READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad start to the day. D.H. was on my account, and thought that he was automatically on the BG because he was holding the phone. He checked my name but didn't select his own. I didn't realize until a few minutes later. We're going to try to fix it with a GET member.

The new version is 5.8. In the app, click the menu icon in the bottom right, then scroll down to Help, then it’ll show the app version.

(this is for iPhone, can’t speak for other platforms)
Thanks! I didn't know how to find this.
I just tried this, Android is the same :). I'd reinstalled about two weeks ago since it was running sluggish before our trip and mine is 5.7

The new version is 5.8. In the app, click the menu icon in the bottom right, then scroll down to Help, then it’ll show the app version.

(this is for iPhone, can’t speak for other platforms)

will take a look. Thanks!!

FYI...have been trying from home periodically for the last week and never had a problem and was able to get a boarding group multiple times before backups started. When I opened the app each morning the RotR was the first thing that popped up. After I had my successful attempts today I went back to my home page and tapped Galaxy’s Edge and then it wouldn’t let me even get a backup. 🤷‍♀️

Bad start to the day. D.H. was on my account, and thought that he was automatically on the BG because he was holding the phone. He checked my name but didn't select his own. I didn't realize until a few minutes later. We're going to try to fix it with a GET member.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

will take a look. Thanks!!

FYI...have been trying from home periodically for the last week and never had a problem and was able to get a boarding group multiple times before backups started. When I opened the app each morning the RotR was the first thing that popped up. After I had my successful attempts today I went back to my home page and tapped Galaxy’s Edge and then it wouldn’t let me even get a backup. 🤷‍♀️

I have Version 5.7 and am going to leave it alone since I haven’t had problems at home. Will be there in 1 week so will see what happens. 🤞

My husband got BG2! WiFi off. Verizon. Galaxy S8. Killed app at 7:55am. Opened at 7:59:55 and secured it. I opened at 7:59:50 and my red button never lit up. Thanks to everyone here for all of advice. We couldn't have done it without these boards.

We stood at the ToT hold point and RDed it with no wait.

Two hour return notification.

Congrats everyone!!!!

I am practicing from home this morning as usual and could not get the app to load until now, 8:17am. I force-closed the app and did a restart on my phone but could not get it working until a few hours later (now). Did anyone else have this issue today?

FYI, they are still on Backup Availability :).

The app doesn’t always load reliably on my phone. For me, I wouldn’t chance killing the app and starting fresh (it also takes 15 secs which I know will feel like a million years in the park). I haven’t had any issues with toggling between the home screen, Find Out More andMy Status when practicing at home so unless something changes, that’s going to be my strategy. I may have DH open fresh though since he has a much newer phone. (Honey, I need a new phone for Disney is probably not going to fly :rotfl2: )

Logistics question with the app. We will have 4 people trying plus one at home when we are there Feb 27. Only one day shot to try. We will be staggering our app open times a couple of seconds from each other just before and just at 8 am. If the red BG button is NOT lit is there any time that it becomes lit on its own, or if it's not lit, then just go back or refresh? Does it sometimes takes a second or two from unlit to lit while you are sitting there? Or should we just auto-program our fingers to go back/refresh if not lit immediately?
Thanks!

Spectacular fail on first real practice from home. Started app at 15 seconds before. Hit Find out More (not red) then My Status, and it was red. Hit join, but for some reason 2 of my family members were missing. Tried to go back and forth a couple of times, but they didn’t show up. Had to exit and restart the app, and then they were there, but we were already on backup groups. We really need a boarding group before noon on Feb 14. Maybe I will wait a few extra seconds to start next time?
If this happen dhen tou are in the park,just select the members you see and fix it later with Guest Experience team

I’ll be visiting the parks tomorrow with friends who do not have magic bands, but we have a will call number to pick up tickets for them (same day). We’re planning to arrive at Hollywood Studios before park opening (arriving around 7:00 am) to attempt to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and rope drop Smuggler’s Run, but with the early morning crowds, is it possible to even get to a ticket window to pick up the plastic tickets for them? Or is there somewhere else that I can pick up the tickets that might be easier? Supposedly these have to be picked up the day they’re used and not in advance.

I’ll be visiting the parks tomorrow with friends who do not have magic bands, but we have a will call number to pick up tickets for them (same day). We’re planning to arrive at Hollywood Studios before park opening (arriving around 7:00 am) to attempt to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and rope drop Smuggler’s Run, but with the early morning crowds, is it possible to even get to a ticket window to pick up the plastic tickets for them? Or is there somewhere else that I can pick up the tickets that might be easier? Supposedly these have to be picked up the day they’re used and not in advance.
The tickets windows open about an hour before official park opening so you'll have time to pick up the cards.

Logistics question with the app. We will have 4 people trying plus one at home when we are there Feb 27. Only one day shot to try. We will be staggering our app open times a couple of seconds from each other just before and just at 8 am. If the red BG button is NOT lit is there any time that it becomes lit on its own, or if it's not lit, then just go back or refresh? Does it sometimes takes a second or two from unlit to lit while you are sitting there? Or should we just auto-program our fingers to go back/refresh if not lit immediately?
Thanks!

It has been reported that sometimes it will just turn red, but I think better to try and refresh or go to My Status and back and forth between those screens and then if after a fer tries still not lit, close the app and restart it

Basically, there is a chance it will just turn red after a few seconds, but I am not patient enough to wait to see it with my own eyes 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter