READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no other way to get around this madness? It ruins the rope drop experience for the entire park, not just that one "popular" ride. Perhaps they could release 20 BG at the top of each hour, which may spread out the crowds. Yes, people would initially be trying for fewer BG, which would be frustrating. However, once the word gets out, not everyone will feel the need to be there at park opening if they have another chance at 8 or 9 or so on. This may help people without park hoppers who are tied to that park have additional opportunities to snag it if they miss the first round(s). It may also allow people to choose a time to try to get a BG more in line with their other plans, FP, ADRs and such. The BG would still run out of course and not everyone would get a chance, but it might spread out the crowds more and take the stress off the IT system. Of course, it should go without saying, but my personal opinion and based on my own experiences.
When an attraction is brand new and massively popular like this, I don't see the harm in severely limiting its access.

One ride per person for a while is a good start. Let everybody enjoy it once, please.

Allowing guests staying on site to pre-book a day, as they do with fastpasses, doesn't seem unreasonable.

What troubles me the most is how with most all of the recent new attractions they keep changing the rules. TSL & SWGE are a completely different animal. Multiple Experiences FPs don't work at all there (even Alien SS). Still no FP+ for MFSR. The DHS complaint used to be there's nothing to do. Now you can't do anything without a 2-3 hour wait. When do the rule changes stop? When does TSL become a "regular" land?

I'm excited for the new attractions the next few years, but I'm afraid they will be nearly impossible to actually experience without devoting an entire day to maybe, possibly, getting on the rides.

Well our BG 104 was not called yesterday. Unusable FP for today as on my way to the airport at 4:30am. Comp single day ticket for DHS valid for 2 years. Unlikely to use because of the lengths of our stays as we travel from the west coast. Way too early to wait until late in the evening and nada. I get all the reasons, issues etc but it finished our trip on a bad note and we would seriously hesitate over the ridiculously stupid boarding group frenzy that so easily could mean nothing. Sorry Disney but if at all possible you need to stick it out IMO and at least get thru the regular groups you issue. They stopped 10 before ours and that was still with approx 3 hours of park time left. Our day would have been done completely differently if not for the boarding group process they have decided to implement. Severe annoyance at this lottery aspect too as people way behind us in the park were getting boarding groups before us.

Giving it a thumbs down for process and results when complying with all they required.

Following along for our upcoming trip in February, and this is giving me serious anxiety. Going to just have to prepare and hope for the best. Honestly, it seems out of hand, but also out of our hands at the same time.

There is no other way to get around this madness? It ruins the rope drop experience for the entire park, not just that one "popular" ride. Perhaps they could release 20 BG at the top of each hour, which may spread out the crowds. Yes, people would initially be trying for fewer BG, which would be frustrating. However, once the word gets out, not everyone will feel the need to be there at park opening if they have another chance at 8 or 9 or so on. This may help people without park hoppers who are tied to that park have additional opportunities to snag it if they miss the first round(s). It may also allow people to choose a time to try to get a BG more in line with their other plans, FP, ADRs and such. The BG would still run out of course and not everyone would get a chance, but it might spread out the crowds more and take the stress off the IT system. Of course, it should go without saying, but my personal opinion and based on my own experiences.

What a frustrating experience for the person who is trying every hour and missing out every time. Not only do they not know right at 7 am, 8 am, whatever that they have missed out and to move on with their day, they have to worry about watching time while in the park so they can’t fully enjoy that either. Also if the entire lot of BG goes in 2 minutes on extremely busy days, the smaller portion would be gone in seconds.

I think if this trend continues past holiday crowds it would be best to set up some rules to prevent people from joining often, and get rid of the need to be in the park to join the BG lottery. No matter how you slice it, it really stinks to have to get you or your family to DHS at whatever time they do this at only to miss out, or even to have a ride near closing time when you’ve dragged your kids to the park for 6:30 AM.

Not sure how everything will go later today, but it appears that they are handling the BPs & FPs well. My family and I had the recovery FPs from yesterday & they had us go to a different set of CMs when we walked on the ride. & we walked right on, no wait. The BGs are being handled the same as it was, but seems to be moving steadily & smoothly. There’s not like a rush of FP folks seems like we are filing in sporadically, so as long as the ride doesn’t go down, all should go well. It was definitely worth all of the hassle! Great experience! Good Luck today everyone!!

Question for rider swap, the entire group needs to be in the initial BG, right? You can’t have an adult arrive at the park with the too short to ride kids later?

Question for rider swap, the entire group needs to be in the initial BG, right? You can’t have an adult arrive at the park with the too short to ride kids later?
Correct. All need a BG to get past the first entrance, then they handle the rider swap within the roped off area. I edited my previous post to add this.

Well our BG 104 was not called yesterday. Unusable FP for today as on my way to the airport at 4:30am. Comp single day ticket for DHS valid for 2 years. Unlikely to use because of the lengths of our stays as we travel from the west coast. Way too early to wait until late in the evening and nada. I get all the reasons, issues etc but it finished our trip on a bad note and we would seriously hesitate over the ridiculously stupid boarding group frenzy that so easily could mean nothing. Sorry Disney but if at all possible you need to stick it out IMO and at least get thru the regular groups you issue. They stopped 10 before ours and that was still with approx 3 hours of park time left. Our day would have been done completely differently if not for the boarding group process they have decided to implement. Severe annoyance at this lottery aspect too as people way behind us in the park were getting boarding groups before us.

Giving it a thumbs down for process and results when complying with all they required.

I’m sorry you missed out, that really sucks. Something needs to be done to prevent people from arriving exactly when they should be, waiting all day, and still coming up empty.

I’m okay with people who don’t arrive on time missing out. I’m not okay with luck of the draw race that you have little to no control in.

I agree, I was surprised that they didn’t continue to call BGs last night and run the ride a little past 10pm in an effort to get more people a chance to ride. I’m really sorry you didn’t get an opportunity to ride. 😔

I understand all the frustration. My hope is that they will have it all figured out by the time I get there in April!

You probably already know this, but to reassign a ticket you must be logged in to the MDE account of the current owner of the ticket. (You can give tickets away, but you can’t take them back. They must be given back to you by the the new, most current owner.)

Previously, these 1-day comp tickets have been reassign-able. Not sure if Disney changed that in the past two weeks. Is it possible you and other members of your family/traveling party have separate MDE accounts?
Ok thanks. I’ll check again, but I think they may have changed it.

So, I'm reading about all the stress/chaos and heartache associated with either riding or not getting to ride Rise of the Resistance. I'm going in mid-June. Do you think they will have a fast pass system set up by then for Galaxy's Edge rides??? I'm hoping it will be TOTALLY different than it is now.

What a frustrating experience for the person who is trying every hour and missing out every time. Not only do they not know right at 7 am, 8 am, whatever that they have missed out and to move on with their day, they have to worry about watching time while in the park so they can’t fully enjoy that either. Also if the entire lot of BG goes in 2 minutes on extremely busy days, the smaller portion would be gone in seconds.

I think if this trend continues past holiday crowds it would be best to set up some rules to prevent people from joining often, and get rid of the need to be in the park to join the BG lottery. No matter how you slice it, it really stinks to have to get you or your family to DHS at whatever time they do this at only to miss out, or even to have a ride near closing time when you’ve dragged your kids to the park for 6:30 AM.
Good points. The whole experience is frustrating. There is no perfect system that will please everyone. I am trying to think of a way to spread out the crowds and reduce the IT burden. My point is that you wouldn't HAVE to start trying at 7. You could wait until later. Of course the pool will be smaller and they will go faster. For people who are tied to the park, they still have hope. It would require people to interrupt their plans and keep trying every hour, and potentially be disappointed every hour.

So, I'm reading about all the stress/chaos and heartache associated with either riding or not getting to ride Rise of the Resistance. I'm going in mid-June. Do you think they will have a fast pass system set up by then for Galaxy's Edge rides??? I'm hoping it will be TOTALLY different than it is now.
they will continue to use the VQ as they see necessary. FP and standby won't be an option until the attraction can perform at an acceptable level or reliability
As for MFSR it has been [performing great without fp, who knows when or if they will implement it there

Last edited:
Good points. The whole experience is frustrating. There is no perfect system that will please everyone. I am trying to think of a way to spread out the crowds and reduce the IT burden. My point is that you wouldn't HAVE to start trying at 7. You could wait until later. Of course the pool will be smaller and they will go faster. For people who are tied to the park, they still have hope. It would require people to interrupt their plans and keep trying every hour, and potentially be disappointed every hour.
this scenario sounds like what Jedi Training Academy used to be.
The Jedi Master would chose from the kids in the audience who would go up and train, every show you saw lots of kids, jumping up and down, dressed in SW attire trying to get the attention of the Jedi Master and not chosen. Then they would come back for each show.
Some would get chosen after 1,2,3,4 tries, some would not get chosen after being there for every show....
this is why they changed that process because people got frustrated about spending time out of their day to get into the JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter