• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really interesting. A few weeks ago there were two BWV contracts that were exactly the same, listed for $131 and $133. I made an offer on both of them, got countered at $129 on the first, and then the agent let me know the second one was the same owner, so doubtful they'd go any lower. Both contracts were BW2****. Actually, looking back on it, she got back to me with the counter in 6 minutes, which would be really fast if it had been an another seller.
that makes sense.

I just recently ( ~ 2 weeks ago) made an offer on a BLT 200 point contract that has been for sale for over 6m listed at 179pp. They countered my offer at 140pp but that was still more than I wanted to pay. What I am surprised at is that even though they were willing to sell at 140pp the listing price is still at 179pp. You would think they would drop it to 160pp or 150pp just to get more offers. They might even get an offer over 140pp, if it is priced too high people may not even bother to make any offer at all.

Last edited:
Oh man - I didn't even know they could resell them as fixed weeks. Goo score!
Once it is sold as a fixed week contract, then it has to be resold that way. There's no way to change that, but you don't see fixed weeks come up all that often.

Once it is sold as a fixed week contract, then it has to be resold that way. There's no way to change that, but you don't see fixed weeks come up all that often.
Yeah, only the last 4 or 5 resorts even allow fixed weeks and amongst those few resorts it’s a trivial percentage of points that actually are fixed weeks.

The good news about buying a fixed week resale is that if you don’t care that it’s a fixed week, you can just take the extra 10% in points all the time.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-april-2023/

have we truly turned a corner or are we still headed for rough waters? What do you think?

Bahhaaa, No. I love how at $130 average comment leads directly into the buy up of all the GCV contracts which certainly skews that average. I would be lucky to get $108 for my SSR contract right now, actual price is about $95-$100. The market is not turning just static because people aren't willing to negotiate.

Let’s see what the Fidelity April average sales prices look like first. But I’d be surprised if prices change meaningfully (either way) between now and September, unless Disney turns on the ROFR machine again, other than the unique situation at VGC.
I appreciate the way Fidelity breaks down sales data on the size of the contract. Small contracts will drive the average up for sure.

jlnten17---$135-$61895-425-PVB Fixed Week-Dec-0/21, 225/22, 425/23, 425/24-2 contracts 219+206- sent 5/5
Unfortunately this would not surprise me if DVD didn't exercise ROFR just to get rid of this December fixed week contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter