Rebooking while onboard

lulucornbread

DIS Veteran
Do they offer the same incentives every cruise to re-book or offer better deals occasionally?

It usually is 10% off and 10 % down. Plus an OBC depending on the length of the trip. It is very rare, but sometimes there may be a special depends on how a certain cruises are selling.

The only time I have seen anything other than the 10% off is when they were sailing from Galveston and having problems filling the ship. Then it was 20% off.

The 10% down now only applies to cruises 7 nights or longer.

Incentives changed last fall. Currently they are as follows (non-concierge)

* 10% off discount on fare for 3n or longer
* 10% deposit for sailings of 7n or longer
* $200 OBC for 7n or longer cruises, $100 OBC for 3n-6n cruises.

On board offer is good for 18 months from booking. This means, you may transfer this booking to another cruise provided you sail within 180 days from the original OBB. After that, you loose all the benefits.

Also, you may combine this with any travel agent OBC offers. You cannot combine it with any other offer such as the $50 Disney Visa OBC.

SORRY for the incorrect 180 days - lack of coffee...

Can you still book another cabin for a friend traveling on the same cruise as you are and have them get the OBB bonus?

... On board offer is good for 180 days from booking. This means, you may transfer this booking to another cruise provided you sail within 180 days from the original OBB. After that, you loose all the benefits. ....

Quoted part is not correct. Onboard bookings are valid for 18 months. You may change the date to another sailing, or change it more than once, but your trip must be completed within 18 months of the original (onboard) booking date.

Also, onboard bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 staterooms on a single cruise per address represented on the current cruise.

As to the original question...yes, there are sometimes other specials in addition to the standard onboard booking offer.

Enjoy your cruise!

Can you still book another cabin for a friend traveling on the same cruise as you are and have them get the OBB bonus?

You may book a maximum of 2 staterooms for the same cruise. Yes, you may put a friend in the 2nd stateroom and it will get full OBB benefits. However, if one of you needs to change travel plans to a different date, one will lose all benefits unless you both change dates.

Enjoy your cruise!

RE:
"Incentives changed last fall. Currently they are as follows (non-concierge)

* 10% off discount on fare for 3n or longer
* 10% deposit for sailings of 7n or longer
* $200 OBC for 7n or longer cruises, $100 OBC for 3n-6n cruises."

Is there a Disney site that outlines the above? I haven't found it. How do I verify it (the OBC) has been noted on my reservation?
Editing this to say Disney can confirm OBC by phone but it cannot be verified online by passenger.

Has anyone rebooked a cruise while onboard, to the same cruise, to get the OBC? I understand it would be at the rate at the time of rebooking and not the rate originally booked at. Did you get to keep the same cabin?

Has anyone rebooked a cruise while onboard, to the same cruise, to get the OBC? I understand it would be at the rate at the time of rebooking and not the rate originally booked at. Did you get to keep the same cabin?

Yes, we did this. We firstly booked at opening day prices, then a couple of months later we checked the price while on board. As the cruise hadn't gone up since opening day, we rebooked to get the 10% off and the OBC. As this was a new booking we had to pay another deposit (10%) and couldn't have the same cabins as they were already booked - by us. As our original booking was through a TA we named them again on the booking to get their full OBC as well. When we got ashore we had an email waiting from the TA confirming our new booking and checking that she should cancel the original one and whether we wanted our original deposit refunded or applied as a payment towards the new booking. At that stage we could have asked her to try and move our cabins back to our original ones as they would become available again once she cancelled, but we decided not to bother as we were quite happy with the new ones.

I booked my next cruise while on the ship. It was a 7 night cruise on the Wonder. When the booking dates came out, we had to change dates, ship. We went from the 7 night to a 5 night and changed to the dream. Only issue I had was to drop more down on the deposit because I had to change everything. Not too thrilled about the more money because of the smaller cruise, smaller room but it is what it is

This has been done by others many times, specially when they booked opening day prior to a recent booking.

If you booked directly with DCL, they can transfer the existing deposit over and even get the same cabin.

If you used a TA, you will have to book a new reservation on board - you also want to name the same TA. The TA will then work with DCL to transfer the cabin to the new reservation. The deposit can then be transferred over or refunded.

Note there's never a guarantee you will be able to keep the same cabin. Technically they release it and add it, and it could well be that someone else grabs it at the moment.

Do they offer the same incentives every cruise to re-book or offer better deals occasionally?

The only time I have seen anything other than the 10% off is when they were sailing from Galveston and having problems filling the ship. Then it was 20% off. . .
While on the Magic, we received a flier for OBBs with 20% off select repositioning cruises. There were six sailings listed.

Woody

Woody - how long ago? We are on the magic in a few weeks. Thanks!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest