Reservation Changes Advice

MagicalMawMaw

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone knew the answers to a few questions on a booked package for me.

We booked a bounceback package with deluxe dining & hoppers for AKL last December. It is just for my husband & I. November 11th, next week is our payoff date ... so it's coming down to maybe needing to make some changes soon.

He doesn't think he can get the complete week off now. If it ends up he can't is it possible to change this reservation so we don't pay for his dining & tickets the complete trip. Or would we need to just remove the dining from the package for both of us?

Or if we shortened the trip for both of us can we do that without losing the bounceback discount?

Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

I appreciate any input as we are trying to figure out what to do before we call disney.

If this needs to be posted in a different area please feel free to transfer it to another place. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knew the answers to a few questions on a booked package for me.

We booked a bounceback package with deluxe dining & hoppers for AKL last December. It is just for my husband & I. November 11th, next week is our payoff date ... so it's coming down to maybe needing to make some changes soon.

He doesn't think he can get the complete week off now. If it ends up he can't is it possible to change this reservation so we don't pay for his dining & tickets the complete trip. Or would we need to just remove the dining from the package for both of us?

Everyone on the reservation has to have the same package components, so if you remove dining for him, it will be removed for you as well. Same goes for tickets as everyone has to have the same number of days, but you can book those for the number of days he will be there and then upgrade yours after arrival if you are staying longer.

Or if we shortened the trip for both of us can we do that without losing the bounceback discount?

You can modify your existing reservation, but only if the new nights are available under the BB. It used to be easy to drop nights, but Disney has changed that and the shorter stay must now be available in order to modify.

HTH :)

The res CM's will have to put you on hold to so they can get Guest Services to look for availability for an expired promo. Your entire new stay has to be available to book fewer nights now.

If not available, keep your existing res and modify your park tickets to fewer days, then add days to those people staying longer when you get there. If keeping the dining plan it does have to be for the entire stay and all people on the reservation, but those credits for when he isn't there can be used by anyone in the room, they are not tied to a specific person. Maybe a couple of extra Signature places to use the credits?

Just alert ME for his separate arrival or departure dates so his airport rides are lined up. He can be in the room for a shorter stay, the rest of you can stay longer. I'm assuming it's more than just the two of you and the rest of the party would like to stay the original dates?

Thanks for your answers.

We called today to see what they could do for us. If they could drop the first 2 days & we keep the discount bounceback price we were going with that.

Otherwise, I would fly in by myself & keep the package as it is ...as at regular price it's such a small drop in price for dropping 2 days off.

We got ahold of a super nice CM & she quickly checked into it. We were able to keep the bounceback discount & drop the 2 days. Was pleased with the customer service!

Of course, this afternoon I've tried to shift ADR's & FP+'s around. I had a pretty perfect setup before but finally was able to come up with a decent plan. Was even able to get toy story FP+ on a workable day later in the week. We will just have to try Sanaa & a few other restaurants on a later visit sometime. It won't be an relaxing a trip as I planned because now our resort time is cut 2 & 1/2 days - leaving just 3 & 1/2 days total to do everything I want to do.

Thanks for your answers.

We called today to see what they could do for us. If they could drop the first 2 days & we keep the discount bounceback price we were going with that.

Otherwise, I would fly in by myself & keep the package as it is ...as at regular price it's such a small drop in price for dropping 2 days off.

We got ahold of a super nice CM & she quickly checked into it. We were able to keep the bounceback discount & drop the 2 days. Was pleased with the customer service!

Of course, this afternoon I've tried to shift ADR's & FP+'s around. I had a pretty perfect setup before but finally was able to come up with a decent plan. Was even able to get toy story FP+ on a workable day later in the week. We will just have to try Sanaa & a few other restaurants on a later visit sometime. It won't be an relaxing a trip as I planned because now our resort time is cut 2 & 1/2 days - leaving just 3 & 1/2 days total to do everything I want to do.

Glad everything worked out. Have a great trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter