Recent trip could be our last for a long while.

I apologize for misunderstanding when you went.

I do find it hilarious that you think riding a Yamaha Mule is the same as a double stroller.

And I'm the one starting stuff when you're complaining about small children and disabled people being in your precious way. :rotfl::rotfl2:

Really now? You just dream stuff up in your head. I don't believe those words were ever uttered.

Really now? You just dream stuff up in your head. I don't believe those words were ever uttered.

Imma just leave this here:

"Too many ECV's;
Too many double wide strollers..."

I understand these things are bulky, but different families have different needs and you do not appear to be very empathetic.

One thing I really liked about SDL was the very wide pathways and lack of double wide strollers! I agree that those combined with ECV drivers who are inexperienced can make walking around the U.S. parks a nightmare sometimes!

Imma just leave this here:

"Too many ECV's;
Too many double wide strollers..."

I understand these things are bulky, but different families have different needs and you do not appear to be very empathetic.

Needs is the key word here.

Wow. Just wow. You get to decide what other families need. Ohhkay.

You just have yourself a lovely holiday.

If Disney said starting in 2017, no more double wide strollers will be aloud. All multi-child strollers must be front/back. Everyone would comply. There'd be a little belly aching, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

If Disney said starting in 2017, no more double wide strollers will be aloud. All multi-child strollers must be front/back. Everyone would comply. There'd be a little belly aching, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

LOL, they would never do that. Because then they would have to replace all of their own rental double strollers at great expense.

And sure, everyone would just go out and buy new double strollers for their Disney trips without it being a big deal at all.

For YOU. Again, no empathy. I'm through responding on this thread. You have a lovely holiday.

incredulous.gif

It wouldn't? LOL...what?

Um yeah that isn't happening. Those front to back double strollers are not as easy as the side to side. We tried with my nephews but the one behind just ends up kicking the one in front the entire time. There are posted rules for how big across a stroller, ecv, or wheelchair. There would be more than a little belly ache if Disney suddenly decided 2 across strollers are allowed. That would come from the bean counters at Disney itself when they have to replace the own strollers, the local vendors who make bank on stroller rentals, and guests who do not own a front to back double and don't want to own or rent one.

LOL, they would never do that. Because then they would have to replace all of their own rental double strollers at great expense.

And sure, everyone would just go out and buy new double strollers for their Disney trips without it being a big deal at all.
And just to add to this there are not that many front to back strollers. Disney as well as the rental companies would have to replace all of them. This is not going to change. In fact I am renting one for the first time in January. The only reason I hesitated was because of concern that I would get judged. But then I realized oh well. I will just be as respectful as I can and enjoy myself.

And just to add to this there are not that many front to back strollers. Disney as well as the rental companies would have to replace all of them. This is not going to change. In fact I am renting one for the first time in January. The only reason I hesitated was because of concern that I would get judged. But then I realized oh well. I will just be as respectful as I can and enjoy myself.

I only judge when parents use their strollers as battering rams. It hurts! ;)

More often than not, you see the flustered parent with a stroller at a standstill because crowds refuse to let them in.

My family came to the conclusion long ago those little umbrella strollers are the way to go; lightweight, foldable, and easier to push through a crowd. Obviously this doesn't cut it for large young families, though.

More often than not, you see the flustered parent with a stroller at a standstill because crowds refuse to let them in.

My family came to the conclusion long ago those little umbrella strollers are the way to go; lightweight, foldable, and easier to push through a crowd. Obviously this doesn't cut it for large young families, though.
We are actually going to do both this time around. I have a 6 year old and a 9 month old. Will be taking the umbrella but renting a double. Yes I know the 6 year old can walk but I am banking on them taking some naps in the strollers so husband and I can walk around and enjoy some 'alone' time

If that were the case, Disney and others would have rentals available.

ECV's too, wife can attest to that this past trip.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
--Yogi Berra​

More seriously, this is why we've been seeing different prices for single-day tickets for MK vs. other parks, seasonal pricing of those single-day tickets, and the expansion of Disneyland-style tiered APs with different blockout dates. I expect those trends to continue, especially in light of Iger's public comments that:

"We've taken a number of steps or made a number of steps to essentially grow revenue, in some cases, actually at the expense of some attendance where we're changing our pricing approach. Sometimes in part to moderate attendance so that the park experiences [sic] a little bit better but all designed with the effect of essentially raising revenue."​

http://seekingalpha.com/article/397...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

To the extent that strollers and ECVs are a "problem," I don't think there is a "solution." Likewise, the impact of FP+ increasing utilization of what used to be "lesser" attractions isn't going away---increasing their utilization was one of the MyMagic program's goals.

Have you seen what Disney charges for stroller rental? It's insane. And it would be even higher when they had to replace all their double strollers.

The prices of everything at Disney are insane. Disney knows exactly how much they can get away with charging for strollers, down to the penny. I seriously doubt they will re-tool and whole sale change out all of the double wides, but they could do it over a period of time, as they need replacing and eventually phase them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter