Rented points, can't access MDE, owner doesn't respond - what now?

The OCC (Orange County Comptroller) site is fascinating. I was able to see that my owner had bought and sold points simultaneously on the same day... several times. (Is that a normal type of transaction?) I don't think I can tell from that site whether this owner still has any points.

On the bright side, there's still plenty of availability for our dates at both Disney and non-Disney hotels. And rental car rates are lower than I thought they'd be.

I would absolutely book a reservation that could be cancelled without penalty right now.

I hope it all works out. As for the multiple contracts on the same day, there are separate entries for deeds, mortgages, etc., so the ones on the same day might be all part of the same transaction.

I would agree with PP and secure a cash reservation somewhere that you can canx, so that you have something until you sort this out. What I don't understand is your tickets. The DVC owner would not have access to your MDE, so the tickets should be there. I would definitely call tech services. DD's ticket and AP were in someone else's name once on my MDE, despite her having used it.

Last edited:

I don't understand how you rented points in Jan, as the farthest out a DVc reservation could be is December. If your reservation is past December, then the DVC owner had not secured a reservation at the point you rented points. I would agree with PP and secure a cash reservation somewhere that you can canx, so that you have something until you sort this out. What I don't understand is your tickets. The DVC owner would not have access to your MDE, so the tickets should be there. I would definitely call tech services. DD's ticket and AP were in someone else's name once on my MDE, despite her having used it.

The OP says the reservation is for the week before Christmas.

thanks for clarification. Good luck OP. Do check with WDW tech about MDE and tickets. Maybe there is some explanation that relates to your reservation also (hoping).

This story has a happy ending.

I got a private message from a member of the DIS Boards who prefers to remain anonymous. This good Samaritan had some points that were about to expire and made me a gift of them, complete with confirmed room reservations. We'll need to change rooms during our stay, but the accommodations (Beach Club and AKV Savanna) are better than what I originally booked (AKV Standard).

And I heard from the original owner, whose DVC contracts have been foreclosed. The owner had mislaid my address and promised to send a refund. (I so informed my good Samaritan, who insisted on going through with the gift.)

My faith in human nature is restored.

Thanks to all who offered sympathy and suggestions.

(I was able to link my new rooms and the park tickets on MDE and make FastPass+ ride ressies. I missed out on Mine Train and one or two others -- my fault for not starting this whole process sooner -- but I got decent times for most of what I wanted to do.)

This story has a happy ending.

I got a private message from a member of the DIS Boards who prefers to remain anonymous. This good Samaritan had some points that were about to expire and made me a gift of them, complete with confirmed room reservations. We'll need to change rooms during our stay, but the accommodations (Beach Club and AKV Savanna) are better than what I originally booked (AKV Standard).

And I heard from the original owner, whose DVC contracts have been foreclosed. The owner had mislaid my address and promised to send a refund. (I so informed my good Samaritan, who insisted on going through with the gift.)

My faith in human nature is restored.

Thanks to all who offered sympathy and suggestions.

(I was able to link my new rooms and the park tickets on MDE and make FastPass+ ride ressies. I missed out on Mine Train and one or two others -- my fault for not starting this whole process sooner -- but I got decent times for most of what I wanted to do.)

What wonderful news! Happy for you and I hope that the generous DISer who was so kind to you will be blessed by others. I just love happy endings. Thanks for posting.

I'm so happy for you and I think it's a marvelous thing that people so nice like the person who helped you exist!

I am so happy this turned out so well for you.
And bless that wonderful fairy godmother diser who helped you in your time of need.

Very happy for you and thankful for the generous gift from your anonymous benefactor.

Thanks for sharing the outcome with us and hope the refund arrives soon, too.
:disrocks:
:disrocks:

Did you figure out how your tickets got unlinked from MDE?
I didn't worry about it, since I was able to link them the other day with no problem. The only thing I can think of is that they were unlinked when my DVC ressie was canceled. Some person or computer may have figured that we weren't coming after all. That doesn't seem fair (the tickets were still valid tickets, and for all WDW knew, I could have booked a room off property), but I think it's possible. As I said, I'm not going to worry; all's well that ends well.

I didn't worry about it, since I was able to link them the other day with no problem. The only thing I can think of is that they were unlinked when my DVC ressie was canceled. Some person or computer may have figured that we weren't coming after all. That doesn't seem fair (the tickets were still valid tickets, and for all WDW knew, I could have booked a room off property), but I think it's possible. As I said, I'm not going to worry; all's well that ends well.

Tickets have no tie in at all to reservations other than when purchasing a package. My guess is that you actually hadn't linked them.

Tickets link to people
Resort reservations link to people
FP's link to people (with tickets)
Dining reservations link to peopl

Restores my faith in humanity. All we hear about are the rotten apples in this world and seldom the quiet good people who really make a difference in a positive way. Pay it forward is best thank you you could give to person who helped you. Merry Christmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter