Review of Mangino's at SOG - Great

katallo

DIS Veteran
Mangino's is a hidden treasure. It was one of our best meals. Great food and service. Shades of Green has really done a nice job of remodeling. There were six of us and we all had a good meal. We started with calamari which was excellent. My eggplant was perfect - rich but not too heavy. My DH had the manicotti which he loved. Salads were fresh and they had a nice wine selection. We had two teens with us and they created a special pasta dish for them. If you enjoy Italian food, please try it. They take reservations but you have to call Shades of Green rather than the PS line.

Did anyone try dessert? :p LOL! I'm so glad to hear such positive things about a SOG restaurant. Really wanting to be able to enjoy eating on site. We did enjoy several different meals at the Contemporary - but I wasn't thrilled with Boatwrights at POR. Did you eat at the Garden Gallery? I am wondering about the 'themed' buffets - and the breakfast, too! Thanks!
:grouphug:
Denise

Momof6 said:
Did you eat at the Garden Gallery? I am wondering about the 'themed' buffets - and the breakfast, too! Thanks!
:grouphug:
Denise

We did the Garden Gallery breakfast buffet last year. It was quite extensive, and had more than enough to keep our family fed. The best part was that juice/milk are both on the buffet, so there was no need to order separate drinks (six glasses of juice can really add up price-wise, especially for grown men for whom 6 oz. is just one gulp!).

I ordered an a la carte breakfast one morning (wasn't hungry enough for the buffet) and it was also prepared very well.

Sorry, no one tried dessert but they looked great. We didn't try Garden Gallery. We actually stayed at the WL so just visited once. We will definitely return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter