• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ralph Lauren Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't fit her very well - notice the bunching of the fabric (not the criss-cross part, but lower) so I'm guessing either rack purchase or poor fitting? At least it was better than the sack dress she wore the other day.

I second the ME - OW!!

Was a gorgeous dress on a gorgeous lady!
Rack purchase - me thinks not! She looks great in whatever she wears.

I second the ME - OW!!

Your opinion is the blue dress was gorgeous and looked wonderful. I don't think it was all that great. She's a beautiful woman but I wasn't wowed by any of her outfits for the inauguration. I did like several that Ivanka and Tiffany wore. Maybe I just like their style better.

How is that catty?

Most people aren't, it's just a funny, political thing that I won't get into here. Just saying that in the past, any FLOTUS who had posed nude would have been raked over the coals. Maybe we are making progress here? Anyone remember Vanessa Williams in the 80s? Man...that was bad for her.

It was bad st the moment, but how many Miss America winners can we name 30 years later? And one of the few to stay in the limelight for years years. :)

Sorry but this is not true. Just another example of the fake news that it is being put out by the some. On JFK's inauguration Jackie wore a camel or tan colored dress and coat designed by Oleg Cassini.
http://theenchantedmanor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Inaguruation-ceremony-coat.jpg
and more details
http://theenchantedmanor.com/tag/jackie-kennedy-inaugural-ballgown-and-cape/
I don't blame you for repeating this but it drives me crazy to keep hearing the powder blue comparison. Whoever made this up did not do their research or had an agenda to compare her to Jackie.

By the way the blue was pretty it just looked nothing like Jackie Kennedy's inaugural coat and dress.

It may not have been Jackie O inauguration outfit, but there are pictures online with side by side comparisons of Melania and Jackie O. Jackie is wearing a pink/mauve jacket and Melania's coat is almost identical. She may not have been channeling Jackie O's Inauguration outfit but she was definitely trying to imitate her style.

It may not have been Jackie O inauguration outfit, but there are pictures online with side by side comparisons of Melania and Jackie O. Jackie is wearing a pink/mauve jacket and Melania's coat is almost identical. She may not have been channeling Jackie O's Inauguration outfit but she was definitely trying to imitate her style.
Or Ralph Lauren was. (I wonder how much Melania really knows about Jackie O?)

I just read in Vanity Fair that the house of Ralph Lauren stated for the record that they dressed both Melania and Hillary for the inauguration. No wonder I liked both outfits.

I don't know exactly what photo you are viewing but the side by side photo that was prevalent on the Internet and various news sites showed a falsely colorized version of Jackie Kennedy's coat. It actually was camel or tan colored. Up thread I referenced actual photos of the coat if you want to take a look at the actual color.

Just more "alternative facts".

I second the ME - OW!!

Did not fit well, so that was why I thought rack - why not buy rack, and then have it fitted? How snobby to say it couldn't be rack. I disagree that she looked great. She looked silly. but better than the ill=fitting white sack dress she wore. Not a meow at all - but you can think of it as such if you need to.

Of course people realize she was Jackie K in 1961. Right? :sad2:

I don't know exactly what photo you are viewing but the side by side photo that was prevalent on the Internet and various news sites showed a falsely colorized version of Jackie Kennedy's coat. It actually was camel or tan colored. Up thread I referenced actual photos of the coat if you want to take a look at the actual color.

Just more "alternative facts".

I'm sure there's more than one photo on the internet.

Did not fit well, so that was why I thought rack - why not buy rack, and then have it fitted? How snobby to say it couldn't be rack. I disagree that she looked great. She looked silly. but better than the ill=fitting white sack dress she wore. Not a meow at all - but you can think of it as such if you need to.
Wait - whose dress looked silly? Melania's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter