Recent experiences at Jiko?

We love Jiko and always request to sit at “the cooking place” which is the bar at the wood burning ovens where they make the salads and flatbreads. First off it’s fun talking to the chefs and watching them prepare the food and second your always getting good service because your sitting with 2 chefs LOL.
The wild boar and duck confit flatbread are excellent. I like ordering appetizers and sides and get a nice assortment

So when you check in, you would just request to sit at "the cooking place"? I'm guessing the earliest reservation would be best to increase chances of that?

So when you check in, you would just request to sit at "the cooking place"? I'm guessing the earliest reservation would be best to increase chances of that?
Yes when you check in ask to sit there. There are only like 5 or 6 seats but we have always sat there, have eaten there about 5 times and was always able to get a seat but we are early eaters like 6:30 and never saw it full by the time we left. I don’t think many people know you can ask to sit there or don’t like sitting at a bar (it’s not a bar that serves drinks it’s just a bar where they are making the salads and flatbreads. It’s in the middle of the restaurant and the chefs there will talk about what and where they have cooked, rides they like, everything and it’s so interesting to hear their stories as cast members

Yes when you check in ask to sit there. There are only like 5 or 6 seats but we have always sat there, have eaten there about 5 times and was always able to get a seat but we are early eaters like 6:30 and never saw it full by the time we left. I don’t think many people know you can ask to sit there or don’t like sitting at a bar (it’s not a bar that serves drinks it’s just a bar where they are making the salads and flatbreads. It’s in the middle of the restaurant and the chefs there will talk about what and where they have cooked, rides they like, everything and it’s so interesting to hear their stories as cast members
Awesome! Thank you!

One of my favorite restaurants on property. I know there’s talk of service, but I typically just ignore that commentary to be honest.

Most signature dining establishments at WDW have very high standards, which of course can always be missed. Food is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter