• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return to the Scene of the Crime: The Lurkyloos’ First Anniversary at WDW! New VIDEO!

Gee, I haven’t run into anyone from the Internets in pages and pages – how about Bobbie & David? They got married the day before we did and had a reception at Italy Isola that looked like a lot of fun. A few days before this trip, I discovered that they were having their anniversary dinner at Narcoossee’s right around the time we’d be there! So just a few minutes after we were seated, they were shown to a table nearby and we finally got to meet in person and take a picture together.

If you can believe it, Bobbie is even more beautiful in person than on the Internets!
photo-35.jpg

David is very DIS-savvy and knew all about trip reports, the Weddings & Honeymoons board, and the various abbreviations. He commiserated with DH about the whole “DH” thing. Bobbie and David are so much fun to talk to – we probably could have spent our whole evening standing by their table chatting. Fortunately for them, our waiter distracted us by waving personalized menus under our noses, and we left them to enjoy their romantic anniversary celebration without the Lurkyloos looming over them.

CARRIE,
it was great meeting you guys also! Thanks for the very sweet words! Maybe next year we can all plan to meet for dinner together!!

That Patrick sure is a good dancer! I love that video and it makes me smile every time!

So, DBF just submitted the request for his conference in SoCal (San Diego again). We'll see if he gets approved. It could mean... Party at Carrie's!!! (Okay, well I really meant hanging out at DLR with you guys...) Keep you fingers crossed for me!

Whohoo! Dole Whip, here we come! :banana: Oh wait - we don't know if he got approved yet. OK, Dole Whip, hang in there.... :lmao:

great job coming up with his own Matt-inspired dance!!!!!!!!! So great.........

P.S. If you are gonna leave me a surprise......how bout tucking it in a secret location that is not horse doots??????????? :confused3 maybe secret CAKE instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

Good thinkin'! :rotfl:

I love the dancing video, too. What fun.

However, to celebrate when the vomiting was over we went to WDW, and my first trip on-site.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the end of vomiting than going to WDW. :cutie: Unless you're Patrick, in which case you celebrate going to WDW by vomiting! :rotfl2: (Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

That video was Fantastic! So, so funny! I died watching the segment from Japan!:rotfl:

I think you have the most awesome, funnest husband ever!!!

I agree! ;)

CARRIE,
it was great meeting you guys also! Thanks for the very sweet words! Maybe next year we can all plan to meet for dinner together!!

Hi Bobbie! That sounds really fun - I hope you guys had a great anniversary at WDW! :flower3:

That Patrick sure is a good dancer! I love that video and it makes me smile every time!

:woohoo: <----- That's his personal dancing DIS smiley.

I pretty much love Patrick. So funny! You two compliment each other beautifully! Subbing to the May PTR! <3

I'm still reading your previous TR, but I just wanted you to know that I didn't get through the first page without literally snorting! You are too funny.

Loved your wedding TR too.

Keep up the good work.:goodvibes

I suck! I am so far behind. I am catching up now, and filled with questions about entries you posted over a month ago, like "What the heck is Superman ice cream and why didn't you get it?"

I loved the tour of Celebration. I want to live there! Running into gators in your backyard can't be any scarier than some of the things I've come across in the back alleys of West Philadelphia.

Are you still looking for Utzes? I believe they're made around here...what a perfect reason for you to visit the glorious city of brotherly love!

Reading about poor Patrick's vomitous tour of WDW and DL, I am reminded of the fateful 2002 Food and Wine fest when I vomited all over Germany in the pouring rain thanks to my mother insisting I try a sample of wine from every kiosk we passed. That's a magical memory right there.

I agree the decor of a treehouse villas leaves something to be desired. Other than the cool stone floor in the bathroom, it's not exciting enough for me. There should be woodland murals in the bedrooms! And animatronic monkeys in the kitchen!

Ooooh, milk choco-covered oreo drizzled with chocolate and cookie crumbs. I am kicking myself right now for trying the gingerbread mickey instead on my trip to Goofy's. What made me think I could eat that thing? It was as big as my head and almost as dense.

I was sorry to see the destroyed viking ship in Norway last month too. What inspired them to hack it to pieces, anyway?

My mother is on Facebook too! And waited months to send me a friend request. Hmmmph. :snooty: I see your book is on Facebook too - now I can be an official fan!

The surprise Attic brunch is unbelievable! What a treat, even if you were already Spoodlestuffed. I love how you took pictures of the empty room and contrasted them with people filling the rooms during your wedding (although I admit I cringed when you showed an empty picture of the toilet stall, worried about what the next pic would be!).

Your anniversary dinner at Rose & Crown also looks delightful - and those glasses that let you see mickey heads when you look at the fireworks - I WANT. They sound so freakin' cool. The cake was gorgeous and you looked gorgeous too!

Thank you for the info on RiffTrax - I can't believe they have one for Jurassic Park featuring Weird Al! I must download this.

Your conversation between Globe, Lamp and Barge is hilarious.

Wheee elephatty!!! I saw a whole bucket of his bretheren in Epcot Japan and thought of you. I even took a picture, which you will get to see if my mother ever figures out the complicated process of burning my photos to CD and sending them to me so I can get started on my darn TR.

Oh noez, your TR is over already! I can't believe I missed so much! I do love the picture of your angry kitty telling you about how he spent his time while you were gone.

I also love the video of Patrick dancing - he is a fine dancer, that man. And I love that you have a new PTR started where we'll get to read about all the magical super special Passporter events, which I plan to follow along with in a timely fashion!!

Awesome video!!!! :worship:

Nobody said anything to you? I think I would've been joining in for fun! :goodvibes

I agree! I loved your TR, and the video was just the icing on the cake - pun intended! ;)

I would have SO JOINED IN with Patrick! Love it!

Looking forward to reading your PTR and TR for the solo trip! :yay:

Ok, I leave for a few days, and when I come back it's OVER?? :headache:

Although, I did love the video - especially Patrick looking mildly annoyed as people walked by in Japan :rotfl:

What was his favorite "country"? How does he afford such travel? ;)

(The FAQs on the original guy's site are hilarious).

That video was a riot...although Patrick did not have to dance quite as long as Matt did!! ;)

We just got back and decided since we didn't get to go to Epcot because of the kiddos, we just booked a weekend trip for Memorial Day w/e...just the 2 of us. We haven't taken a couple trip since we adopted Max, so I am psyched....but I digress.....when we go to Epcot, we will have to do a little jig in recognition of your husband's bravery!!

cheryl

I pretty much love Patrick. So funny! You two compliment each other beautifully! Subbing to the May PTR! <3

I pretty much love Patrick too! :cloud9:

Also, whohoo! Thanks for subscribing!

Back from vacation and all caught up. :)

Hi there! :wave2:

I just wanted you to know that I didn't get through the first page without literally snorting!

Hope you weren’t drinking milk at the time! :rotfl:

I suck! I am so far behind. I am catching up now, and filled with questions about entries you posted over a month ago, like "What the heck is Superman ice cream and why didn't you get it?"

Because, silly, it is not chocolate! :thumbsup2

Are you still looking for Utzes? I believe they're made around here...what a perfect reason for you to visit the glorious city of brotherly love!

Really? :banana: I luuuurve the ridged sour cream and onion kind. Guess it’s off to Philly for me!

Reading about poor Patrick's vomitous tour of WDW and DL, I am reminded of the fateful 2002 Food and Wine fest when I vomited all over Germany in the pouring rain thanks to my mother insisting I try a sample of wine from every kiosk we passed. That's a magical memory right there.

Oh my. I can’t decide if the fact that it was raining helped with the clean-up or made it worse....

There should be woodland murals in the bedrooms! And animatronic monkeys in the kitchen!

This should pretty much be required of EVERY Disney accommodation.

I saw a whole bucket of his bretheren in Epcot Japan and thought of you. I even took a picture, which you will get to see if my mother ever figures out the complicated process of burning my photos to CD and sending them to me so I can get started on my darn TR.

Eeeeeeee! :hyper: Can’t wait to see it!

I agree! I loved your TR, and the video was just the icing on the cake - pun intended! ;)

I would have SO JOINED IN with Patrick! Love it!

I’ll put you on the casting sheet for the next video! :cutie:

Ok, I leave for a few days, and when I come back it's OVER?? :headache:

I wondered where you were! But didn’t you like getting to see the whole rest of the story all at once?

We just got back and decided since we didn't get to go to Epcot because of the kiddos, we just booked a weekend trip for Memorial Day w/e...just the 2 of us. We haven't taken a couple trip since we adopted Max, so I am psyched....but I digress.....when we go to Epcot, we will have to do a little jig in recognition of your husband's bravery!![

That sounds like SO much fun! I wish we could do weekend trips. Where are you staying?

I wondered where you were! But didn’t you like getting to see the whole rest of the story all at once?

Yeah... but I had like 8 pages to go back through :rotfl:

Turns out you posted the final day ON the day I left! :rolleyes:

Carrie, I'm usually at WDW during the first of May, except this year :(
I'm going at the end of May, this year. Figures huh?

I just read this whoooole report in less than a day (I did have to break for naps) and now I'm going to go back and read your past reports because holy hell you two look like so much fun.

Also, I've decided that you can feel free to plan a trip in the second week of August so I can stalk you. Or I'll just let you know whenever we get around to planning our trip to the Land and you can stalk us, if you are so inclined.

Carrie....we too are returning to the scene of the crime as they say...we have a bunch of DVC points, so we will be at Old Key West to just soak up the sun and relax...and do a little jig..;)

cheryl

Awww it's over. :sad2: That video is hilarious!! :lmao::lmao:

We'll miss you by a few days in May.

LurkyLurkyLooLoo!! Greetings from over the 'Big Pond'! :flower3:

I stalked around on your Wedding TR and can't belive I missed this one!

Thank you SO much for keeping me from the washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning etc for the last two nights. Would you mind going to WDW about every 6 weeks please?

Take care hun x

Yeah... but I had like 8 pages to go back through :rotfl:

Turns out you posted the final day ON the day I left! :rolleyes:

My humblest apologies, dear traveler! :flower3:

Carrie, I'm usually at WDW during the first of May, except this year :(
I'm going at the end of May, this year. Figures huh?

Aw poop. But hey, there's always.... DISNEYLAND!!! :cool1:

I just read this whoooole report in less than a day (I did have to break for naps) and now I'm going to go back and read your past reports because holy hell you two look like so much fun.

Also, I've decided that you can feel free to plan a trip in the second week of August so I can stalk you. Or I'll just let you know whenever we get around to planning our trip to the Land and you can stalk us, if you are so inclined.

Whohoo! Why not both? First, you convince my DH that we need to go back in August. Then, let me know when you are coming to Disneyland and we will give you our patented tour of the place (hope you like dessert!). :rotfl:

Carrie....we too are returning to the scene of the crime as they say...we have a bunch of DVC points, so we will be at Old Key West to just soak up the sun and relax...and do a little jig..;)

cheryl

That sounds sooooo fun! Have a jig for Patrick, will ya? :banana:

Awww it's over. :sad2: That video is hilarious!! :lmao::lmao:

We'll miss you by a few days in May.

Aw, nuts! But just think, when you get back, there might (*might*) be a trip report started for you to read!

Would you mind going to WDW about every 6 weeks please?

No problemo! :thumbsup2

Just send gobs of money to:

Lurkyloo
c/o Disneyland
U. S. of A.

:rotfl2:

Whohoo! Why not both? First, you convince my DH that we need to go back in August. Then, let me know when you are coming to Disneyland and we will give you our patented tour of the place (hope you like dessert!). :rotfl:

Tell him he'll have a barfing partner, J can't keep a meal down to save his life. And, desserts? Are you kidding? All those dessert pictures were the best part of this report!

My humblest apologies, dear traveler! :flower3

It's ok - you just need to stop having so much fun :rotfl:

(Or else, take me with you next time ;))

Although, I do live about as close to DL as you do. And we're going later this month, so I don't really have a valid complaint :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter