Really? Come on Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that the system is being abused. But not on the same scale as the old system was. I believe this is a very minor issue with the new DAS program.

I have long had my suspicions that this program is being abused ...... https://www.wdwinfo.com/planning/has-disneys-das-pass-become-a-dasaster/
You realize that post is from October 2022 and from what I remember a lot of people did not like the contributor's take on it because they lack knowledge. Also please understand you're starting a topic that was already discussed with the thread locked. Continuing on a topic that has been locked gets into the DIS board rules.

For information on when this was discussed back when the topic was relevant please see this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/has-disney’s-das-pass-become-a-dasaster.3898918/

You realize that post is from October 2022 and from what I remember a lot of people did not like the contributor's take on it because they lack knowledge. Also please understand you're starting a topic that was already discussed with the thread locked. Continuing on a topic that has been locked gets into the DIS board rules.

For information on when this was discussed back when the topic was relevant please see this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/has-disney’s-das-pass-become-a-dasaster.3898918/
Please understand I saw the article listed in the side panel TODAY not back in2022 or whenever so to me this is new .... don't want it discussed perhaps it ought not to have been up for perusal today.

Please understand I saw the article listed in the side panel TODAY not back in2022 or whenever so to me this is new .... don't want it discussed perhaps it ought not to have been up for perusal today.
Understandable but the date was posted on the article of when it was written. Back when things appeared on the side in the old way you could scroll and see articles posted by DIS contributors and you could def. find old content that way too.

I think it's a valid question about the links although that is more of a technical question for the DIS in terms of their back algorithm for how things get selected for showing up at the bottom since that functions differently than links that are shown in order in which they are posted on the side when it used to be done that way. I doubt there is anything nefarious going on but this is separate from restarting a topic that has been closed, in the technical world I doubt they'd be able to connect that and block your thread from being created. My comment and Lane Judy's comment is to make it aware this is an old topic that was discussed already and became locked in the end.

Understandable but the date was posted on the article of when it was written. Back when things appeared on the side in the old way you could scroll and see articles posted by DIS contributors and you could def. find old content that way too.

I think it's a valid question about the links although that is more of a technical question for the DIS in terms of their back algorithm for how things get selected for showing up at the bottom since that functions differently than links that are shown in order in which they are posted on the side when it used to be done that way. I doubt there is anything nefarious going on but this is separate from restarting a topic that has been closed, in the technical world I doubt they'd be able to connect that and block your thread from being created. My comment and Lane Judy's comment is to make it aware this is an old topic that was discussed already and became locked in the end.
LOL ok I can assure you that there is nothing "nefarious" going on on my end at least ...

LOL ok I can assure you that there is nothing "nefarious" going on on my end at least ...
I was talking about the DIS bringing the topic back up when that particular contributor has caused a lot of fervor before.. a PP mentioned about it being promoted again for instance I don't think the DIS was doing that intentionally as opposed to just an algorithm being used.

Obviously was not talking about you having nefarious intentions..I was already talking about their algorithm at that point in my comment.

Why is a discussion so harmful to people are you not allowed to discuss something? That’s why it will be abused because anyone raising questions will be shot down.
You are certainly allowed to have a discussion about it but this particular article is IMO poorly written as the author doesn't understand DAS and makes a lot of assumptions about DAS users.

OK, we have been made aware. So we should read any article bold faced featured by the DIS very carefully (and I guess do a search?) to make sure it's allowed to be discussed.
FWIW I don't agree with the article. But it is a topic that seems to come up frequently and then sort of disappear.

OK, we have been made aware. So we should read any article bold faced featured by the DIS very carefully (and I guess do a search?) to make sure it's allowed to be discussed.
Well one I do tend to look at dates on when articles are posted. I do that in day to day life anyhow. An article posted 6 months ago probably is either going to contain out of date information or the controversy passed. That is honestly just me.

Two I think the concern should be directed towards the DIS technical department rather than going back and forth on a thread regarding why an outdated topic is showing up regardless of controversy or not. Would probably be good if people aren't seeing things are too far out of date when it comes to DIS contributor articles where they are paid for their content. Lane Judy's comment and then mine is about the DIS board rules. The OP may not have been aware and now they are. I wouldn't read anymore into it than that :flower3:

Horribly written and researched article which relies primarily on random anecdotes with no meaningful discussion of DAS and many disabilities which are not visibly apparent (in fact many of the most visually obvious disabilities are those which affect mobility which aren't covered by DAS). Serves to increase harassment of those with non-obvious disabilities.

Clearly any system is going to have some abuses. But making judgments on an entire system based on a few random reports with nothing else is just an irresponsible article.

Just look at the reaction from the OP that it inspired. . .

You are certainly allowed to have a discussion about it but this particular article is IMO poorly written as the author doesn't understand DAS and makes a lot of assumptions about DAS users.
What I took out of the article that was written WAY back in October 2022 is that the author does understand DAS and appears to even be a user of it, the problem being discussed in the article wasn't about users it was about abusers of the system and the need to possibly tighten/refine it.

Horribly written and researched article which relies primarily on random anecdotes with no meaningful discussion of DAS and many disabilities which are not visibly apparent (in fact many of the most visually obvious disabilities are those which affect mobility which aren't covered by DAS). Serves to increase harassment of those with non-obvious disabilities.

Clearly any system is going to have some abuses. But making judgments on an entire system based on a few random reports with nothing else is just an irresponsible article.

Just look at the reaction from the OP that it inspired. . .
My reaction was inspired by the author relating experiences of abuse as well as a few I also happen to know of personally .... honestly if Disney is allowing a no questions asked no documentation necessary to use the program then they invite the abuse of it. You or I would not even think of abusing it but a certain segment of the people are always going to try to take advantage of loopholes, grey areas, and lax enforcement. What I, nor you know, is how prevelent this is, perhaps Disney knows and does not care.

What I took out of the article that was written WAY back in October 2022 is that the author does understand DAS and appears to even be a user of it, the problem being discussed in the article wasn't about users it was about abusers of the system and the need to possibly tighten/refine it.
That's not really what I got out of it but there was already a 9 page thread about this article that addressed the issues I have with it. I just think articles like this will cause more people to give DAS users grief especially those with a non physical disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter