Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

Um, I would just like to point out that for some reason, I have TWO ROL reservations in MDE. One for 4:00 and one for 4:05 on the same day....now we know darn well that the system won't even let you do that. They both have different reservation numbers too. I'm going to keep my eye on it, but I don't dare cancel either right now. Weird. It wasn't like that after I booked yesterday.

Since your staying CL, did you supply a list to DSS? Or if you spoke to them indicate you were looking for a ressie? Its possible they made note of it and when ressies became available they booked it too?

Ack! I want October 1st but it is looking like it wont open tomorrow. :badpc:

Geez when will October open.:headache::faint:
I looking or the same, I need the 1st week in Oct. Hoping to get at Tiffins ROL package for Oct 5, Would love to know when these will become available to book. I guess I will have to check everyday, until they become available. I don't think they offer as many ROL packages for Tiffins as they do for Tusker House.

I had to take an earlier dinner then I wanted for 8/26 due to no other times being avaliable. This morning I tried out letting my original time (non ROL) go and seeing if it would open that time up on the ROL package and it did!! Yay!! Now I got the exact time I wanted! Question though, what time is the show in the summer? I have a 4:30 on my ADR and a 5:45, is the 5:45 going to be to late for the cut off? Or if it show up on the ROL package am I safe?

I had to take an earlier dinner then I wanted for 8/26 due to no other times being avaliable. This morning I tried out letting my original time (non ROL) go and seeing if it would open that time up on the ROL package and it did!! Yay!! Now I got the exact time I wanted! Question though, what time is the show in the summer? I have a 4:30 on my ADR and a 5:45, is the 5:45 going to be to late for the cut off? Or if it show up on the ROL package am I safe?
I have been trying for the middle of August and there is nothing available.

I have been trying for 8/6 and 8/7 - with no luck yet :(

I assume it will become available at some point soon ...... but no one seems to know when :(

I just hate having to check everyday and I'm afraid the one day I forget is the day it will come up!

Thank you soooo much for this! I was able to do the same for my 8:10 reservation at TH and got it with the river of lights. yay! Awesome!

Since your staying CL, did you supply a list to DSS? Or if you spoke to them indicate you were looking for a ressie? Its possible they made note of it and when ressies became available they booked it too?

I did all of my reservations myself, except for ROL because it wasn't available. I booked ROL through DSS. It's just weird!

I did all of my reservations myself, except for ROL because it wasn't available. I booked ROL through DSS. It's just weird!
Looks like you have this cleared up, but to confirm - DSS can add ADRs at the exact same times as any ADRs you already have. They've done so for me a couple times. However, I feel your trepidation with canceling, and I agree. I called them and had them cancel the one I no longer needed. That way if the system somehow canceled both, I could "put it on them" and "force" a reservation.

Looks like you have this cleared up, but to confirm - DSS can add ADRs at the exact same times as any ADRs you already have. They've done so for me a couple times. However, I feel your trepidation with canceling, and I agree. I called them and had them cancel the one I no longer needed. That way if the system somehow canceled both, I could "put it on them" and "force" a reservation.
I have 2 ROL reservations within and hour and a half of each other. Don't you need typically 2 hours between ADRs? I booked them both myself. Not sure if there is just a glitch in the system allowing it for everyone or not.

I have 2 ROL reservations within and hour and a half of each other. Don't you need typically 2 hours between ADRs? I booked them both myself. Not sure if there is just a glitch in the system allowing it for everyone or not.
I'm sure someone on the boards is an expert, but I recall the time frame being 65 minutes. Essentially you could book an ADR @ 5:00pm and another @ 6:05pm on your own.

A positive note about DSS: I emailed them last night, informing them I was able to book ROL for my group @ 4:40pm, but that we were hoping for 5:30pm. Today they emailed back and gave me a time at 5:40pm. I wanted to post so others that are using DSS would know they can be helpful in securing some ADRs.

I'm sure someone on the boards is an expert, but I recall the time frame being 65 minutes. Essentially you could book an ADR @ 5:00pm and another @ 6:05pm on your own.
That must be it then. I have a 4:25 and a 5:45. I thought it was longer then that. As soon as I know what the summer show times will look like I can drop one!

Yeah, when I get a moment, I will call them and cancel one. I feel bad holding two spots! But, I didn't do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter