Reducing the Disney "Experience"

exactly what they want you'll be back at your resort taking a break and some one else will fill you spot :thumbsup2

and next year they go to Universal instead of Disney and don't plan on going back to Disney again for quite a while - instead of year after year as that have for the last 10-15 years.

and the person that fills her spot might come back again in for or five years..

So as a company do you want that person that comes back every year (or several times a year)....or the person that might come back in a few years

With all do respect, if you don't find magic in the things that I cited, but do find it in a trash can, you don't get it. As for giving more than what I expect, I still get it when I go. Sometimes it is from a CM going above and beyond, sometimes it's a magic shot I didn't know existed, on this past trip I didn't know about the midday dance party till a photog was taking a pic of us and told us to hang around for 5 minutes, but showed us exactly where to stand. 10 minutes later, my kid was dancing with Woody and Jessie, a spontaneous, mind blowing event. The magic from the unknown still exists, it's just different.

Buzz, I do apologize for all of us who don't seem to get it.

What would really help us is if you would put together a list of all of the things that can be officially considered as part of the Disney Experience and that are truly magical.

Perhaps we could have it as a sticky so we can refer back to it.

Again, we're sincerely sorry that we've gotten off track by discussing those things such as previous standards of quality, portion sizes, spectacular events, entertainment options, attractions, whole guest areas like PI, etc., that are not on that Official Magical List.

I know ignorance is no excuse, but we just didn't know......

Viking ship went away due to alleged safety concerns . Yes, people did unsafe things, so it is plausible.

And when people abuse things, it is why we can't have nice things.

Not sure what they would have replaced it with.

What would really help us is if you would put together a list of all of the things that can be officially considered as part of the Disney Experience and that are truly magical.

Again, we're sincerely sorry that we've gotten off track by discussing those things such as previous standards of quality, portion sizes, spectacular events, entertainment options, attractions, whole guest areas like PI, etc., that are not on that Official Magical List.

:thumbsup2

I always wonder why a few people believe that their tastes should apply to everyone else.

and next year they go to Universal instead of Disney and don't plan on going back to Disney again for quite a while - instead of year after year as that have for the last 10-15 years.

and the person that fills her spot might come back again in for or five years..

So as a company do you want that person that comes back every year (or several times a year)....or the person that might come back in a few years

with all of your complaining ive yet to read any of the constant complainers say there never going back......:confused3....and Disney watches very closely at there attendance so if all these things that seem to keep coming up as major problems such as benches and napkins ect and the million other complants they get daily are those thing coming back?? nope.. so if everyone ponders on all the negative and the what use to be. it seems like they need to take a break from Disney and spend there hard earned money else where:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

with all of your complaining ive yet to read any of the constant complainers say there never going back......:confused3....and Disney watches very closely at there attendance so if all these things that seem to keep coming up as major problems such as benches and napkins ect and the million other complants they get daily are those thing coming back?? nope.. so if everyone ponders on all the negative and the what use to be. it seems like they need to take a break from Disney and spend there hard earned money else where:thumbsup2
Many of those who aren't going back don't post here any more. Why would they? Personally I'm on the fence. I'm trying to work past something that bothers me but I'm not sure that I will.

If attendance is affected it won't happen immediately. Those drop offs take time.

Viking ship went away due to alleged safety concerns . Yes, people did unsafe things, so it is plausible.

And when people abuse things, it is why we can't have nice things.

Not sure what they would have replaced it with.

Maybe that's the also the reason the park benches were removed! :rotfl2:

with all of your complaining ive yet to read any of the constant complainers say there never going back......:confused3....

Really...are we reading the same boards???
I've already said I'll be doing only Universal in future.
I've seen many posts of people saying their done.
Many people that were here for many years are gone...because they left and wont be going back...

Many of those who aren't going back don't post here any more. Why would they? Personally I'm on the fence. I'm trying to work past something that bothers me but I'm not sure that I will.

If attendance is affected it won't happen immediately. Those drop offs take time.

Exactly...if they are loosing the hard core repeats..and it seems to me they are..the it will catch up to them

Really...are we reading the same boards???
I've already said I'll be doing only Universal in future.
I've seen many posts of people saying their done.
Many people that were here for many years are gone...because they left and wont be going back...

Exactly...if they are loosing the hard core repeats..and it seems to me they are..the it will catch up to them

and only if those hard core repeaters =$$$$$$ they'll change

and only if those hard core repeaters =$$$$$$ they'll change
True. The trouble is that most people have never come to these forums. We have no idea how those people feel but I guess that time will tell.

Will they ever get rid of the Castle? Or meet and greets with the main characters? Or evening shows and parades? To me therein lies the magic. Not a talking trash can. Yes, I agree that they are cutting corners, yes it hurts to see, but no do I ever think a trip to WDW will have the magic of a trip to Six flags.

Well said- it's still plenty magical for us. Are we sad to see some things go? Sure but we're excited for what's to come and disney isn't getting any less magical for us because a talking trash can is taken away.

And when Disney replaces something like Off Kilter well, it may have been a favorite of yours but it WAS replaced by something ! Something that most people here will hate on before even seeing it. Get over it , favorite rides/attractions/acts get replaced .

Some would say that that still means that Horizons was replaced with nothing. :)

I expected something like that. ;)

Mission Space is certainly working out to be a misstep by WDW, but it's not due to lack of effort or skimping on the product. I hate that so many people physically react in such a way to it because it's really as well done an attraction as anything that exists in Epcot (and I'm always a little baffled that anyone finds it any worse than the Mad Tea Party, but I don't dispute it).

Whenever I see these threads and see so many old Epcot attractions or features given as examples, it makes me believe all the more that Epcot in the long term may be working out to be a failed experiment. The corporations and countries (or their representatives, like tourist associations) that Disney brings on board to financially support the park don't always stick around. Horizons used to be sponsored by General Electric but they pulled out. New companies/countries don't necessarily want to sponsor the same attraction that has become associated with someone else, so it's either torn down and replaced (like Horizons) or continues with Disney money & no sponsorship, often neglected and/or retrofitted to promote Disney properties (say hello to Nemo & Friends in FutureWorld and princesses and snow queens in the World Showcase!).

Just jumping in quickly to say that as a 15 year old, I loved the castle cake. And I have no shame about it. That is all.
;)

No point in mentioning the small changes - the masses don't care and will argue it is all change for the good - frozen food - frozen shows - frozen rides - lets rename it frozen showcase

Hahahaha - love this line.

I enjoy a good sarcastic retort. Everyone's magic is based on their own preferences. If a good portion size, a bench and a trash can is your thing, who am I to tell you otherwise. For me the magic lies in things I can't find at my neighborhood playground.

Personally my all-time #1 piece of Disney Magic was the MSEP, Spectromagic version. I still can't listen to the song without getting emotional. And, they replaced it. That one crushed me. Like swore off Disney for all of 6 months because of it. Then got over it and went back and had one of our most magical visits ever. My point is, on this site, when one of your favorite things may have been replaced, you have two options. Moan and groan about it, take to the internet to bad mouth WDW, put down other people's happy experiences and let it ruin your opinion of Disney or try to find something that brings you similar joy elsewhere in the parks. I prefer the latter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter