ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I always park any images I have links to for various websites on my own host site like Imgur or Flickr or Photobucket. You can usually keep the number of images within the free hosting limit and you never worry about links breaking.
Photobucket was THE website to use for posting photos when I joined the Dis, but then they became problematic. I think they started charging. Flickr still seems to work. (I can see the photo of the cinnamon bun that my nephew got from from Main Street Bakery, which I use as my icon.)

Oooh, I wonder if mine sent on 5/6 (it may have been sent on 5/5 actually) will pass this week, probably not until next week but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping! 🤞

Posting for peoples information, not the file since I don't have all the info. Our friends (not on here) passed ROFR today. $138 - BLT 174 pt- September - 0/22 - 290/23 - 174/24 Sent 5/4 Passed 5/24

Based on my resent pass and this one, looks like prices are still going for less than the resale sites are implying.

Posting for peoples information, not the file since I don't have all the info. Our friends (not on here) passed ROFR today. $138 - BLT 174 pt- September - 0/22 - 290/23 - 174/24 Sent 5/4 Passed 5/24

Based on my resent pass and this one, looks like prices are still going for less than the resale sites are implying.

Thank you for sharing this! We are 5/4 and waiting…

Definitely it’s fair.

It was more about the email they sent regarding it was my 13th offer with no acceptance.

I’m offering lower than they’re asking if I feel what they’re asking is higher than what I believe it should be. If that means I get a lot of rejections so be it, eventually 1 seller starts negotiating which could turn into a purchase.
Honestly I’d look at another broker

Yeah, I think the board sponsor is doing what it can to inflate people’s perceptions of pricing because they are sitting on a lot of contracts they personally own and need to unload. I guess it’s possible their resale pricing data reports are accurate for their own sales because they only sell to people willing to pay above average prices.

I guess it’s possible their resale pricing data reports are accurate for their own sales because they only sell to people willing to pay above average prices.
Which begs the question: since all the other brokers can read those reports just as easily as we can, and can "see" that the board sponsor is selling contracts at higher price points than they are, why are the other brokers not following suit and aligning their prices with the board sponsor? Would they rather just leave money on the table?

I mean, as they say, a rising tide lifts all boats. 😉

Which begs the question: since all the other brokers can read those reports just as easily as we can, and can "see" that the board sponsor is selling contracts at higher price points than they are, why are the other brokers not following suit and aligning their prices with the board sponsor? Would they rather just leave money on the table?

I mean, as they say, a rising tide lifts all boats. 😉
This is not legal advice (and I’m not sure if you’re joking or not) but what you’re describing is criminal antitrust conduct (price fixing). Beyond that, based on my dive through the recently recorded deeds, I don’t think they are actually selling many contracts at those prices. Many brokers who aren’t holding several thousand points (and motivated sellers) would rather sell for X/point today than X+10 points in 2-4 months.

Galactic Reversal---$150-$21922-135-PVB-Dec-135/22, 135/23, 135/24- sent 4/13

I'm new here, but have been following this thread and found it extremely helpful when pricing contracts and submitting offers. Thanks everyone!
Galactic Reversal---$150-$21922-135-PVB-Dec-135/22, 135/23, 135/24- sent 4/13, passed 5/23

Our family is so excited to close on our first contract! As the waiting seemed to drag on I distracted myself by pulling some of the historical data from these threads and cleaning it up for analysis. For now, I've put together a simple website with some charts on ROFR wait times:

dvcrofr.com

I've spent a lot of time looking at pricing trends by resort as well and hope to add that in the future. Hope some other geeks find it helpful!

Galactic Reversal---$150-$21922-135-PVB-Dec-135/22, 135/23, 135/24- sent 4/13, passed 5/23

Our family is so excited to close on our first contract! As the waiting seemed to drag on I distracted myself by pulling some of the historical data from these threads and cleaning it up for analysis. For now, I've put together a simple website with some charts on ROFR wait times:

dvcrofr.com

I've spent a lot of time looking at pricing trends by resort as well and hope to add that in the future. Hope some other geeks find it helpful!
Cool, thanks!! Would love to see pricing trends by resort!

This is not legal advice (and I’m not sure if you’re joking or not) but what you’re describing is criminal antitrust conduct (price fixing). Beyond that, based on my dive through the recently recorded deeds, I don’t think they are actually selling many contracts at those prices. Many brokers who aren’t holding several thousand points (and motivated sellers) would rather sell for X/point today than X+10 points in 2-4 months.
I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort, I never mentioned or even implied any sort of price fixing or collusive behavior.

My point was, if you are to believe that one broker consistently sells contracts at prices significantly higher than other brokers selling the exact same product, then you'd also have to believe that those other brokers are going realize that fact or become aware of it (as in by reading a published "report") and raise their prices to match the market. They aren't going to sit around watching the guy across the street consistently sell the exact same product at higher prices. If I see you selling doohickies for significantly higher than I am, yet still maintaining your market share, I'm going to raise the price of my identical doohickies as well. If Broker A is getting $125 PP for SSR, Broker B isn't going to tell his clients to ask for $100 PP for their SSR points, he's going to suggest to them that the market will support $125 PP and list accordingly. That's not price fixing or collusion, it's adjusting prices to match the market. The market will always reach equilibrium.

Since that isn't the case, then either the board sponsor is artificially inflating their reported sales numbers, or selectively reporting their sales, or the other brokers are simply idiots who are happy leaving money on the table.

Last edited:
Since that isn't the case, then either the board sponsor is artificially inflating their reported sales numbers, or selectively reporting their sales, or the other brokers are simply idiots who are happy leaving money on the table.
Got it…completely agree with this analysis— sorry I missed your implication the first time! I don’t think the DVC market is perfectly efficient, but I agree other brokers (and sellers!) would raise their prices if they could sell them at higher price points. I saw something concerning on these boards (maybe this thread) where a certain broker was basically refusing offers that would have been better slightly for the seller than their own internal buying price—like why would you advise a seller not to take an offer that gives them more money than the offer you are making them? Maybe brokers in FL don’t have a duty to look out for seller’s best interests? 🤔

FWIW, based on my experience in April buying VGF and again this last week…I do think other brokers look at the “average sale price” numbers that come out and try to price their listings accordingly…but some end up negotiating down pretty quickly. I suspect they have to tell the clients they tried but also know it isn’t actually a market clearing price.

So, you're saying the broker made mention that you have made 13 offers, with no acceptance? I (and I think others) read your original post to mean there had been 13 offers made on that contract, and none had been accepted.

That seems like a wholly unnecessary and unconstructive comment for them to make.
My response would have been something along the lines of: “Based upon the tenor and tone of your email, you can be assured that my 13th offer will be my last.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter