Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

Wow at getting into Nine Dragons without an ADR - was this a recurring theme throughout the trip? If so am sure DH would love to go without a plan again! :lmao:

Apart from the shrimp toast all the food looks and sounds delish!

I knew this would happen! I have made sooooo many changes to my ADRs and thought I was finally set. Nine Dragons is one that has been on and off my list. I thought it was officially off but now I am rethinking.

Ugh, you're killin' me, Nicki! :upsidedow :rotfl:

And your reviews have only just started! :rolleyes:

After our midday at DTD we went back to the POFQ to unpack and unwind a bit. We figured, or I should say Todd figured we would go to Epcot because there is always tons to eat there. I was fine with that because I wanted to meet up with Megan (Tinkerbelle_325) and she was going to be in Epcot that night.

We hopped a bus (by the way, the buses at POFQ are fantatic! Only had to share with POR twice and the buses were never full...another huge plus for the POFQ!) and away we went to the place of mulitiple dining options...that is if they have any openings because WE didnt have reservations, did I mention that little fact already?

When I made the mistake of asking what was for dinner the conversation went a little bit like this

Todd: I want Chinese

Me: Ok you get that and I will get something in Morocco

Todd: Nah, lets do the restaurant again

Me: Are you insane? You were so sick the last time we went there, why would we go back

Todd: Cuz I wanna

Me: What are you 5? Well thats fine, we are never gonna get in anyways

Todd: We shall see (again, channeling Yoda)

Over to Nine Dragons we go, basically I am stalling and he is power walking ahead. Its just about 6pm and by some Disney Miracle we get right in. And I am in shock and remind the CM that we are asking to get in for dinner tonight and to make sure there isnt some kind of mistake. And DH's chest puffs out like "Thats right, I'm da man" kinda thing.

Todd: See there Nicki Negativity, we got right in without a reservation

Me: Thats because Nine Dragons is icky

Todd: But look inside, there are alot of people eating so how bad could it be?

He was right, again. The place was very busy but they were taking walk ins and I did remember how much we liked the ice tea and the banana egg roll dessert so at least I could fill up on that :lmao:

The first thing we decided on is we would NOT get what we had the last time. The second thing was to order the jasmine ice tea...this is the best thing ever, so cold and light and refreshing, I could not stop drinking it!

DisneyMay006.jpg

Todd's appie was the chicken wonton soup. This was very good and not salty at all. I wish I ordered it as well but at least he shared...a little ;)

DisneyMay007.jpg

I made the mistake of ordering shrimp toast...normally I love this and you rarely find it on menus around here so when I see it I pounce. It doesnt come with a sauce but the server said it was very good with the sweet and sour sauce....she was wrong because nothing could make this dish good. This was terrible. It was soooo greasy and not much flavor to it at all. Now I was getting a bit worried about the rest of the meal :idea:

DisneyMay010.jpg

For his entree Todd chose the honey chicken, this was amazing! So light and crispy and not greasy at all, nothing by white meat and tons of it. With both of us munching on it we still couldnt finish it. Would def get this again.

DisneyMay013.jpg

Instead of white rice he subbed fried rice (at an extra cost) and he enjoyed it much more than plain rice

DisneyMay014.jpg

My dish was the pepper shrimp with spinach noodles. I asked the server if it was black pepper or red bell pepper and she said both as well as cilantro so I told her to leave off the red bell pepper and the cilantro, she said that was fine but there was alot of garlic in there too...thats cool as I love me some garlic. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this dish and could not stop inhaling it! When Todd finally squeezed his fork in there he knew why I loved it so much...."Nic, this is more like Italian food than Chinese!" Yes he was right, it was so much more like Italian but I didnt care, I ate every single bite that was on the plate and I was a very happy girl! There was plenty of shrimp in there and they were cooked perfectly, lots of garlic and pepper but not spicy and the linguini was just al dente and delish!

DisneyMay017.jpg

On to dessert...or so we thought. The menu no longer offers the banana egg roll thing and neither of us wanted ice cream so we left. When we walked out the door the line was sooo long and they were telling walk ins that he wait was 40 minutes. To this the husband remarks "they should have made a reservation"

If you want to knock him out I dont blame you...I wanted to as well! :laughing:

I text Megan and we were on our way to meet her before she went to dinner at Via Napoli. She is a wonderful person and after so many missed times that we were in WDW at the same moment we finally had the opportunity to chat and it was awesome! Megan, cannot wait to see you again!

And with that I heard the rumble from down under...it was the Stomach Of Todd and it wanted sweets..NOW!

Hey Nicki!!

Glad you guys had a great trip and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your "reservation-less" dining experiences.

I am SOOOOO happy that we finally got to meet! You and Todd are wonderful people and so easy to talk to! I'm looking forward to seeing you again too! Are you guys planning to go for F&W in Oct?

LOVING the reviews so far - our first trip was without reservations (because we were WDW newbies and had no idea we needed them ;) ) by the end of our trip I would have kidnapped Mickey and held him to ransom for a plate of veggies.

I nearly fell over backwards laughing when I read WHERE Todd wanted to eat! :lmao:

But your review puts Nine Dragons back on the map! Thank god I have not started serious planning yet. ;)

LOVE the review so far! I am so in - but may get a little behind over the holiday weekend!
Your reviews are great!
BTW - we had an awesome experience at Nine dragons with DD (when she was 2.5) in 2009. Food was very tasty, service awesome and the servers went out of their way with DD - getting her kids chopsticks and her own rice bowl etc....

I found myself wandering over to KatMark's PTR and found out you were on a trip, but that couldn't be because Nikki always does a LIVE report!!! Then to find out no ADRs LOL!! I couldn't wait for you to get home and get started!!! And what a great start!!

Loving your reviews, can't wait to see how the entire trip panned out!

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Nine Dragons! I was worried when I saw where you ate, since I know what a horrible meal you had there last time, but I'm glad it was so much better this time. :goodvibes The one time I've been there I had that honey-sesame chicken too, and thought it was good, but I can get the same thing at home for much cheaper, so I've never bothered to go back, especially with all the other wonderful Epcot options, but maybe I'll get around to it someday.

You have great luck at meeting other DISers! Aside from you, I've only met one other.

And that shrimp toast does just look greasy and no good. :sick: At least the rest of your meal was much better.

i'm 4 pages late :headache: can you believe they actually made me do work the past 2 days?? i am soooooooooooooo glad you liked nine dragons. we really liked it there and i know it was one you didn't. next time get the egg rolls for your appy!! dave is newly obsessed with EOS... i think it's a guy/sandwich thing--i wanted cookes of dublin, but it was pouring and i compromised. how do they always get their way?? i could take it or leave it.

well i'm here! i work till 8:30, then grocery, then i'm starting my report tonight as promised!!

I'm in! A little late but I love your reviews, can't wait to read more.

We always skip 9 Dragons and I remain a little unconvinced, but it's nice to know if we ever ended up there that there were a few things you enjoyed.

Ok Todd is just lucky no ADR and no wait :rotfl:

I have never been to Nine Dragons, it is one we skip since I drag DH to our local Chinese place about every week :laughing:
If I were to say chinese during a Disney trip he would freak :rotfl2:

My DH's dream would be a trip with no ADR's, but I'm pretty sure that will never happen as long as he is married to me! :rolleyes1 I'll see how it all plays out for you first. Who knows...maybe you will change my mind. ;)

Here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That honey chicken looks sooooo good!!! So does the wonton soup!! Can you tell I'm hungry??? Can't wait to read more, no ADR's sounds like challenge but something tells me Todd worked endless magic throughout this trip. He has a nasty habit of doing that now doesn't he??? :rotfl::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter