Richard Petty Driving Experience $59 ride along.

My daughter bought this last Christmas for her fiance to use during their honeymoon in Orlando in June. He absolutely loved it! :thumbsup2

Be warned though, he can't wait to go back when they can afford it for the driver's package! :rotfl2:

Thanks for posting this. Am I reading this right that it can only be redeemed after Jan 1? We leave Dec 31st! Phooey!

Another racing option is the two seater for the Indycar experience at Disney. It's a converted open wheel car and the speeds are slightly higher at the track than the Nascar experience. I don't know if they're running a competitive offer at the moment, though, but I rode in one of the two seaters alongside normal traffic and at 40 mph and that low to the ground it is a rush you'll never forget.

We would do it during our next trip but won't have time.

This is great. I was thinking of doing this for my dad for a Christmas gift. We will be in Orlando at the same time in January. I was having a hard time spending over $100 though. This is perfect! sold!!

Dawn

Here is the fine print:

The $59 Holiday Ride-Along offer is available for purchase online at www.1800bepetty.com, by calling 1-800-BE-PETTY, or at track. This offer is not valid for use at Indianapolis, Daytona, Las Vegas Ride Tour, special Race Weekend Ride-Along Events or for corporate purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer. A maximum of ten (10) $59 Holiday Ride-Alongs can be purchased per household. The $59 Holiday Ride-Along will be delivered in the form of a monetary Holiday Ride-Along gift card valued at $59. The $59 Holiday Ride-Along gift cards can be redeemed starting Jan. 1, 2010. Sales tax will be due at time of redemption in applicable locations. Holiday Ride-Along Cards can instead be used as a monetary gift card toward the purchase of a Driving Experience or souvenir merchandise. Any total purchases (including sales tax, program upgrades, etc) which exceeds the monetary value of the card will be due at time of redemption. Prices subject to change without notice. Holiday offers expire Dec. 31, 2009.
so it has to be purchased by December 31 but it cannot be used before January 1. And if sales tax is due (which is probable for Florida) it will be collected when the card is used.

I bought these for DH and DS 3 yrs ago for Christmas. They never expire. We used them in OCt and DS, 16, said it was awesome.

worth every cent to see his smile

I don't understand the rules....it says that you can buy for $59 however, if it is more, you pay the balance. So, it is 59 or 109? Where are you guys seeing the dates? We will be there the first week of February....

I don't understand the rules....it says that you can buy for $59 however, if it is more, you pay the balance. So, it is 59 or 109? Where are you guys seeing the dates? We will be there the first week of February....

I know what you mean, and we wondered about that last year when I showed it to my daughter.

Basically, she paid $59, and they sent a nice gift card. When they were in Orlando in June on their honeymoon, they presented the card and that was it. I'm nearly sure they didn't pay any additional taxes either, but I can't guarantee that (and she's not where I can call her right now). They did wind up buying one of the professional pictures that were taken, but that's the only other expense they had. And he LOVED it! :thumbsup2

ETA: By more, it may mean you can upgrade to the driving package and pay the difference. I do know that they didn't have any trouble using theirs at all (they were there between June 7th - 14th).

Thanks for this info. Just told my wife of te desire for Santa to bring me a ride-alond. We are there until Jan 5th, so I hope to be able to use the holiday cert the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter