• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing that the May 1 date is inaccurate (apparently, they're still not firm on when exactly they want to start dining packages), but I can tell you a soft preview is probably coming sooner rather than later. Nothing really new I know, but I thought I'd just pass along what I heard.

I'm hearing that the May 1 date is inaccurate (apparently, they're still not firm on when exactly they want to start dining packages), but I can tell you a soft preview is probably coming sooner rather than later. Nothing really new I know, but I thought I'd just pass along what I heard.
At least most of the stories line up. This is what I have heard as well.

In this case he was referring to the fact that Rivers of Light doesn't make use of any other current or past Disney characters, etc. as part of the show - it's a completely original show compared to say Fantasmic, which is full of characters and scenes from movies, etc. I think someone prior to that had suggested maybe Lion King was part of Rivers of Light - which led to the comment about there being no IP attached to the show.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I keep seeing the word tossed around and couldn't figure it out. hmm...I don't know if I would care for just some show of animals jumping around. The fun of the shows to me is recognizing your favorites.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I keep seeing the word tossed around and couldn't figure it out. hmm...I don't know if I would care for just some show of animals jumping around. The fun of the shows to me is recognizing your favorites.

Many here (not me) consider the downfall of Epcot the infusion of IP that's happened over the last 20-30 years. Epcot for instance started out with a strict "No characters" policy. The slow shift away from that has led to a possible Guardians of the Galaxy ride in a supposedly educational park.

As another point, many of the early rides at Disney weren't based on IP. Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain, and Soarin' are all examples of non-IP attractions. The last non-IP attraction built in a US Disney park is Expedition Everest. Many folks (and this time I'll include myself) think it's a mistake for Disney to be so focused on IP.

Do you think this is up and running fully by Easter week? I'm still thinking with the cuts we aren't seeing this until April or May 2017 especially if they think that Avatar will be up and running at that time. If this actually happens, I may buy two or three day Park hoppers instead of UOR/Sea World Tickets to see this.

Do you think this is up and running fully by Easter week? I'm still thinking with the cuts we aren't seeing this until April or May 2017 especially if they think that Avatar will be up and running at that time. If this actually happens, I may buy two or three day Park hoppers instead of UOR/Sea World Tickets to see this.
I am fully confident this show will debut before the end of the year.

I just received this email from Disney...

"There has been an unexpected change in the operating schedule of an attraction or show during your upcoming Walt Disney World® visit. Your FastPass+ selection for Kali River Rapids from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on 12/03/2016 is no longer available. As a replacement, a new selection was made for Kilimanjaro Safaris from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on 12/03/2016."

Now maybe it is just complete wishful thinking but I really hope I am correct... but could my FP+ have been changed because of Rivers Of LIght???? Fingers crossed! :D There are still FP+ available for earlier that day for Kali River Rapids (I just checked :p ) so there is technically no reason for changing mine! Rivers of Light is my theory and I'm sticking to it!! lol

Now maybe it is just complete wishful thinking but I really hope I am correct... but could my FP+ have been changed because of Rivers Of LIght???? Fingers crossed! :D There are still FP+ available for earlier that day for Kali River Rapids (I just checked :p ) so there is technically no reason for changing mine! Rivers of Light is my theory and I'm sticking to it!! lol

Is there any reason (other than wishful thinking, which I completely understand!) why Kali would be cancelled for Rivers of Light? I agree, whatever the reason, that seems strange that they would cancel this far in advance for a partial day closure.... (is it possible that AK will close early that day for a party, or something?)

Is there any reason (other than wishful thinking, which I completely understand!) why Kali would be cancelled for Rivers of Light? I agree, whatever the reason, that seems strange that they would cancel this far in advance for a partial day closure.... (is it possible that AK will close early that day for a party, or something?)

Not really any reason it would be cancelled for ROL, just having fun 'pulling at straws' here lol
(They rescheduled our FP for the same time at KS so I doubt that the park is closing early)

Not really any reason it would be cancelled for ROL, just having fun 'pulling at straws' here lol
(They rescheduled our FP for the same time at KS so I doubt that the park is closing early)

Reports of 7DMT issues with FP being pulled on party nights as well over on the MVMCP thread. Perhaps a system issue not related to ROL?

there was some days that fp+ was being offered well past the posted closing time. I think they are finally fixing the system that was allowing fastpass later than the park was opened.

Not sure if it's been spotted before, but rivers of light is now showing up in the entertainment area of my Disney experience. "Coming soon!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter