Rented points, can't access MDE, owner doesn't respond - what now?

This story has a happy ending.

I got a private message from a member of the DIS Boards who prefers to remain anonymous. This good Samaritan had some points that were about to expire and made me a gift of them, complete with confirmed room reservations. We'll need to change rooms during our stay, but the accommodations (Beach Club and AKV Savanna) are better than what I originally booked (AKV Standard).

And I heard from the original owner, whose DVC contracts have been foreclosed. The owner had mislaid my address and promised to send a refund. (I so informed my good Samaritan, who insisted on going through with the gift.)

My faith in human nature is restored.

Thanks to all who offered sympathy and suggestions.

(I was able to link my new rooms and the park tickets on MDE and make FastPass+ ride ressies. I missed out on Mine Train and one or two others -- my fault for not starting this whole process sooner -- but I got decent times for most of what I wanted to do.)

This totally restores my faith in humanity. What a wonderful end to the situation, and it's great to know that there are truly good people out there. Hope your holidays are amazing!

Thank you to all who made me smile in the midst of chaotic Christmas time, especially to the giver of the trip - you are lovely.

Glad this ended as it did. The DIS boards is a great way to rent out points, and I would hate to see it sullied by a few irresponsible renters.

I just happened to stumble upon this post and I have to say that everyone on here is so nice. It's really amazing that someone would just give away points to use, because another person was irresponsible. I'm very happy this turned out well. But with that being said If that happened to me, and the seller ignored me and I found out he was foreclosed on, we would have ourselves a serious miss understanding. Any way god bless the person who was so generous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter