Reservation Issues

samara

Mouseketeer
Last night, the perfect reservation for Oga’s popped up on my reservation finder. I immediately logged in and went through the steps, but when I got to the final “reserve” button, it came back with a message that it couldn’t complete. I was bummed, but assumed that someone got there faster than me. And then it happened again this morning. Then I went in and tried to reserve a lunch at Rainforest Cafe through the regular search feature. On the website, I got the same error message. On the app, I got a message about a conflicting reservation so I didn’t get that far. There is a conflicting reservation, for a different set of two in our group. Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve? I am currently on hold with Disney, but the wait time is more than 2 hours!

It just happens sometimes, and I'm not sure why. I'm going to make up a term and call it a phantom reservation. It pops up occasionally, but can never be booked. This has been happening for years, just another delightful glitch on the journey of Disney dining.

Unfortunately system glitches are not uncommon. I've seen the "sorry for the paws" screen far too often. As for the conflicting reservation issue ... if you made the other one from your account, even if you put two other names on it, the system counts it as yours. So another member of your party would need to create an account and make a reservation for that same time frame.

I’m trying to book reservations today for my August trip (I’m at the 60 day mark) and I have no luck even though it shows my resort reservation days as being available to book. It’s very frustrating. Same as you- I see the time click and then get a “can not complete”.

I’m trying to book reservations today for my August trip (I’m at the 60 day mark) and I have no luck even though it shows my resort reservation days as being available to book. It’s very frustrating. Same as you- I see the time click and then get a “can not complete”.
If you're trying on a mobile device, try on a laptop/desktop instead. My ADR day was week before last and the app was a disaster but I was able to book on my laptop using the website.

Yep I’ve had this happen and at first I thought the spot was already taken, but the next time I logged in myself directly on another device and it was still there and I grabbed it. Sometimes the link works though so I try that first.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I went ahead and called (two hours on hold - thank goodness for my AirPods😀) and they were able to override the conflicting reservation issue and get lunch at Rainforest Cafe for my son. DH and I will be much happier with our Skipper Canteen reservation😂.

I'm glad you got your reservations. I decided today that we should eat at Homecomin on our Disney Springs day, which is 8/3, 59 days from now. I played around with the reservation system with times and number of guests (we're a party of 5) until I finally got several lunch times for a party of 8 (but only 8, not 7) to pop up. However, they won't consistently come up when the same search is ran. Took about 5 or 6 taps of the search button to get any times to come up. Makes me wonder how many available ADRs are still hiding in the reservation system.

I'm glad you got your reservations. I decided today that we should eat at Homecomin on our Disney Springs day, which is 8/3, 59 days from now. I played around with the reservation system with times and number of guests (we're a party of 5) until I finally got several lunch times for a party of 8 (but only 8, not 7) to pop up. However, they won't consistently come up when the same search is ran. Took about 5 or 6 taps of the search button to get any times to come up. Makes me wonder how many available ADRs are still hiding in the reservation system.
You might find it easier to make Disney Spring reservations at www.opentable.com. Simplifies my life allowing me to make those reservations first and save the WDW ones for the wonky app. Easy enough to change times around if needed.

If you're trying on a mobile device, try on a laptop/desktop instead. My ADR day was week before last and the app was a disaster but I was able to book on my laptop using the website.

This. It has happened so often, I don't even TRY the app on the first day I can make ADRs. Strictly computer.

Be sure that you are logged in if you using the website. It's not always apparent that you are not truly logged in. If you go to the "MyDisneyExperience" link on the top right, it will force you to login, if you aren't. Also, I have to use an incognito window sometimes.

You might find it easier to make Disney Spring reservations at www.opentable.com. Simplifies my life allowing me to make those reservations first and save the WDW ones for the wonky app. Easy enough to change times around if needed.

Excellent advice and I have used OpenTable to make reservations in the past, but Homecomin is only bookable through Disney. I guess because of it's popularity?

Excellent advice and I have used OpenTable to make reservations in the past, but Homecomin is only bookable through Disney. I guess because of it's popularity?
You know what? I forgot they aren’t listed at open table!
Certainly popular but soon after opening, Mr. Smith gave an interview stating he doesn’t “believe“ in the business model that the site espouses.
I suspect his restaurant is getting a financial concession from the mall’s landlord since it isn’t inexpensive to use opentable by the listed restaurants and the site has a great track record.
Whatever the reason the fried chicken sure looks crispy.

You know what? I forgot they aren’t listed at open table!
Certainly popular but soon after opening, Mr. Smith gave an interview stating he doesn’t “believe“ in the business model that the site espouses.
I suspect his restaurant is getting a financial concession from the mall’s landlord since it isn’t inexpensive to use opentable by the listed restaurants and the site has a great track record.
Whatever the reason the fried chicken sure looks crispy.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I can't imagine what could be wrong with their business model.

I've wanted to eat there since it opened, but it just never worked out on previous trips. I hope it's as good as everyone says.

You can call Homecomin’ directly and book over the phone in advance of 60 days.

I haven't tried, but I've read that lately they have not been accepting reservations by phone. Worth trying though. However I have a 12pm ADR for 8 people. I went ahead and booked it, though the app won't let me modify it. I assume DS restaurants have the same policy as Disney owned restaurants - if I show up with less we won't be charged.

And if anyone thinks I'm taking a slot from a party of 8, there are still more prime lunchtime spots open for parties of 8 on the site, just have to keep searching until they finally pop up, maybe five to eight searches. That's on 8/3.

Last edited:
Hmmm, that's interesting. I can't imagine what could be wrong with their business model.

I've wanted to eat there since it opened, but it just never worked out on previous trips. I hope it's as good as everyone says.
There are so many good eateries at Disney Springs you just have to make a choice and save the others for a different time. Still haven’t eaten at Homecomin’ but there is similar types of restaurants in Harlem so we've left eating there to another time as well.
Enjoy your forthcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter