Restaurant for dinner

Tracy Pratt

Earning My Ears
hello :) we will be at Aulani in may of this year..yipee! My daughter recently lost her 20 day old son due to a genetic disease that they didn't know about until a few days after his birth. I really want to plan a nice dinner for her and my Sil while we are there. We are already dining together at AMA AMA..suggestions for something different for them or do AMA AMA again?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that. AMA AMA is pretty nice but since you're already doing that, I hear Roy's is supposed to be great. It's across the street at the golf course. The Marriott and Four Seasons have some good dining options as well.

I haven't been yet; I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your family's loss. I hope you can find some peace and healing of your trip. :rose:

I am so sorry for your daughter's loss. If you want a fancy restaurant (like AMA AMA) I would suggest looking at the Four Seasons restaurants. We were there in June '16, (when it first opened) and loved the Asian inspired restaurant "La Hiki". The menu is eclectic but really tasty. Also check out the Italian restaurant "Noe". Both restaurants are just next door and an easy walk from Aulani (2 minutes).

The Marriott (a 10 to 15 minute walk) has Longhi's Restaurant. I have not eaten here yet, but you can look at reviews on Yelp. And directly across the street (5 minute walk) is Monkeypod. It serves "farm-to-table" upscale local dishes in a more casual setting.

I am so very sorry about your grandson. I cannot imagine. I hope that your upcoming trip together provides some welcome distraction and healing time.

I haven't been to many restaurants around the area to provide recommendations. We did make it to Monkeypod and enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. It was definitely more casual, food was delicious - if they are in the mood for a more laid back dining experience, it was great for grabbing a drink and relaxing, people watching, chatting.

Thank you everybody. I am hoping that all of us can have a good time and that my daughter and her husband can spend some quality time with each other. They have an almost 5 year old and an almost 3 year old and I just want their family to have a well deserved amazing vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter