• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney_escape ---$135 - $14,240 -100-BLT-Aug - 0/22, 100/23, 100/24 -sent 4/28 Passed 5/23

Received closing docs today also- American title company.
I'm a little frustrated- It turns out this is a foreign seller, not a huge deal but wish I'd have known as it will slow things down potentially and the extra tax form. Asked agent about it and was told 'whoops it was left off the listing' .
I’m First American Title too. I hope I get mine fast like you did as well! Passed today and I have points expiring in August on mine. 🤞🙏🤞

DVC newbie here… lurking for a long time and finally decided to purchase resale!

frodoandmax- $95 - $24013 - 225 - Aug - 112/22, 314/23, 225/24 - sent 5/18

Obviously won't get to use those 2022 points :P, but really happy with this contract!
good luck! what resort? Use this link to have it included in the thread

https://rofr.scubacat.net/

DVC newbie here… lurking for a long time and finally decided to purchase resale!

frodoandmax---$95-$24013-225-SSR-Aug-112/22, 341/23, 225/24- sent 5/18

Obviously won't get to use those 2022 points :P, but really happy with this contract!
Have you missed the banking opportunity?

Very nice!! Congratulations. You all have some points to burn, woohooo!

Loving the news that those submitted on 5/1 are passing. We're 5/4 and reeeeeally hope it passes later this week.

A recent favorite hobby of mine is tweaking my Disney vacation plans. With nothing on the books, while waiting for my first DVC purchase to go through, I'm getting antsy. LOL!
We're 8th submitted so hoping soon too!

Aug UY had to be banked no later than March 31st

However the sellers did bank '22 points to '23 as there are 116 points extra in '23

The 112 points have already been banked from '21 to '22 and therefore they expire end of July 2023.
I was approved for 315/22, 230/23, 230/24 on a June Use Year. This is my first contract.

I expected to lose out on all of the 2022 points and I already have a vacation booked in Aug of this year (outside of my DVC). But can any of those 2022 points be booked? I've asked my broker twice but no response. Thanks!

I was approved for 315/22, 230/23, 230/24 on a June Use Year. This is my first contract.

I expected to lose out on all of the 2022 points and I already have a vacation booked in Aug of this year (outside of my DVC). But can any of those 2022 points be booked? I've asked my broker twice but no response. Thanks!

I'm sorry but all of the 2022 points will expire end of May '23, so you have roughly 7 days to use them or they will expire. The absolutely latest you can use them is for a reservation with a checkout date no later than June 1st.

IF you gain access to the points before June 1st then you can call MS and ask for some pixie dust, those 230 points from '22 could have been banked and maybe they will allow it.

I'm sorry but all of the 2022 points will expire end of May '23, so you have roughly 7 days to use them or they will expire. The absolutely latest you can use them is for a reservation with a checkout date no later than June 1st.

IF you gain access to the points before June 1st then you can call MS and ask for some pixie dust, those 230 points from '22 could have been banked and maybe they will allow it.
This is what I was anticipating. I just followed up with my broker for the third time but I'm not sure anything can be done since we're already in the ROFR stage. If my contract goes through I'll take it up with Disney and see if there's anything that can be done for a first-time owner.

This is what I was anticipating. I just followed up with my broker for the third time but I'm not sure anything can be done since we're already in the ROFR stage. If my contract goes through I'll take it up with Disney and see if there's anything that can be done for a first-time owner.
If you are only in the ROFR phase then nothing can be done by you. You can get the broker to call the seller and have them contact Disney for the pixie dust. IF, and thats a big IF the seller gets the pixie dust then you need to restart the ROFR process as points has changed.

If sellers can't get the pixie dust then there is nothing to do. You can't call in July or August and hope for pixie dust as the points are already gone. I have never heard of Disney resurrecting old points like that, but maybe others has?

If you are only in the ROFR phase then nothing can be done by you. You can get the broker to call the seller and have them contact Disney for the pixie dust. IF, and thats a big IF the seller gets the pixie dust then you need to restart the ROFR process as points has changed.

If sellers can't get the pixie dust then there is nothing to do. You can't call in July or August and hope for pixie dust as the points are already gone. I have never heard of Disney resurrecting old points like that, but maybe others has?
I might be reading this incorrectly. Isn't the banking deadline for June UY end of Jan? So 2022 points would need to be banked by Jan 31st, 2023 and must be used by end of June, 2023?

The 315 points set to expire would need to be used (not banked) by end of this month, no?

I might be reading this incorrectly. Isn't the banking deadline for June UY end of Jan? So 2022 points would need to be banked by Jan 31st, 2023 and must be used by end of June, 2023?

The 315 points set to expire would need to be used (not banked) by end of this month, no?
Yes that’s what Cyberc1978 was saying.

In your case the 315 2022 UY points must be a mix of 85 2021 points that were banked, plus 230 2022 points. The 85 could not have been rebanked so needed to be used by May 31, 2023 (not end of June). The 230 2022 points, the seller could have banked them (should have, really) but would have needed to do so by Jan 31, 2023 but since they weren’t banked, they too will expire May 31, 2023.

The only possible fix is for the seller to beg MS to bank those points now, but I imagine that’s going to be pretty difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter