• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Realistic Dining Budget?

We don't budget--we just remortgage the house. 😁 Kidding aside, we're an older couple (he's 66, I'm 72),no kids, and we usually eat one table service meal a day, $35 to $65 US per person depending on location. [Edited to add: for us this is a base price. Wine, dessert, apps will add more to the bill, and it doesn't include tips)

We stay at the Fort so we have breakfast at camp and usually a small mid-morning brunch (we love Les Halles (sp)) That usually can run $15/$20 US. total. We eat dinner usually very early, than have a 6:30 pm snack.

We have soft drinks/water throughout the day (I buy the Disani water as I can't handle the taste of Disney tap water) and the odd cone of roasted almonds or a goodie 😎 or two.

All that said, we average about $150 per day. [Edited again: Looking back on it, I'd bet it's closer to $200 per day. math isn't my strong suit lol] can't speak to food at Universal as I've never been. I'd use this amount as a ceiling as to what you'd probably spend.

As you are keeping to QS meals, with young children, it depends on what your appetites are. But don't be surprised if you get tempted beyond your capacity to resist stopping at a food truck or snack shack. They they have a habit of wafting the delicious aroma of roasting almonds and pecans, popcorn, caramel laden goodies, and other formally nonessential food items into the air as you pass by.

So I'd budget a few extra $$ for emergency snack attacks. If you don't spend the money, you'll have it for when you get home and you're too Disney'd out too make dinner at home. 🥱

Last edited:
6 days at Disney for 4.

QS breakfast/lunch/dinner x 6 days(4 park + 2 relax). QS Breakfast - $20 for Kids & $30 for Parents. QS Lunch & Dinner - $40 for kids & $80 for parents x 6 days = $1020

QS Breakfast/lunch x 2 Days.
QS Breakfast- $20 for Kids & $30 for Parents. QS Lunch - $20 for kids & $40 for parents. Character Dinner - $70 kids $110 for adults x 2 days. = $580

Universal
- $400 both days.

Snacks $5 x 4 x 2 per day = $40 x 8 days = $320

1020+580+400+320 = $2320

Obviously a lot of room for variation there but you would be safe with that amount(please convert to CND$).
*converts to Canadian*
*wallet explodes*
*I go cry in a corner*

but seriously thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I sincerely appreciate it 💕

*converts to Canadian*
*wallet explodes*
*I go cry in a corner*

but seriously thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I sincerely appreciate it 💕

We always try to do breakfast in the room for both time and money. If you can do yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. you can have groceries delivered from one of the various groceries stores around.

You can also order delivery from local restaurants for much cheaper, share pizza, etc. My estimates were Disney restaurants the entire time.

We don't budget--we just remortgage the house. 😁 Kidding aside, we're an older couple (he's 66, I'm 72),no kids, and we usually eat one table service meal a day, $35 to $65 US per person depending on location. [Edited to add: for us this is a base price. Wine, dessert, apps will add more to the bill, and it doesn't include tips)

We stay at the Fort so we have breakfast at camp and usually a small mid-morning brunch (we love Les Halles (sp)) That usually can run $15/$20 US. total. We eat dinner usually very early, than have a 6:30 pm snack.

We have soft drinks/water throughout the day (I buy the Disani water as I can't handle the taste of Disney tap water) and the odd cone of roasted almonds or a goodie 😎 or two.

All that said, we average about $150 per day. [Edited again: Looking back on it, I'd bet it's closer to $200 per day. math isn't my strong suit lol] can't speak to food at Universal as I've never been. I'd use this amount as a ceiling as to what you'd probably spend.

As you are keeping to QS meals, with young children, it depends on what your appetites are. But don't be surprised if you get tempted beyond your capacity to resist stopping at a food truck or snack shack. They they have a habit of wafting the delicious aroma of roasting almonds and pecans, popcorn, caramel laden goodies, and other formally nonessential food items into the air as you pass by.

So I'd budget a few extra $$ for emergency snack attacks. If you don't spend the money, you'll have it for when you get home and you're too Disney'd out too make dinner at home. 🥱
We brought home $150 in Dis GC's and about $250 cash last week, so it is possible LOL! Agreed that when our son was young, it was way cheaper. It is surprising how filling the kids QS meals are and DH is even buying into it. It helps offset those $250-300 dinners!

We always try to do breakfast in the room for both time and money. If you can do yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. you can have groceries delivered from one of the various groceries stores around.

You can also order delivery from local restaurants for much cheaper, share pizza, etc. My estimates were Disney restaurants the entire time.
We always order extra pizza and wrap it in the foil wraps I pack. Makes a good meal hot or cold!

I'm budgeting $100 per person per day. I figure that way the days we eat all quick service will balance out the days we do signature dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter