***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

I think Disney has done a wonderful job catering to all the guests. And I'm sure all the cms are exhausted too. Some of the guests do seem to be getting antsy & my DH saw two kids riding skateboards thru the main lobby at BWI, which has to be a safety hazard. But all in all it hasn't been bad, two days being lazy isn't something I can complain about.

Poly update 6:30 - branches and trees being carted away. Oasis pool open, other one not yet. Pools at Floridian both open. Buffet at Ohana and 1900 park fair - 20 bucks. Activities going on in lobby for kids. Quick service places and shops all open. Pretty much back to normal. Amazing customer service - staff members have been outstanding!
I have appreciated this thread very much over the past two days. Thank you to everyone and have a great rest of your stay. We are off to animal kingdom tomorrow and then Mickeys Halloween party :)

What are they serving in the food court at Pop? We are at AoA and wondering if they have something different at Pop.

Pizza, burgers and fries, nuggets and fries, fresh sandwiches, pasta with chicken or meatballs.

Anything different at AoA?

Cape May is $15/person (including kids).
Express buffet means you fill a box but don't get refills.

There were no crab legs, but it was delicious! Salmon, beef au jus, Salisbury steak and mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, pasta with sauce, mac n cheese, carrots, green beans, Caesar salad, potato salad, bread, chicken nuggets, French fries, and about 6 dessert options.

Last edited:

I have appreciated all of the posts here. We left on Thursday and I couldn't help but think of everyone there through the storm. Glad that everyone is safe and that it sounds like most at the resorts were able to have a bit of fun. I am so impressed by the cast members.

Anyone here to go to AK DVC Moonlight Magic Wednesday night?

We went to the one last Wed. night! It was great!!

One coming up.

We went last week, too. It was great! FOP never got below 55 minutes, but everything else was a walk on (including NRJ). We ate a little food and joined in a dance party with Mickey and Minnie in Dinoland. We didn't wait for any characters, but stopped to watch others meet a few.

If I can get there, and they have it, I'm going (I'm scheduled to fly in Wed mid day). Waiting & watching to hear about flights & MCO, and confirmation the event is happening (I'm mostly assuming it will, since they are opening the parks tomorrow)

It was my understanding that these events were "sold out". Didn't want you to get your heart set on it if you don't have tickets ahead of time.

So good to read things are getting back to normal. We leave Thursday from Atlanta. My only concern now is making sure we can find gas.

Price fix menu over at the boardwalk. Ample hills is also open

Attachments

• IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 191

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter