ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned from this board how to identify the listing the the sponsors owned (thanks a million to those members!), and that's why some of those listings will never come down to even close to lowball price. Once I learned that, I put those listings on the bottom of my list, and I would have re-considered them if there was nothing else that sparks my interests. I was still hopeful but just didn't put a priority on them.
i had no idea. how can you tell if the listing is broker owned?

As I have learned this from the board, if this is incorrect info, someone please feel free to correct me.
I don't know about any other brokers, but for the sponsors listings, apparently if they start with a # 2 like AK2....they owned those listings.
good to know, thank you!

I have learned from this board how to identify the listing the the sponsors owned (thanks a million to those members!), and that's why some of those listings will never come down to even close to lowball price. Once I learned that, I put those listings on the bottom of my list, and I would have re-considered them if there was nothing else that sparks my interests. I was still hopeful but just didn't put a priority on them.
I'd encourage you to low-ball them. Nothing beats trolling the board-sponsor with unicorn offers! They may even offer to educate you.

RachStu---$90-$20355-200-BRV@WL-Dec-200/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 5/4

Having bid on every Dec BRV contract which is currently listed we finally got one via https://www.dvcresalemarket.com

The contract was newly listed yesterday for $110 per point. I have been offering $80 pp for most other listings, but they didn't have the 2022 points. I decided to offer $85 for this one. The seller countered at $93 and we reached final agreement at $90.

The contract was newly listed yesterday for $110 per point. I have been offering $80 pp for most other listings, but they didn't have the 2022 points. I decided to offer $85 for this one. The seller countered at $93 and we reached final agreement at $90.
You got one!! I have an accepted at AKV and later that day had a great option for CCV. Had to think for a few hours, but kept the AKV. Wasn’t much listings for me to try and get a nice BRV.

Would you be so kind to share that info?

Oops, just saw the answer. Thanks.

Having bid on every Dec BRV contract which is currently listed we finally got one via https://www.dvcresalemarket.com

You landed one!! Yay Congrats!!
Great strategy and you really got a great deal with those '22 points! With those bonus points, you're pretty much almost at $80! :thumbsup2 Very happy for you!

As I have learned this from the board, if this is incorrect info, someone please feel free to correct me.
I don't know about any other brokers, but for the sponsors listings, apparently if they start with a # 2 like AK2....they owned those listings.
That's really interesting. A few weeks ago there were two BWV contracts that were exactly the same, listed for $131 and $133. I made an offer on both of them, got countered at $129 on the first, and then the agent let me know the second one was the same owner, so doubtful they'd go any lower. Both contracts were BW2****. Actually, looking back on it, she got back to me with the counter in 6 minutes, which would be really fast if it had been an another seller.

MommaKetch---$137-$52012-350-BCV-Feb-0/22, 700/23, 350/24, 350/25- sent 5/4

It was listed at $155. The seller accepted within 3 hours of me making the offer and told the broker to “tell the buyer that today is her lucky day!" This leads me to believe they considered this a lowball offer and had likely received and turned down similar offers. I know it's more than what I've seen pass for BCV, but it is precisely what I was looking for. My kids will be in their teens and twenties through 2042, and Crescent Lake is where they'll want to be. As well as myself :earboy2:

May the force be with us all.

* Edited for clarity

Last edited:
That's really interesting. A few weeks ago there were two BWV contracts that were exactly the same, listed for $131 and $133. I made an offer on both of them, got countered at $129 on the first, and then the agent let me know the second one was the same owner, so doubtful they'd go any lower. Both contracts were BW2****. Actually, looking back on it, she got back to me with the counter in 6 minutes, which would be really fast if it had been an another seller.

Lol...counter at $2 pp less

It is possible, especially if the agent texts the seller? I can't confirm if that information is 100% true, but when I matched it to my experience, it made sense. I put offers in for 2 separate listing, first one was with the #2, second one without. The first one, the counter was very close to listing price, like $3 lower I think? The second one, the listing price was already a lot lower than the average , but the counter was still another $8 lower.

But at least they countered right? LOL!
LOL, except I have a strange story. Last month, I first bid on a contract at the board's sponsor, $19pp below asking, and they told me that it was already sold. I bid similarly on another contract; we came to an agreement and I'm currently waiting on ROFR. But I still kept my eye on the original one, and it was at least a week later before its status changed from "Available" to "Offer Accepted" and then "Sale Pending".

I'm wondering if it wasn't sold when I made my offer, and if this was a "polite" way of telling me that they wouldn't accept an offer that low. But not knowing anything for sure on my end, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt that it may have been in limbo of an offer accepted by email but contract not signed, and then someone backed out.

LOL, except I have a strange story. Last month, I first bid on a contract at the board's sponsor, $19pp below asking, and they told me that it was already sold. I bid similarly on another contract; we came to an agreement and I'm currently waiting on ROFR. But I still kept my eye on the original one, and it was at least a week later before its status changed from "Available" to "Offer Accepted" and then "Sale Pending".

I'm wondering if it wasn't sold when I made my offer, and if this was a "polite" way of telling me that they wouldn't accept an offer that low. But not knowing anything for sure on my end, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt that it may have been in limbo of an offer accepted by email but contract not signed, and then someone backed out.

I would have given them the benefit of the doubt that they forgot to change that listing status to "Offer Accepted", because they are swamped and there are just offers being accepted left and right, but not because the contract wasn't signed yet. There was one contract, I almost went to a bidding war for it, but I decided to pass on it, then within an hour, that listing changed to "Offer Accepted". We will never know! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter