Renaissance at Seaworld - how does a 2 queen bed room fit 5 people?

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
Hi there.

I'm dream planning a vacation and I was checking out Renaissance. When I type in my party size (2 parents and 3 kids who are apparently now all adults according to theme parks!) I get offered a 2 queen bed room. The details on the site are sketchy about where I'm putting my 5th "adult". The only thing I found for sure is that there are 2 queen beds and "no cots allowed". So, where is the 5th person going?

Any insight is appreciated.

Hi there.

I'm dream planning a vacation and I was checking out Renaissance. When I type in my party size (2 parents and 3 kids who are apparently now all adults according to theme parks!) I get offered a 2 queen bed room. The details on the site are sketchy about where I'm putting my 5th "adult". The only thing I found for sure is that there are 2 queen beds and "no cots allowed". So, where is the 5th person going?

When I looked at their website under 2 Queen Bed room description says ...

Beds and Bedding​

Maximum Occupancy: 5
2 Queen
Rollaway beds permitted: 1
Cribs permitted: 1
Maximum cribs/rollaway beds permitted: 2

It’s been several years, but we stayed in a two-queen room on the outside (not overlooking the atrium). I remember the room was actually pretty big. I think it did have a small couch, not a pullout but maybe big enough for a smaller child to sleep. We did get a rollaway, which was full size, and there was still plenty of room. It’s a great property, but pay attention to the resort fees and parking costs.

We stayed at the Renaissance a couple of weeks ago. There was no sofa but definitely plenty of floor space for a rollaway bed. If that’s what the description mentions, I’d say that’s how they’ll accommodate all 5 in one room. One downfall; there are not many drawers, but on the plus side, the bathroom countertop is very long with double sinks. Have a great trip!

Hi there.

Since you are "dream planning" (which i love doing too) have you considered staying in a timeshare unit such as HGVC@Seaworld?

Thank you for the replies!

I still don't see the description that mentions rollaways allowed. I only see where it says cots not permitted. Admittedly the page is being testy with me so I don't doubt what you're all seeing.

I'm not even sure what this is but I'm off to investigate!
HGVC = Hilton Grand Vacation Club. I haven't stayed there YET but hope to one day. Based on YouTube videos and comments from here on DIS and other forums, I do believe it is an option worth looking at.

Hi there.

I booked a vacation package at Seaworld last month. 5 days. Hotel, park pass, dining, aquatica. All decent price. We stayed at Staybridge. 2 bedrooms. One bedroom with King. Other bedroom 2 queens. Kitchen and full breakfast. Walking distance to park. Bus to aquatics. Did door dash for food. Bonefish Grill next door. We didn’t have a car so this worked for us. Very enjoyable!

We are also a party of 5 and have stayed around SeaWorld several times this past year. We’ve not done Renaissance as it doesn’t seem our family would comfortably fit in the room. We have done larger suites at Staybridge and Homewood, which are just down from Renaissance. We like both - free breakfast, no parking fees, very walkable to SW. Hilton Grand Vacations is next to these and looks promising also!

We stayed at the Springhill Suites once, which was doable, but not our ideal. It does sleep 5, but all in the same room. It’s at the back of the park and a bit of a hike. Plus they charge parking, which feels dumb considering how much of a hike it is to the front gate.

Several of the partner hotels share a shuttle. Note that it’s a scheduled run and you need to reserve your spot. It’s not a continuous run like at Disney.

The rooms at the Renaissance are pretty large. You might be able to fit a roll away. It's a nice hotel and is very close to Sea World. Across the street pretty much. The only issue is after the Pandemic the restaurants have been spotty when they are open. But it has a nice pool. Warning if it's hosting a convention the parking lot will be busy.

I stay there twice a year for a conference. The rooms are the largest guest rooms in Orlando. The two queen rooms do not have pull out couches only the king rooms. You can get a roll a way. Last time I checked there was no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter