Restaurants Discontinuing Items...

McD's also had large salads in the 80s. My family would grab the burgers and I'd get a chef salad. Was pretty good. Wendy's use to have the large salad bar.

Wait...is Encharito gone? Wow, I didn't even know. I loved that!
That was probably my favorite thing they ever did. You can still get an Encharito at some franchises by ordering a smothered burrito with seasoned meat minus the sour cream and add the red sauce instead of the sauce that comes on it.

The Local Favorite breakfast at McDonald's in Hawaii is my favorite breakfast ever - scrambled eggs, rice, and Spam/Portuguese sausage. You can't get it on the mainland. :(

Not at McDonald's, but there's still love for it on the mainland. Depending on where you live you can find places that serve that like L&L or independent places. I don't think cooking up the Spam or eggs to order would create too many issues, but what would McDonald's otherwise do with steamed rice?

There's this Hawaiian style breakfast buffet in Vegas. The last time I tried it, the cost was about $5. They had Portuguese sausage, but no Spam. I think if they had unlimited Spam, they'd be losing money even worse than their current loss leader.

The one thing that has been discontinued around here (then brought back) is garlic fries. I don't particularly like the way McDonald's does it though. There's something that just doesn't work right. The fries should be thicker to go with garlic and olive oil. At McDonald's they just end up soggy.

I get enchiritos all the time. They aren't discontinued.

I'm still mad Togos discontinued their taco salads. It's been a few years no, but I will send them occasional emails/facebook messages asking them to bring them back.

They are NOT on the menu and haven't been since 2013. Some franchises will still make them by substituting out the meat and sauce on a smothered burrito and eliminating the sour cream.

Don't do this to me @low-key :( . Now you've got me pining for Chi Chi's chili con queso and seafood enchilada and fried ice cream. No authentic Mexican food ever came close to being as good as their schlocky fake stuff was! :thumbsup2

Oh, this was my favorite meal at ChiChi's - you named it perfectly. Fond memories of high school, girl's night out to ChiChi's. I loved their food.

Taco Bell drives me crazy with stuff they discontinue. Two latest ones I liked were the Quesolupa and the Double Chalupa.

Arby's had this delicious sandwich not too long ago - Angus 3-Cheese and Bacon. They totally changed it. Not the same at all. That was a really good sandwich.

We still have snack wraps and bagel breakfast sandwiches at our McDonald's.

They are NOT on the menu and haven't been since 2013. Some franchises will still make them by substituting out the meat and sauce on a smothered burrito and eliminating the sour cream.

2013? Wow, I guess I just don't go to Taco Bell as much as I used to. Hmm, you know, that's probably for the best.

We ate at PF Chang's a handful of times when we had business on that side of town. Good Dim Sum and Chengdu Lamb that was delicious! Got it every time. Then they took it off the menu. Haven't been back.

I had a $50 gift card and I gave it to the mailman.

Here are some discontinued items. Note that some of them, I'm more than happy to see go.

1. The McLobster. Pieces of junk lobster in a hot dog bun. That was totally rank. They still have it on occasion regionally.

2. The Super Bar. Wendy's. They discontinued it because it was tough to both keep it stocked and do their regular menu.

Some McDonald's in southern Delaware and southeastern Maryland used to have "crabcake" sandwiches. I suppose it was real crab and not surimi fish paste (aka "Krab"), but it was very low quality and probably had a ratio of 5% stringy crabmeat and 95% breading and other fillers.

I used to like Wendy's Super Bar. Cheap and filling. But I wasn't surprised when it was discontinued. Very labor intensive. And besides, it often looked like crap with 15 minutes of it being stocked and cleaned. People were pigs. Bits of lettuce and other veggies in the dressings. Spilled french dressing in the ranch. People used the same spoon for the taco meat and sour cream. Stuff all over the floor, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter