renovation permit” there are permit dates. They filed in June and last day of the permit is in April. I think to the best of our ability 😂 I would book it!

While I hope your future predictions come true... my instincts say "fat chance".

DVC didn't bat an eye with doing away with a number of controversial items... To name a few: halting APs, implementing resale restrictions, restricting access to TOTWL, canning Magical Express... killing fast pass... Did I mention free magic bands?

They will let the 2042's expire unless some new CEO comes in before then and doesn't believe in capitalism.

Some of those things had nothing to do with DVC in Terms of ending.

I wonder if they’d allow someone to borrow points in the prior to final year. If so it’s possible someone would have used all their points but still owe dues the following year. Disney would have no collateral if dues were not paid in the last contract year.

Nothing to prevent them from restricting banking and borrowing the last few years as well to prevent a huge imbalance.
Seems like it would be incredibly unfair to give Dec UY only 1 month to use their points. If anything dues should be prorated in the last year to reflect actual time available to use them, though I would guess most people would just want to be able to go to their home resort one last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter