READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you both join a bg and then also use the fp and ride twice tomorrow? I wonder....
(I’m not there and won’t be at wdw til possibly next year, but just wondering...).
I really hope people don’t do this. There’s no way I would go through the hassle of getting there so early to try to get a BG if I already knew I had an opportunity to ride that day at any time.

I don’t know exactly how it would work, but I don’t completely disagree with this. With such a high demand to ride, it would be interesting if they had some kind of system in place to block you from getting a BG if you’d already gotten one and used one within a certain amount of time. It really frustrates me to see people talking about how many times they got to ride in one trip, or locals already riding multiple times, when there are others who haven’t gotten a chance at all, even when they’re following the procedure and doing everything right. It doesn’t have to be limited permanently, but during this time of extreme popularity and the push to ride, it shouldn’t be wrong to cut people off.
Yeah, I said this earlier and it was met with quite a bit of “resistance”. But it’s the truth, especially now that it’s not first-come, first-served. I think the limit should be two boarding groups in a week or 10-day span. If you’ve ridden it twice in the past week, let someone else have a go, especially on these days where the BGs are gone in 3-5 minutes. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

Last edited:
We had minor health and major transportation glitches this morning. Tap stiles at 7:04 or so despite best laid plans :( All three phones worked great and gave us red buttons...and we got 176, of course, because we were “so late”. Got a push notification around 2:30 that they wouldn’t get to us, but that was obvious by then! We did have a fantastic day and stayed till closing (RARE for us!) We will try again tomorrow with high hopes but low expectations.

l do think people need to relax a little bit. It’s an insanely popular brand new ride during the busiest week of the year. Has disney made some mistakes with the handing this ride? Yes. However, it was widely predicted that it was going to be total chaos this Christmas/New Years week months and months ago. Let’s see what happens with the VQ this Monday and Tuesday. I think that will be very telling of what to expect moving forward. I could be wrong, but common sense tells me that the BGs getting filled up after 2-5 minute thing will be a thing in the past come next week.

So if all of the Boarding Groups from today have Fastpasses for tomorrow, tomorrow may be a mess. :yoda:
I had similar thoughts just for today's groups still in the park today. I told my DH to expect a longer wait if our group got called because the line would have the BGs called PLUS any people given FPs. I assumed all the FPs would be given priority, which they ultimately were when the ride came back up (for those with FPs who were present).
That's why I was so curious listening to the different conversations CMs and various guests were having, including the one I posted about. I actually now think that highly displeased guest and the CM both didn't quite understand what the other was saying. I didn't see if the guest stayed or left.
One 20+ years veteran CM specifically suggested to someone leaving the line (during the breakdown) after being given FPs to *not* come tomorrow to use it, but instead try back in a couple days. At the time, I wondered if she just meant that the ride might still have technical issues tomorrow, but now I wonder if she was thinking about today's FP people being added into tomorrow's new regular BGs. So tomorrow might be rough for getting to the higher BGs?

We rode when it came back up, tapping in at 7:26. Depending on how you count things, I considered us to be on the ride 10 minutes later. We were fortunate to have a very loud, enthusiastic group a bit behind us, who whooped and cheered and made me laugh. We were separated from them by the end, but as we shopped near the exit, we could hear them still cheering when they left the ride. Their high spirits were infectious.
FYI, no one got a notification when our BG was called.
Everyone *loved* the ride, but only my youngest DS is willing (eager, really) to consider trying to ride again. DH was too stressed by all you have to do to get into a BG and THEN see if your BG gets called and THEN see if the ride cooperates. Having the technical issues when he tried to join at 7am definitely set off a dim view of the process for him. (We both have Pixel 3a, BTW, but with very different results.) It all threw several monkey wrenches into other plans, including a cancelled FP. "This is not a vacation," was his feeling by noon.
There was a 100 minute line at Droid Depot for those without reservations. I can't even remember the insane number for SR this afternoon, but the line snaked halfway through the outpost. When we headed out at 8:50pm after dinner at DB7 (really tasty!), SR was at a mere 55 minutes, but half my party refused to wait in another line and we really need sleep.
If you don't want to try for a BG, I would recommend coming late and staying until closing. Far fewer people everywhere in the land.
I hope everyone else finds a way to ride. I hope today was a blip, and the ride is ready to blaze through hundreds of groups and FP holders tomorrow. I hope people who either never got called or never got a BG in the first place can find a way to roll the dice again. I've never experienced anything like this process or the ride itself. GL to all.

Ugh. Went in December and decided I didn't want to deal with the stress of attempting to ride. Headed there again in a few days...based on the last few days I think I might just give up again. Going with sister and BIL in a few weeks and BIL will be very disappointed if he can't ride. I hope they figure out the ride glitches soon.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences in this thread.

Ugh. Went in December and decided I didn't want to deal with the stress of attempting to ride. Headed there again in a few days...based on the last few days I think I might just give up again. Going with sister and BIL in a few weeks and BIL will be very disappointed if he can't ride. I hope they figure out the ride glitches soon.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences in this thread.

There’s still a lot of people there from the holidays. I wouldn’t be so quick to pull the bandwagon quiet yet since Monday might show otherwise after some of these crowds have finally gone home after the holidays. Or at least I’m hoping it won’t be as bad when I try Thursday morning.

There’s still a lot of people there from the holidays. I wouldn’t be so quick to pull the bandwagon quiet yet since Monday might show otherwise after some of these crowds have finally gone home after the holidays. Or at least I’m hoping it won’t be as bad when I try Thursday morning.
If I try, it will be Wednesday morning. GL us!

Longtime watcher, first time poster- just want to first thank everyone on this thread for posting in such great detail! I feel as prepared as I can be. Sunday is my one (and only) day, so I will post my experience!!! This may be the most important 5 minutes of my life 🙀

I want to upgrade my ticket today to an AP but nervous this will screw something up with my account before attempting to get BG.... Does MDE recognize APs any differently (ie: give priority to those with short term tickets)???

Last edited:
Just a thought that if they have given out these FPs for tomorrow that probably means they will give out less boarding groups tomorrow

So for those going tomorrow ...May the Force Be With You!

Thank you. I’m going to do my best. My friends flew down from Wisconsin to try to get on and after talking to people here at Disney and reading this thread, it realize it may not happen. Put only hope is that the rain will keep the crowds away today.

I’m leaving the room at 5:30 am. Hopefully we will be at least able to get a boarding group.

Longtime watcher, first time poster- just want to first thank everyone on this thread for posting in such great detail! I feel as prepared as I can be. Sunday is my one (and only) day, so I will post my experience!!! This may be the most important 5 minutes of my life 🙀

I want to upgrade my ticket today to an AP but nervous this will screw something up with my account before attempting to get BG.... Does MDE recognize APs any differently (ie: give priority to those with short term tickets)???
You can still upgrade after entry if you have any more days left on your ticket even after you get your BG. By all means do that first. Afterwards, go to Guest Relations or ticket window in a park. There is a Guest Relations both inside and outside ech theme park. To answer your question, No, APs will be recognized just the same.

You can still upgrade after entry if you have any more days left on your ticket even after you get your BG. By all means do that first. Afterwards, go to Guest Relations or ticket window in a park. There is a Guest Relations both inside and outside ech theme park. To answer your question, No, APs will be recognized just the same.
Thank you!!!

I was fortunate enough to ride it twice during the first week when you could get a BG after tapping in. Was a madhouse at the turnstiles. This seems safer, but more of a crap shoot. Going again in February and am very interested to see how this system works. Good luck to all DISers in getting BGs this morning.

In line waiting for AK bus at Riverside and there are people that are here waiting for a DHS bus saying that they were going to ride ROTR today. I asked if they had FP from yesterday and they said no that this was their last day and they were saving the “best for last”. They knew about BGs but thought they were available all day. I had to poop on their party. No time even listed for a DHS bus here. I doubt they get there before 7:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter